ALIENS May 2009 (More Than Human)

Started by vikingspawn, Jan 07, 2009, 01:04:33 PM

Author
ALIENS May 2009 (More Than Human) (Read 64,909 times)

SM

SM

QuoteBrings me back to the days of when I was a young'n and actively hunted said comics.  I don't know if I'll buy the individual issues or if I'll get it all in tpb form when its released.

Same.  Though to be honest, I can't say I'm terribly excited about new comics.  The last time I was really excited about an Aliens comic was when I saw some advance artwork from Den Beauvais

That was 19 years ago.

Actually tell a lie; I dug on Killian Plunket's work too.  That was only about 15 years ago.

All the later comics left me pretty flat.  I bought them hoping they'd be good, but they inevitably ended up being 'someone - usually a mad scientist - tries to control/ exploit Aliens and things go awry' and were ultimately disappointing.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Anyone else see a resemblance to Venom with the lead Alien?

SM

SM

Not till you mentioned it.  But yes the white shading on the head seems fairly deliberate.

Mind you, Venom always looked like an Alien ripoff to me anyway.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

QuoteI bought them hoping they'd be good, but they inevitably ended up being 'someone - usually a mad scientist - tries to control/ exploit Aliens and things go awry' and were ultimately disappointing.

This.

And of course the whole "uncolonized planet rich with resources... OH SHIT XENOMORPHS EVERYWHERE!"

I would like some original stories, maybe something that uses that alien as a character and less like a plot device.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Personally I always thought they missed their biggest Aliens style story.

The takeover of earth was only relegated to background story.  I'd have liked to see survivors trying to make it off planet before it was to late while everything fell apart around them.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 13, 2009, 05:49:35 AM
Personally I always thought they missed their biggest Aliens style story.

The takeover of earth was only relegated to background story.  I'd have liked to see survivors trying to make it off planet before it was to late while everything fell apart around them.

Good point, the Earth Hive, Nightmare Asylum and Female Wars comics had some great earth stuff, but only hinted at the take over. Then they skipped over the retaking of earth entirely and went on to just say they have been used for pharmacies and such.

SM

SM

There was no real retaking of Earth.  Nearly all the Aliens were wiped out by Ripley's bombs.  Then they decided that wasn't such a good idea to redid so there were still pockets of Aliens on Earth for years and years afterwards.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Sorry, by retaking I mean the wiping out of said pockets.  I think that would be a cool storyline, and less depressing considering the outcome.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: SM on Jan 13, 2009, 12:57:41 AM

That was 19 years ago.

Actually tell a lie; I dug on Killian Plunket's work too.  That was only about 15 years ago.

d00d, ur oldz

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I like this idea of all the ancient ruins and everything. To say the least, I'm eager to read it. Then if it sucks I'll be gutted.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

ALIENS makes the front cover to the Feb. 2009 Previews catalog (out this Wednesday):

http://previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=2&m=1&c=6&s=43

;D

happypred

happypred

my mouth begins to froth

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Bring it on!

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

Aliens got a blurb/mention on the Dark Horse newsletter section of the site today:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Newsletter/Current?qt=dhnl125tb

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliens is back! In 1988, Dark Horse Comics revolutionized the industry with the release of Aliens #1--a series based on the James Cameron-directed Fox science-fiction blockbuster. The response was so tremendous that the inaugural issue was reprinted six times to fulfill the voracious demand, and Aliens went on to become a cornerstone of the Dark Horse line. Fast forward to May of 2009--Aliens #1 will hit comic-shop shelves once again! Written by John Arcudi (B.P.R.D.) and penciled by Zach Howard (Shaun of the Dead), the new story tells the tale of a group of planetary prospectors who discover untold treasures . . . and an ancient, primal horror! Aliens #1 is the first act in the relaunch of all three classic Dark Horse/Fox comics series (Aliens, Predator, and Aliens vs. Predator). The release of Aliens #1 will coincide with the thirtieth anniversary of the Ridley Scott-helmed film masterpiece, Alien, and will be preceded by an Aliens/Predator special for Free Comic Book Day!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

;D

vikingspawn

New article on the whole comic line is up at Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090219-aliens-predator-dark-horse.html

Preview pages for the upcoming Free Comic Book Day book!

Dark Horse's new Aliens series starts in May 2009, Predator in June, and AVP in late 2009/early 2010.

Awesome!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed