The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM

Author
The Predator Behind-the-scenes Thread (Read 134,479 times)

Never say no to Panda!

Just passionless.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

XenoHunter99

Too bad that unused head didn't get used. It's good work. :)

Voodoo Magic

Beautiful!

Wysps

That's some awesome work right there  :o

skull-splitter

The kind of pictures I hoped to see in the book...

Corporal Hicks

Yeah...the Art/Making books these days are just so disappointing compared to what we find out on our own.

The Old One

The Old One

Prometheus' & Isolation's were excellent I thought.
Especially in tandem with the Prometheus 3-Disc Blu-ray set.
Covenant's and The Predator's are very poor.
Covenant's Special Features, aside from one new viral were also poor.
& I reckon "The Predator" Special Features will be much the same.
At least Covenant has David's Drawings though and Adam Savage's videos.

Corporal Hicks

Prometheus' paled in comparrison to Furious Gods. But I think it's going to be a while before we're treated to anything like that again. From what Alec said in that last podcast, studios just aren't interested in that kind of extensive home release these days.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Naginata

The first draft must have been bananas.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed; if the movie was going to be stupid either way, I'd have preferred it go full-on Jupiter Ascending-level stupid rather than just boringly by-the-numbers stupid.

PureKino

PureKino

I think most of the problems with the movie can be traced to pairing Fred Dekker and Shane Black. Shane Black is a decent enough director with a few actually good movies to his credit. The only thing I know Dekker from is Monster Squad, which sucks and is another Black and Dekker colab.

Frankly, with the way Hollywood is structured right now I dont think we were ever going to get a good Predator movie. Hollywood has obsessed with detached ironic smarm ever since the MCU decided detached  ironic smarm was all the characterization they were ever going to need and turned it up to 11 but that approach was never going to work here. I know "Predator is actually a screwball comedy" is currently Avpgalaxy's newest meme, but it's a bad meme, you should feel bad for believing it and this Shane Black movie proves that goofy comedy Predator doesnt work. The first Predator had one liners but it was also very earnest about its central premise.

Beans81

Absolutely awful. Glad we didn't see this in the
Movie, though saying that it's on pare with the pointless predator dogs

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some better quality versions of artwork Shane Baxter previously shared. Plus, I think this is new.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KaOYyx

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo2I5fQAaii/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=10ztwclw62i06

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed