Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes

Started by Keyes, Sep 07, 2012, 02:23:44 PM

Author
Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes (Read 26,441 times)

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 07, 2012, 09:39:06 PM
..and being a design that a lot of people liked... why not?

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 07, 2012, 08:36:49 PM
Get that shit out mah face.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

You have a friend :) congrats ;)

Spoiler
lol
Spoiler
I ran a poll and most people ended up liking it... 70% ish if i remember correctly. the rest hated it. Cant be arsed to dig it out of the forum :P
[close]
[close]

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 09:34:29 PM
The designers on Prometheus seem quite proud and satisfied with the Deacon by contrast :)

QuoteThere was the Deacon, which eventually turned into "that blue thing that comes out of the Engineer" at the end of the film — but Huante's version was very different.

Quote"Ridley Scott really wanted to "keep it real" and avoid anything that looked too overtly monstrous"
I've heard this over and over in private conversations. The designers did their job and created all sort of monstrous creatures. It's not their fault if the director decides not to use them and go a different route.

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 07, 2012, 09:50:15 PM
I ran a poll and most people ended up spewing love..  70% ish if i remember correctly.
A sad portrait of the state of the fandom :P

Blacklabel

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 09:51:30 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 07, 2012, 09:50:15 PM
I ran a poll and most people ended up spewing love..  70% ish if i remember correctly.
A sad portrait of the state of the fandom :P

Cvalda

Blacklabel

he'll have the mutated worms to play with.

Spoiler
that sounds a bit wrong.. hrm.
[close]

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 07, 2012, 09:50:28 PM
QuoteThere was the Deacon, which eventually turned into "that blue thing that comes out of the Engineer" at the end of the film — but Huante's version was very different.

Huante's design hasnt been released into the wilds (er.. the internets), has it?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 07, 2012, 09:50:28 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 09:34:29 PM
The designers on Prometheus seem quite proud and satisfied with the Deacon by contrast :)

Quote"Ridley Scott really wanted to "keep it real" and avoid anything that looked too overtly monstrous"
I've heard this over and over in private conversations. The designers did their job and created all sort of monstrous creatures. It's not their fault if the director decides not to use them and go a different route.
Thanks for the link ikarop!

Stratocaster

This seems to only be available in the US and not in Canada.  ??? That sucks for me! >:(

ikarop

ikarop

QuoteUpdate: We talked to Fox and confirmed that the DHD initiative is not limited to only Ultraviolet. According to the studio when this kicks off September 18th, it will make more than 600 films available across stores including Amazon, CinemaNow, iTunes, PlayStation, VUDU and Xbox. Prometheus is also Fox's first UV title and its first new release under the DHD program, but if you prefer your digital movies in another format, it looks like you'll be able to get them.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/07/fox-dhd-early-movie-sale-ultraviolet-prometheus/

Vudu is listing the length at 124 minutes: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#more_info/351221/Prometheus

BANE

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 07:54:50 PM
Considering the fact that the chestburster scene in Alien is regarded as one of the scariest scenes in cinema history, and the Deacon scene is treated as a punchline in reviews and comments, I'd say the chestburster is a damn sight scarier than the Deacon.
A scene done well with a non-scary creature is still scary. Alone, the chestburster isn't scary. In the context of that iconic scene, it's extremely frightening (metal bar holding it up and all). The Deacon scene seemed quite forced, though not too too bad, and the creature design wasn't bad. It just suffered as a result of the nature of the scene. And side by side, I'd say by itself the Deacon is certainly more menacing.

departedhero20

departedhero20

is the 2 hrs & 39 minutes cut a confirmed or just speculation? i thought Scott said no extended cut for prometheus or he wanted to surprise the fans?

ive just heard around other forums that there wont be an extended cut that those screens are just the theatrical cut including the extras since its an itunes download if true we got our hope's up for no reason with those screens.

Vickers

It was too good to be true. :'(

departedhero20

Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 08, 2012, 10:17:53 AM
It was too good to be true. :'(

:-\yeah i agree with you i just hope somewher along the line a directors cut or extended cut whatever u wanna call it comes out if not that will be a first for Ridleys blurays lol since pretty much every movie he has made has an extended cut lol. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed