Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 48,013 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2022, 11:02:48 AM30+ hours too.

That's Mass Effect length, if it's got not much fat, very impressive.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I for one am so happy this game is coming! Yeah, too bad there is no Isolation 2, but it's pretty clear that's not gonna happen soon unfortunately... It's a shame we don't have another AVP game, and that we can't play as the alien, but it's not like I'm expecting that to happen any time soon so I'm looking on the bright side. AFE feels very arcade like, almost silly even though it can be very fun with friends. But this seems like it's going for some dark action/horror vibes. That trailer sets the tone right. And I did love Alien Swarm, so I have no problem with the game type.

Loved the voice acting in the trailer! The aliens don't look perfect, but aren't bad at all. At least they're the correct scale. Brave of them to make this a single player game but it means we're getting an actual story this time! I want to see more of this. They need to keep the horror and hopelessness of the vibe going.

I'm very doubtful that 30 hours wont be padded out, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The human mutant enemies with the chest Stark reactor don't really feel like they fit in well with the EU, but if they get some nice story exploration, why not?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Always happy for more Alien/AvP games, especially on Steam (and with achievements!). I'm not against the RTS aesthetic, at least it's something new.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 18, 2022, 06:25:01 PMYeah, too bad there is no Isolation 2, but it's pretty clear that's not gonna happen soon unfortunately...

Honestly, it shouldn't be expected at all...

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 18, 2022, 06:25:01 PMThe human mutant enemies with the chest Stark reactor don't really feel like they fit in well with the EU, but if they get some nice story exploration, why not?

I'm very curious about these guys. Aesthetically speaking, they don't excite me too much, but functionally speaking I'm very content with Colonial Marines' Bugmen, or Pathogen mutants, so I'm curious to see what they're doing here and whether they work or not.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 21, 2022, 08:06:27 AM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 18, 2022, 06:25:01 PMThe human mutant enemies with the chest Stark reactor don't really feel like they fit in well with the EU, but if they get some nice story exploration, why not?

I'm very curious about these guys. Aesthetically speaking, they don't excite me too much, but functionally speaking I'm very content with Colonial Marines' Bugmen, or Pathogen mutants, so I'm curious to see what they're doing here and whether they work or not.

It keeps the chestbursters dormant.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Interesting shout. Certainly an angle I'm interested in.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I'm in! Love seeing perma-death and lasting consequences for actions taken. The stakes should be high.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

My excitement died down when I realized what kind of game it'll be but I might try it out if it isn't competing with other games at the time.

Not that I hate the kind of game it'll be, just that the first 95% of the trailer got me hyped enough that I was expecting more.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

What do you mean by "more" ?

What would have made your excitement go up?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

My mind started thinking "first person shooter that balances action and horror and made with similar or greater love and detail as Alien Isolation".

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

How do you know it is not all of those things but a first person shooter?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Who knows at this point in time, but what I do know is first person and command from top down aren't the same experience.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's true, but RUINER 's far more visceral and full of identity than the majority of FPS, ditto on Disco Elysium.

RidgeTop

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I guess this is where we'll be getting the info we missed from SDCC!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed