Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 423,801 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 24, 2018, 06:38:39 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Jul 24, 2018, 12:25:23 AM
Still using the APC in marketing...

Interesting...
I know they have to attract more people to watch the film but it's not fair they use stuff so close to the premiere which won't be in the final version.
Movie business, millions of dollars... fair  :D

The Old One

The Old One

I think it's great when trailers lie to the audience with no irony. I like going in and being surprised.

YTL_Hunter_H2

I wasn't pleased the way infinity war used this in their marketing.

The Old One

The Old One

I was, it was clever.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 24, 2018, 01:58:25 PM
I think it's great when trailers lie to the audience with no irony. I like going in and being surprised.
I love how they did that with the Deadpool 2 trailer and the actual movie

Huggs

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 24, 2018, 06:38:39 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Jul 24, 2018, 12:25:23 AM
Still using the APC in marketing...

Interesting...
I know they have to attract more people to watch the film but it's not fair they use stuff so close to the premiere which won't be in the final version.

If we get a director's cut or alternate version containing the original film, that's one thing. But to keep using footage not found in the new theatrical cut is kind of raw. Instead of talking about the quality of the film, or enjoying the experience again in their mind, people will be leaving the theater scratching their heads and wondering why all that cool looking stuff wasn't in the movie. Just like the laser scene with Royce in Predators, I spent the remainder of the film and a good portion afterwards wondering why that money shot was changed. It was a distraction.

The Old One

The Old One

You know why that shot was changed, there's only three Predators, they wanted to make it look like there were more.
Nothing mysterious or anything to ponder.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 24, 2018, 10:06:46 PM
You know why that shot was changed though, there's only three Predators and they wanted to make it look like there was more.
Nothing mysterious or anything to ponder.

For me there was. It was the first time I'd ever encountered such a thing. I kept thinking the 3 predators must be pushing them towards a larger camp or that additional predators would be coming off the ship to hunt them. Consequently, when I saw that scene, it served as a distraction because it was something I had been anticipating the whole movie.

yautjapet

Yeah, I think it was pretty shady to deliberately put a shot in the Predators trailer that was misleading and had nothing to do with the story. And while for this movie, it was a late change rather than intentional misdirection, now that they've cut the friendly preds and the APC scenes they should quit using them in forthcoming trailers.

Tetsujin

Total Film

Maybe new still or any other new information?

MudButt

We're getting closer to release.. about 6 weeks out so the marketing campaign is about to ramp up. Excited to see these interviews with the cast. They've all got great chemistry and they're entertaining individually. I know commenting on Olivia Munn's attractiveness is popular currently (for good reason, my god) but she's also pretty funny and entertaining in interviews.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Tetsujin on Jul 25, 2018, 05:22:02 PM
Total Film

Maybe new still or any other new information?

I'll pick it up on Friday.

ace3g

#50 days till the release of The Predator

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

YTL_Hunter_H2

I'm looking forward to this scene the script sucked but it opened very strong

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed