Talk Show Promotion (Read 16,777 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Vickers on May 24, 2012, 09:58:08 AM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 24, 2012, 09:52:40 AM
Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 09:12:01 AM
Helloooo:

http://t.co/43y2kwfc
Can anyone hear what Vickers is saying exactly?

WARNING: can contain possible plot information
Nice catch!!

Text and Spoilers below!!

Spoiler
V: What did he say David
D: I don't think he would want me to tell you.
V: What did he say?
D: I'm sorry that's confid - (gets pushed to the wall) - ential.
V: So help me God, I will find the cords (unclear: [I will] make sure [which one]) and then I will cut it.
V Desperate Now: What did he say?
D: He said - try harder.

They are undoubtedly talking about Peter Weyland and his life support. She wants to cut his support to stop taking orders from him. This way - she can inherit the company. Weyland's order are undoubtedly to find something that can prolong his life. After she had failed numerous times -  or just met with no success, David goes to consult with Weyland in his sleeping chamber. Weyland tells her to try harder. David passes the message along - however heart breaking it may be.
[close]

I think she said,
Spoiler
"I will find the cord that makes you run and then I will cut it." - basically referring to the fact David is an android.
[close]

You are correct!

Vickers

Vickers

I don't think she's talking about a life support cord.  She's referring to him being an android. "I will find the cord that makes you run and then I will cut it."

More of a metaphor.

Although I could be way off. :P

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Qwertify on May 24, 2012, 09:59:42 AM
Quote from: Vickers on May 24, 2012, 09:58:08 AM
Quote from: Qwertify on May 24, 2012, 09:52:40 AM
Quote from: Symn on May 24, 2012, 09:12:01 AM
Helloooo:

http://t.co/43y2kwfc
Can anyone hear what Vickers is saying exactly?

WARNING: can contain possible plot information
Nice catch!!

Text and Spoilers below!!

Spoiler
V: What did he say David
V: So help me God, I will find the cords (unclear: [I will] make sure [which one]) and then I will cut it.

They are undoubtedly talking about Peter Weyland and his life support. She wants to cut his support to stop taking orders from him. This way - she can inherit the company. Weyland's order are undoubtedly to find something that can prolong his life. After she had failed numerous times -  or just met with no success, David goes to consult with Weyland in his sleeping chamber. Weyland tells her to try harder. David passes the message along - however heart breaking it may be.
[close]

I think she said,
Spoiler
"I will find the cord that makes you run and then I will cut it." - basically referring to the fact David is an android.
[close]

You are correct!

Oh sorry, responded to you twice.  But I could be wrong.  It's never easy to tell with low quality audio.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Vickers on May 24, 2012, 10:00:26 AM
I don't think she's talking about a life support cord.  She's referring to him being an android. "I will find the cord that makes you run and then I will cut it."

More of a metaphor.

Although I could be way off. :P

No you are right - I misheard the audio. It loud around here. Definitely makes more sense anyways. "HE" though has to be Weyland.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Its only a snippet, I know, but im not overly impressed. Absolute stinkin' rehash of Ripley v Ash. Or am I being too harsh?

Vickers Valiant

Vickers Valiant

It's an "alright" scene in my opinion, but the music could have been much better.

mcj5644

mcj5644

Quote from: SuicideDoors on May 24, 2012, 10:10:15 AM
...Absolute stinkin' rehash of Ripley v Ash. Or am I being too harsh?

Perhaps, time will tell.  It remains to be seen whether or not the "David 8" Series of androids are as "twitchy" as Ash and his brethren turned out to be. ;)

-MCJ

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Yeah the music was just filler. Must be hard to compose for a movie that's essentially a reboot, though.

xii22loop

xii22loop

Its only a snippet, I know, but im not overly impressed. Absolute stinkin' rehash of Ripley v Ash. Or am I being too harsh?

haha Ripley would wish she was as threatening as Vickers

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Qwertify on May 24, 2012, 09:56:35 AMV: What did he say David?

You know, when I listened to it, I thought that last part was "try murder". :D

mcj5644

mcj5644

Quote from: xii22loop on May 24, 2012, 10:21:50 AM

haha Ripley would wish she was as threatening as Vickers

I don't know about that one, friend.  Sigourney Weaver stands six feet tall (or 1.8288 meters) ... how tall is Charlize?

Obviously, Fassbender is a dainty lil' fella. ;D

-MCJ

Symn

Symn

I AM impressed by the acting in this. Vicky seems like a proper insane b*tch and Fassbender seems like a proper... Android.   This little scene here blows everything Logan Marsshall Green and his hipsterface has ever done right out of the water. I soo hope that douche dies a painful horrible excruciatingly slow death.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 24, 2012, 10:24:07 AM
http://gyazo.com/ddda50e2361eeed1908d7beb14822702.png?1337854536

Want to know how David dies?

Spoiler
Decapitated by Janek in the Lounge with the Fire Extinguisher.
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Why can't Vickers and Ripley both be threatening? ;) Besides, they don't strike me as being similar apart from being strong women with some sense while everybody else is out and about asking for something to happen to them.

I like the interaction in this clip.  It makes me want to see more.

And Qwertify, I think you're right - I think they're talking about Peter Weyland.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed