Alien 3 - Third Cut enhanced re-edit by 15Maf

Started by BringbackJonesy!, Jun 28, 2019, 03:59:18 PM

Author
Alien 3 - Third Cut enhanced re-edit by 15Maf (Read 41,550 times)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

The cryotube is missing for
Alien Isolation, I think.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 16, 2019, 10:16:40 PM
Anything else is fanfiction.

Agreed, as the 'cryo-nightmares' scenario is merely my own preferred 'fanfictional' way of looking at these 'official canon' continuations to ALIENS.

(and I use an alternative 'fanfictional' method to make the likes of PROM and AC work better for myself too, as described on page 205 of the 'Egg on Sulaco' thread) ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Alien* continuation.

D88M

Sorry to bump this but i finally watched it last night.
The movie is still kind of a mess, i have not seen the assembly cut mind you, but i feel like all the stuff added only slightly improves the movie, it gives a little more depth to everything but seems like all the issues it has are not solved by adding footage.
I think the theatrical cut is the best version, as flawed as it is. Maybe with some little stuff added from the other cut but overall it needs a better script.

Huggs

Quote from: D88M on Mar 19, 2020, 12:30:21 AM
...i have not seen the assembly cut mind you...

Well, there's your problem remember right there.

;D

SM

Quote from: D88M on Mar 19, 2020, 12:30:21 AM
Sorry to bump this but i finally watched it last night.
The movie is still kind of a mess, i have not seen the assembly cut mind you, but i feel like all the stuff added only slightly improves the movie, it gives a little more depth to everything but seems like all the issues it has are not solved by adding footage.
I think the theatrical cut is the best version, as flawed as it is. Maybe with some little stuff added from the other cut but overall it needs a better script.

No cut of this film fixes the problems.  They were in the script all along.

Huggs

Don't listen to that.

He's crazy.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2020, 01:30:55 AM
No cut of this film fixes the problems.  They were in the script all along.
"Were there problems in the story?"
"Yes."
"Are they in the script, or did they follow us into production?"

"They were with us all the way."

SM

Valaquen

You can't save this film's narrative. Even the writers took an angry, let's-just-finish-it energy to the writing process. I don't think people will get tired of looking at the film, though. It's a triumph of imagery and aesthetics. Just thinking about the story however gives me a headache. Go any deeper than the surface of things and incongruities pop up everywhere.

Voodoo Magic

Kradan

Blasphemers

SM

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 19, 2020, 05:01:29 PM
You can't save this film's narrative. Even the writers took an angry, let's-just-finish-it energy to the writing process. I don't think people will get tired of looking at the film, though. It's a triumph of imagery and aesthetics. Just thinking about the story however gives me a headache. Go any deeper than the surface of things and incongruities pop up everywhere.

It's a triumph that something remotely watchable was achieved.

Local Trouble

Why don't you deify it though?

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 19, 2020, 08:55:49 PM
Why don't you deify it though?

Tis a false idol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed