Phoebe Waller-Bridge to play android named Ruk/Rook? (Source: Daniel RPK)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Dec 29, 2022, 09:53:58 PM

Author
Phoebe Waller-Bridge to play android named Ruk/Rook? (Source: Daniel RPK) (Read 11,717 times)

David Weyland

Quote from: SiL on Dec 30, 2022, 11:42:21 AMIt's unlikely to be David himself. I think they mean the "David role" as in "the  android's role in this story".

Ah well ok if that's the case

lipstick2void

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is a favourite of mine, she's fantastic, brilliant writer. She's be ace in this role if confirmed.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2022, 10:53:15 AMMight have been one of Alex's actually. Charybdis?

The very end of The Cold Forge. Blue's new android vehicle's name IIRC

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: David Weyland on Dec 30, 2022, 12:06:51 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 30, 2022, 11:42:21 AMIt's unlikely to be David himself. I think they mean the "David role" as in "the  android's role in this story".

Ah well ok if that's the case

So it could be said that the only thing in common that she may have with David is the fact of being a synthetic person, right? I ask this because you know, she might a villain too.

I do like the ambiguous characters though.

Xenomorphine

The traditional alphabetic capitalisation is probably being voided because those behind of it might simply not be aware. It's a very niche thing.

Also suspect it's nothing more than a winking homage at Bishop, arguably the most fondly embraced of all the mainstream synthetic characters, over the years.

Can't say I'm familiar with any of the actor's performances, aside from 'Solo', but she does have that weirdly androgynous vibe Call had.

Some Old Dude

I just hope she's not as annoying as a robot as she was in Solo.

grag

:-
I'm sooo tired of androids. I swear, if I was a director of an Alien movie, there would not be any AI at all.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 30, 2022, 09:51:05 PMCan't say I'm familiar with any of the actor's performances, aside from 'Solo', but she does have that weirdly androgynous vibe Call had.

I don't remember what her character was like in Solo, but she's the goddaughter of Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones⁵. I'll have to watch that one to find out! ;D 👉👈

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 30, 2022, 09:51:05 PMThe traditional alphabetic capitalisation is probably being voided because those behind of it might simply not be aware. It's a very niche thing.

Also suspect it's nothing more than a winking homage at Bishop, arguably the most fondly embraced of all the mainstream synthetic characters, over the years.

Yeah, I'd imagine that the alphabetic naming convention is a thing of the past, which is honestly fine by me. It was cute, but not something that really stuck out to me as being pivotal in any way. Like you said, Rook seems to be functioning as a sort of companion name to Bishop, just as Walter [Hill] was to David [Giler].

LV-12986

I'm more hyped up for the series than this....

Hicks1983

Bit bored of the female heroine role in the franchise... let's switch it up and have a male hero... ripley just can't be outdone... I think they try to hard to recreate that character and I just don't feel it can be done imo.

Richman678

This is a let down I'm not a fan.

Mike’s Monsters

Pheobe is a fantastic artist, writer and performer. If she is an android, I can see her kicking ass at the role. She could definitely do the creepy if that's what they go for with the artificial person. She could easily play it like Lance did with Bishop, making you question his motives until the end because of our past experiences with Ash. Looking forward to her being cast if true.

BlueMarsalis79

Mr. Clemens

I've only 'seen' her in Solo, but in the bonus features for that film she seemed like a really interesting individual. Looking forward to a complete sight & sound performance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed