Its gonna be David Inside the first space jockey from Alien

Started by Inverse Effect, Apr 16, 2021, 06:37:17 AM

Author
Its gonna be David Inside the first space jockey from Alien (Read 7,754 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 16, 2021, 08:37:42 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 16, 2021, 08:07:35 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 16, 2021, 07:21:57 PM
lol

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 16, 2021, 06:54:56 PM
Maybe it'll be Tennessee.  I can't wait for the reveal that the corpse inside the suit was always Kenny Powers.

Who would have thought that the Space Jockey loved whiskey and cowboy hats. :laugh:

He is a pilot after all.  It'll give Ridley a chance to recycle that stupid "I'm a pilot so I can fly anything" trope from every other movie ever made.

Like Anakin Skywalker!  :-X

And Poe Dameron.  And Steve Trevor (that one is particularly stupid).

Nightmare Asylum

BlueMarsalis79

Lmao the ground attached to it.

Huggs

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 16, 2021, 09:02:34 PM
Lmao the ground attached to it.

Shh. It blends in with the mountain perfectly.

Spoiler
It was also the only transparent PNG I could find and I was way too lazy to do any real editing. ;)
[close]

Inverse Effect

Maybe David then find a way to f**k a female human, uses the Black goo? And then maybe we get our first bio mechanical Alien?

I'll go back to what i said, how the suit was fossilized but possibly not the being inside. Or maybe it was a human inside the suit? trying to crash the ship before the alien could burst out? but it didn't work? I still prefer my first theory

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 16, 2021, 02:55:28 PM
If he goes ahead with another I think he might benefit from someone fighting him over stuff like this honestly.

That seems to be the biggest problem with the prequels. He's not being pushed back again.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 16, 2021, 06:30:01 PM
I didn't even know AvPG was that old.  Wasn't Hicks just a teenager back then?

AvPG has been around since 2002. Darkness closed the site in 2004 after AvP. I wasn't working on AvPG at the time, I used to run my own website, but we were all friends. I think I quit out around 05 when the AICN review of AvPR came out. Then Darkness brought the website back towards the end of 2008, I joined up with him then.

Evanus

I remember Scott specifically saying we'll learn who's in the suit in the end, in some interview. Dunno if he'd actually put David in there, but I doubt we'll ever know anyway.

I don't think Scott's interested in doing another film that focuses on horror/suspense with lots of aliens. He was trying to slowly move away from that. He said he'd do like 5 more if he had the chance, probably focusing more on David/AI, before connecting to the original.
So I don't see him being interesting in doing a more straightforward final prequel, unless they allow him to explore new things a la Prometheus. I think that might be why they're taking so long to figure things out.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 17, 2021, 09:41:45 AM
AvPG has been around since 2002. Darkness closed the site in 2004 after AvP.

Why did he close the site though?  Did he dislike AvP that much?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I can kind of understand if it was AVP:R. That would make anyone want to quit the fandom.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 16, 2021, 02:41:53 PM
Ridley's gonna riddle. I say, if he gets to make another one, just let him do what he wants. Someone will be along to retcon it afterwards, anyways.

"They want David-Jockeys, I'll give them f*cking David-Jockeys!"

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 17, 2021, 09:15:20 PM
I can kind of understand if it was AVP:R. That would make anyone want to quit the fandom.

AVP stuff can't make one want to quit the fandom if they view AVP stuff as a totally separate fandom. ;)

Immortan Jonesy

So let's say David is the Space Jockey. If that even happen, the site is going to be closed?

Local Trouble

It would be complete and total bedlam here.

I can't wait.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

According to my sources, Hicks is going out to buy cigarettes if that day arrives.

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 17, 2021, 08:53:11 PM
I remember Scott specifically saying we'll learn who's in the suit in the end, in some interview. Dunno if he'd actually put David in there, but I doubt we'll ever know anyway.

I don't think Scott's interested in doing another film that focuses on horror/suspense with lots of aliens. He was trying to slowly move away from that. He said he'd do like 5 more if he had the chance, probably focusing more on David/AI, before connecting to the original.
So I don't see him being interesting in doing a more straightforward final prequel, unless they allow him to explore new things a la Prometheus. I think that might be why they're taking so long to figure things out.

I'm not saying a last prequel is impossible, but the upcoming Fire Team game has made it clear that new foreruners are willing to consider prequel elements without the need to tell David's story.

Local Trouble

Because of this?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 21, 2008, 10:40:43 PM
I smoke when I'm absolutely shit-faced. Social-smoking, so it's called. Nothing overly social about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed