Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh

Started by The Runner, Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM

Author
Moments in AVP:R That Made You Cringe/Laugh (Read 42,645 times)

The Runner

1. "People are dying, we need guns."
2. "The government doesn't lie to people!"
3. The moment Wolf bursts through the hospital roof and an Alien looks at him and literally scurries away on its hands and knees like a preschooler who got caught at the playground past recess time.

The Old One

The Old One

Oh my God.

Quote from: The Runner on Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM
The moment Wolf bursts through the hospital roof and an Alien looks at him and literally scurries away on its hands and knees like a preschooler who got caught at the playground past recess time.

A gif is required. Please. lol

SM

The PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) backhanding the Alien in the sewer.

The PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) siccing the Aliens onto Wolf in the hospital with the over the top 'Kill him my evil minions!' hand gesture.

Pretty much any time the PredAlien (may its name be forever cursed) is on screen.

Oh and the Predator shooting a hole in his own ship.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Apr 06, 2019, 09:23:57 PM
Oh and the Predator shooting a hole in his own ship.

There was a bee.

Spoiler
but I agree, the idea was nonsensical. It would've been much safer to quarantine it on the ship, or park the ship out of view of earth until other predators could arrive to handle the situation covertly. Much easier and safer to clear a ship, than to deal with all the obstacles of the forest and city, not to mention the high probability of a very public outbreak.

The shot that crippled the ship would've made more sense as a stray shot that simply missed the predalien, and blew a hole in something necessary to the ships guidance and flight systems. Thus causing the crash.

The only way it works is to assume that the predator knew his death was imminent, and he did not have time to stop the autopilot by any other means. He simply fired out of necessity. Crash the ship, spare his own planet.
[close]

The Runner

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 06, 2019, 07:55:25 PM
Oh my God.

Quote from: The Runner on Apr 06, 2019, 07:47:42 PM
The moment Wolf bursts through the hospital roof and an Alien looks at him and literally scurries away on its hands and knees like a preschooler who got caught at the playground past recess time.

A gif is required. Please. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et5e4DGlPbQ
10:34

The Old One

The Old One

Lmao, awful.

The Runner

Also, don't forget the laughable overuse of the screeeeeee! from Aliens.

BS: Look guys, this film is so authentic! We gave them the ridge heads and made them SCREEEE a lot.

SM

It's a cool sound effect but WAY over-used.  The sound effects were fan film level.  I'm surprised they didn't use pulse rifle sound effects for the guns.

PsyKore

I was trying to think of some specific parts that stood out for me, but I honestly just came up with too many. I'd say the whole film is a cringe-fest. And at times it's to the point where it's just uncomfortable, especially when it comes to the human characters.

The Old One

The Old One

A boring one, at that.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: PsyKore on Apr 09, 2019, 12:35:53 AM
I was trying to think of some specific parts that stood out for me, but I honestly just came up with too many. I'd say the whole film is a cringe-fest. And at times it's to the point where it's just uncomfortable, especially when it comes to the human characters.

John Ortiz is usually pretty solid. So his presence made a difference for me.

Pasquale did okay honestly. He basically bulldozed through the role, but it worked well enough.

Aylesworth had a few minor cringe moments, but overall wasn't bad. Her characters training and background were made evident, while still keeping her grounded as a mother and human being. She didn't go savage momma like Ripley in 86.

The other characters and performances were low caliber, and made the film feel cheaper than it should've.

I think without the three of them, the cast would've been a total loss.

PsyKore

John Ortiz is good. He's probably the only one that feels like a proper classic actor. He's wasted in this film, though. He would be good with an active role in a proper Alien movie, I think.

SM

To be honest I think a lot of the acting is at least adequate.  Chelah Horsdal as Darcy over acts a bit, but Pasquale, Ortiz, Hager were decent enough.  Aylesworth and Lewis less so but still okay.  They had a pretty rubbish script to work with.

Local Trouble

I see no one has explicitly mentioned the egg-barfing scene yet.  Does that mean it's gained acceptance?

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 10, 2019, 03:55:45 PM
I see no one has explicitly mentioned the egg-barfing scene yet.  Does that mean it's gained acceptance?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed