Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books

Started by felix, Sep 14, 2017, 01:45:44 AM

Author
Alien: The Cold Forge - Titan Books (Read 116,399 times)

Wweyland

Well, Alien: Isolation has a prequel comic but it does not show that much. It has the right idea though.

Corporal Hicks

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2018, 11:15:29 AM
Our podcast on the book is now up! https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/08/23/alien-the-cold-forge-avp-galaxy-podcast-71/

Great podcast guys! Javier certainly won't be typing up another password (Hicks you cracked me up with that comment!). Hopefully Alex gets another crack at an Alien novel (or short story). I'm all for letting the talented writers return as I'm happy with Lebbon's 4 novels and 2 shorts (Out of the Shadows, The Rage War, Sprite, and Devil Dogs) also pleased with Dan Abnett's works (Isolation, Life and Death, and Reaper) and I'd add James Moore to the list with Sea of Sorrows, Distressed and the recently released Hunters and Hunted. I'm excited to see what Titan has lined up for 2019. I'd be interested to know how many copies sold of this book (or any of the other Alien novels for that matter).

The Cruentus

Great podcast.
Androids breathing is an odd thing but David and Walter played the flute which would require some form of breath.
I think Marcus was described as having pheromones as well, I might be wrong but I remember that other than his inability to digest anything and inhuman abilities, he was made very close to human and had pain receptors as well though I think only Blue had that on when she was in control.

Denton Smalls

I'm going to listen today. Speaking of Marcus, who if anyone did you guys envision playing that role, just for imagination's sake?

The Old One

The Old One

Marcus is quite obviously Michael Fassbender inspired.

The Cruentus

I don't know about that, he is described as blonde with high cheekbones or something like that. The fact he is too "perfect" is what tips Dorian off that he is a synthetic.

Wweyland

I envisioned Marcus to be buff, perhaps a big T-800 like body for some reason.

Denton Smalls

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 27, 2018, 04:25:41 PM
I don't know about that, he is described as blonde with high cheekbones or something like that. The fact he is too "perfect" is what tips Dorian off that he is a synthetic.

Yeah, she's wrong. Especially since the separate Walter model is also mentioned.

Prime Dolph Lundgren all the way.

The Old One

The Old One

Alex White talks about Marcus in one of the interviews, can't find it right now.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 27, 2018, 01:29:15 PMAndroids breathing is an odd thing but David and Walter played the flute which would require some form of breath.

That's a good point that I don't remember crossing our minds!

SM

SM

They've always breathed.

The Cruentus

Didn't Ash blow into his hand or fist to "keep warm"? I remember something like that, it is right after he did that jog thing.

SM

SM

Yeah kind of.  It's also the kind of gesture you make to cover a burp.  But you can see him breathing in other scenes.  He sweats while in the science blister.  He swallows after his head's chopped off.  That plus Bishops breathing being the only sound when he's crawling down to the uplink tower would suggest these processes are programmed and involuntary.  Ash doesn't have to sweat when there's no one around to suspect he's a robot.  Everyone knows Bishop is a robot, so why bother with breathing?  (Rhetorical).

Nostromo

Listening to the audible version of Aliens: Cold Forge, at chapter 27 now, this story is solid! The constant use of the words "long corridors" shows the writer knows the Alien world well. This is a fine Alien book!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed