Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 48,321 times)

Wompdonkey

Wompdonkey

Can't wait to miss my shot on a 99% chance go hit

Wweyland

Wweyland

Any estimate on the release date?

Komenja

Komenja

I'm digging the sound of this game so far. Probably the closest thing we'll ever get to another AvP: Extinction.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 30, 2022, 11:16:29 AMAny estimate on the release date?

No idea at this point, I'm afraid.

Quote from: Komenja on Aug 30, 2022, 09:12:32 PMI'm digging the sound of this game so far. Probably the closest thing we'll ever get to another AvP: Extinction.

I'm finding myself more and more excited for this one. Everything I'm hearing about it has me intrigued.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I would so like to see some more gameplay soon, I hope this turns out great.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 01, 2022, 03:38:40 PMI would so like to see some more gameplay soon, I hope this turns out great.

Same, very curious about what part SOMA will play.

Corporal Hicks

Komenja

Komenja

QuoteThere are areas of respite to be found on each map, and you'll need them in order to pause, take on health-restoring sustenance and let your stress levels cool down

Sounds kinda comfy, honestly. If they're literally stopping to squat and eat, it'd be cool if they popped off at jokes and each other and forced some canned laughter to try and keep up their morale.

QuoteUpon finding a room with limited access points you can seal any port that an alien might pop its head through and take five

Rad. That was something I was hoping Colonial Marines would have more of, but it ended up being largely limited to specific story segments and one of the multiplayer modes. I wished it had worked more like Killing Floor, where you can weld almost any door shut to make choke points and dynamically effect map flow- at least until the zeds overwhelm your door and bust it down.
Spoiler
Speaking of, this might be a controversial take, but I genuinely think the Aliens mod for Killing Floor is way better at being an Aliens game than most of the actual Aliens games, at least as far as survival/Horde modes go.
[close]

QuoteIt's not only the hostile aliens you're up against in Dark Descent either - something very, very wrong has gone on here, and there are some pretty messed-up-looking humanoids around the place, which make the Working Joes of Alien: Isolation look like your best mates picking you up for a pint or three down the local.

I'm very interested in seeing what the new enemies are. Xeno cultists? Bug-Men like the A:CM comic? Black Goo mutants?
Spoiler
Kennermorphs? :D
[close]

QuoteThere's also time itself, as after a set number of days the installation will be nuked from orbit - it is, after all, the only way to be sure - whatever the successes of your on-the-ground team.

Oh snap. Well, I guess it is the only way to be sure. I imagine that's a way to prevent the player from cheesing the game's stress mechanics and resting marines too often.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

They look more like Mass Effect husks than anything else.

Kailem

Kailem

Unless they're bringing the alien from Virus into continuity. :P

Schrödinger

Schrödinger

NGL. Actually happy this is being made. AvP got an RTS, I don't think Aliens got one yet.

I just hope we can name and edit the looks of our squads.

Also it being SP only; I hope they will have mod support cause yeah, just kinda goes well with games like this with new units, weapons, mechanics, enemies, ect.

Kailem

Kailem

If they're taking as much inspiration from XCOM as it seems like they are, you probably will be able to customise your squad that way. That was definitely a cool feature in that game that helped make you feel even more connected to your team.

Stitch

Stitch

Kinda sounds like Gears Aliens: Tactics

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Here's a YouTube link to the Games Showcase.
Gameplay starts at around 9:40

Along with some screenshots that I got:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed