Wolf Statue on Yautja Prime

Started by Wweyland, May 21, 2021, 06:05:43 PM

Author
Wolf Statue on Yautja Prime (Read 8,170 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is that a Wolf statue on Yautja Prime or am I seeing things?
Also, is that a really ugly Predator statue on the left?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I guess it could be? What I've gathered is there's four Predator statues and/or carved into the rock but to me they're too indiscernible to identify (if they're even supposed to be discernible.)

Wweyland

Wweyland

From where exactly is the second image from?

I find it interesting that the "Open Matte" version of the movie actually contains more footage on the vertical edges of the screen, but is more narrower.
This version reveals a bit more on the "bottom" of Yautja Prime. I tried to combine these 2 versions roughly here:

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It totally looks like wolf on the right. They probably did it just for fun though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wweyland on May 21, 2021, 07:47:19 PM
From where exactly is the second image from?

Bottom left in the black. Your pic isn't high resolution enough so you can hardly make them out there. Just put your blu-ray in and hit pause.  :)

Wweyland

Wweyland

I actually grabbed mine from the Extended Edition Blu-Ray. That edition might be lower quality or its some kind of image filtering issue.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'll try to get a better shot of it for you tonight. :)

Corporal Hicks

That certainly looks like him! I'm sure it's not intended to actually be Wolf, but rather an asset reuse, but that's pretty cool. I'd never heard of/noticed that before.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2021, 07:55:35 AM
That certainly looks like him! I'm sure it's not intended to actually be Wolf, but rather an asset reuse, but that's pretty cool. I'd never heard of/noticed that before.

You clearly don't watch AvPR enough!  >:(

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 21, 2021, 11:26:58 PM
I'll try to get a better shot of it for you tonight. :)

Here ya go Wweyland!

Maybe it's clearer for me because I'm watching it on a 4K television? I do hope AvPR is re-graded and released in 4K one day though...

Wweyland

Wweyland

Thanks! That is clearer. What's that thing on the extreme left?  Looks like an altar or another statue?

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Wweyland on May 21, 2021, 06:05:43 PM
Is that a Wolf statue on Yautja Prime or am I seeing things?
Also, is that a really ugly Predator statue on the left?
https://i.imgur.com/YptVHyA.jpg

I think you're onto something there. Actually looks like a front-on shot of the berserker's face from Predators. Who knew he was te predator equivalent of Teddy Roosevelt!?! :D

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2021, 07:55:35 AM

I think it is. But like you, I've never noticed them before.  Who can we contact to get a better image of this?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

We might be able to confirm with one of the FX crew that the right carving was intended as Wolf, but image quality wise, I tend to think we won't have a better view until they do a 4K release.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You think they will do a 4K release?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 28, 2021, 03:06:14 PM
You think they will do a 4K release?

If I had to guess, only if they made another AvP film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed