Prometheus Writers Audio Commentary Preview

Started by ikarop, Sep 23, 2012, 04:33:02 PM

Author
Prometheus Writers Audio Commentary Preview (Read 72,337 times)

ShadowPred

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 24, 2012, 07:55:50 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 24, 2012, 07:44:55 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Sep 24, 2012, 07:43:35 PM
Different substance. They look different, are contained in different cases and do different things.
Got a link to back that up? They are both black liquid that is drinkable. They both reconfigure the host's DNA.
http://youtu.be/-x1YuvUQFJ0

I'm sorry, but this isn't even reliable at all. Right now I'm watching ( idk why) but the only time it's mentioned that it could be different is in the beginning, and even then it's asking the question if it's the same black good or not.

Local Trouble

Before I watched that video, I didn't even know that the black goo and the sparkly green goo were meant to be different.  Am I mistaken?

Cvalda

Black goo is completely different than green goo. Green goo is what stores/activates/whatever the Engineer's hologram security system.

Dear god this is silly.

Mechafist

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 24, 2012, 07:37:03 PM
Quote from: Mechafist on Sep 24, 2012, 07:33:00 PM
Isn't the Black goo intend to change things instead of destroy them? This is what i understood, the Black goo transform organic things in biomecanical things.
The black oil does that too.

Mind you, this is what happened in the 1998 movie that I mentioned earlier.

It's cliche, but not a bad idea.
Ridley could've done much better use of it and of course he could've done something far more creative.

Oh i haven't watched this season yet  ;D
Am i the only one who likes X-Files here?

Blacklabel

Lindelof references that Shaw is Mulder and Holloway is Scully in the commentary.

Nobody saw that coming. :laugh:

He also says that all the Ridley Scott editing choices were "genius".....

for f**ks sake....

...if he sucks ridley's dick any harder, he'll break his teeth.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 24, 2012, 08:14:41 PM
Black goo is completely different than green goo. Green goo is what stores/activates/whatever the Engineer's hologram security system.

Dear god this is silly.

I thought the sparkly green goo is just what the black goo looked like close up.  Kinda like how red human blood looks black in the dark.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 24, 2012, 07:44:55 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Sep 24, 2012, 07:43:35 PM
Different substance. They look different, are contained in different cases and do different things.
Got a link to back that up? They are both black liquid that is drinkable. They both reconfigure the host's DNA.

Eh, I'm looking at the film now and can clearly see a difference in colour between substances.

One is kept in an ampule surrounded by green liquid.
The other is kept in a ritual pot surrounded by a dissolvable mercury like substance.

One is Black, Gold and Silver (Sacrificial substance).
The other is solid Black (Ampule). We see no trace of silver or gold in this substance or in it's container.

They both reconfigure DNA but one results in Xenomorph type creature hybrids (the worms, Fifield, the hugger, the Deacon) and the other results in the human race. Perhaps they are derived from the same source but it seems clear to me we're dealing with two different substances here. The only connective tissue being that they use similar methods to meet their radically different ends.

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 24, 2012, 08:15:46 PM
...if he sucks ridley's dick any harder, he'll break his teeth.
I'm sure many of the users here will be happy to take his place once his jaw gets tired. :D

ShadowPred

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 24, 2012, 08:12:56 PM
Before I watched that video, I didn't even know that the black goo and the sparkly green goo were meant to be different.  Am I mistaken?

That wasn't even being questioned in the last page. Cvalda said that the Black goo that the Engineer drank in the beginning was the same as the urns/vases that Shaw and co. found inside the "temple."

Cvalda

Quote from: Gazz on Sep 24, 2012, 08:22:01 PM
They both reconfigure DNA but one results in Xenomorph type creature hybrids (the worms, Fifield, the hugger, the Deacon) and the other results in the human race. Perhaps they are derived from the same source but it's clear to me we're dealing with two different substances here. The only connective tissue being that they use similar methods to meet their ends.
So, in other words... they still just do what the writers want them to as an easy plot device. Stuck on a story element whilst writing? "We have a goo for that."

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 24, 2012, 08:27:21 PM
Quote from: Gazz on Sep 24, 2012, 08:22:01 PM
They both reconfigure DNA but one results in Xenomorph type creature hybrids (the worms, Fifield, the hugger, the Deacon) and the other results in the human race. Perhaps they are derived from the same source but it's clear to me we're dealing with two different substances here. The only connective tissue being that they use similar methods to meet their ends.
So, in other words... they still just do what the writers want them to as an easy plot device. Stuck on a story element whilst writing? "We have a goo for that."

The only way I can find a way for it to make sense is that the Black Goo seen in the temple was in its "raw" form, while the one that was used in the opening scene was a more developed black goo that somehow was changed in order to kill someone and have them...create...life...ah f**k it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 24, 2012, 08:27:21 PMSo, in other words... they still just do what the writers want them to as an easy plot device. Stuck on a story element whilst writing? "We have a goo for that."
Splendid!  I can incorporate Engineer goo into my Sulaco egg theory now!

Cvalda

So this is what Alien fandom has been reduced to: debating different kinds of goo.

Thanks, Prometheus.

Local Trouble

I hope Paradise introduces us to a new kind of goo the way Aliens showed us the queen.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I want a goo that makes toast.

Pleeeeeease.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed