Alien: Enemy of My Enemy by Mary SanGiovanni

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 10, 2022, 03:18:38 PM

Author
Alien: Enemy of My Enemy by Mary SanGiovanni (Read 39,200 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Congratulations it's a Stompy!

RidgeTop

Yeah looks like the same model that was used for Into Charybdis and Infiltrator. Beats the ACM Aliens and I dig the color scheme, but still a bit of a step back after Inferno's Fall.

Corporal Hicks

I dig it. :) Better than most of the covers.

HuDaFuK

It's undeniably one of the better video game photoshops, but it's still a video game photoshop.

Miguel

It doesn't look bad.

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 17, 2022, 09:12:42 AMYeah looks like the same model that was used for Into Charybdis and Infiltrator. Beats the ACM Aliens and I dig the color scheme, but still a bit of a step back after Inferno's Fall.

Inferno's Fall's cover was like a comic cover in that what's on the cover doesn't happen on the pages.

Great cover though. This is still a step back

The story set-up sounds interesting. Three books in to the Colony Wars and we might actually get some of that. Colony War had some ship fights and 3Wexit, but that wasn't the focus, and Inferno's Fall  gave us a pov of the Colony planets getting bombed. We haven't had an actual Colony War though.

felix

Delayed till March 14th.

Still Collating...

Too bad for the delay. I'm curious to see how this wraps up the loose trilogy. I don't have my hopes up, but I'm curious to see what was the point of this trilogy, what's the deal with the Border-bombers.

Quote from: Wompdonkey on Aug 18, 2022, 12:59:22 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 17, 2022, 09:12:42 AMYeah looks like the same model that was used for Into Charybdis and Infiltrator. Beats the ACM Aliens and I dig the color scheme, but still a bit of a step back after Inferno's Fall.

Inferno's Fall's cover was like a comic cover in that what's on the cover doesn't happen on the pages.

Great cover though. This is still a step back

The story set-up sounds interesting. Three books in to the Colony Wars and we might actually get some of that. Colony War had some ship fights and 3Wexit, but that wasn't the focus, and Inferno's Fall  gave us a pov of the Colony planets getting bombed. We haven't had an actual Colony War though.

Completely agreed.

Nelostic

Aliens now become
Star Wars
Star Craft
Warhammer 40 000

TheBATMAN

This is now out in the wild.

BlueMarsalis79

Hoping it answers some lingering questions from the prior novel.

xShadowFoxX

I don't know how I would feel about

Spoiler
David being the cause of everything here, even though it might make sense in a convoluted way...
[close]

Like, Colony War was terrible. I liked Inferno's Fall at first, but subsequent rereads kind of dragged it down for me. I don't know yet...

TheBATMAN

Spoiler
Im about 60 pages in. So far it is standard stuff but the setting of a moon on collision with a nearby planet is interesting. Plot so far is a Weyland-Yutani bioweapons lab is experimenting on xenos as they do and have successfully found a way to dramatically slow the growth of a chestburster embryo, meaning it can take up to several weeks to gestate with the theory being this would allow more chance of successful removal to keep the host alive. As usual, there is a containment breach.

On the same moon is a Seegon lab who are due to be evacuated in 24 hours time and they respond to a distress call from the Wey-Yu lab. There are a few marines and a female scientist and female synthetic who respond. They have conversations about the border bombings but that's about it so far.
[close]

TheBATMAN

Spoiler
So the survivors eventually get off planet and head for LB-846 which is holding a summit between all major governments to address the pathogen bombings. But the summit is sabotaged by General Vaughn who arranges for a host of bioweapons to be sent to slaughter everyone there. This ties into the RPG with Project Life Force and Deep Void.
When our heroes arrive, it is previously revealed that Dr Fowler has purposefully impregnated himself with an Alien Queen. He did this and used his serum to slow its growth, believing he would be evacuated by Weyland Yutani. The queen is born and the survivors use it to slaughter the XX121B bioweapons on the planet.
Siobhan, our main hero, obtains evidence of Vaughn's involvement which she transmits to all major government leaders. It is revealed she obtained the pathogen 'receipe' from an Engineer ship and has been recreating it on a barren world and Deep Void have been using it to bomb colonies with the hope that people would need Vaughn's private armies after she initiates a hostile takeover of the military.

Another disappointing book in what has been a very disappointing Colony War trilogy. The tie ins with the RPG is harming what has been a fairly solid catalogue of Titan novels.

No mention of David.
[close]

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 21, 2023, 10:35:41 AM
Spoiler
So the survivors eventually get off planet and head for LB-846 which is holding a summit between all major governments to address the pathogen bombings. But the summit is sabotaged by General Vaughn who arranges for a host of bioweapons to be sent to slaughter everyone there. This ties into the RPG with Project Life Force and Deep Void.
When our heroes arrive, it is previously revealed that Dr Fowler has purposefully impregnated himself with an Alien Queen. He did this and used his serum to slow its growth, believing he would be evacuated by Weyland Yutani. The queen is born and the survivors use it to slaughter the XX121B bioweapons on the planet.
Siobhan, our main hero, obtains evidence of Vaughn's involvement which she transmits to all major government leaders. It is revealed she obtained the pathogen 'receipe' from an Engineer ship and has been recreating it on a barren world and Deep Void have been using it to bomb colonies with the hope that people would need Vaughn's private armies after she initiates a hostile takeover of the military.

Another disappointing book in what has been a very disappointing Colony War trilogy. The tie ins with the RPG is harming what has been a fairly solid catalogue of Titan novels.

No mention of David.
[close]

Wow...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed