Chappie

Started by ace3g, Feb 21, 2013, 11:08:34 PM

Author
Chappie (Read 72,479 times)

ace3g

ace3g

The new project, as we've known, is Chappie, a sci-fi comedy. Blomkamp told The Province (via The Playlist) that he's starting to prep the movie now, and that he'll shoot it in Johannesburg, and do post-production in Vancouver.

The Chappie script was written by Blomkamp and his wife and District 9 co-writer Terri Tatchell. Media Rights Capital is financing the film, as it did with Elysium. We don't know much more about the project, but when speaking about the possibility of Chappie following Elysium, Blomkamp said last summer,

I wrote Elysium on my own, but I wrote Chappie with [District 9 co-writer] Terri [Tatchell], that was written at the same time. It's like a fundamentally more simple story, a comedy, a heartfelt story, in a science fiction setting. And it's f**king hilarious, it's a really cool film. I can say that with confidence... It's a smaller film, a more esoteric one.

http://www.slashfilm.com/neill-blomkamp-begins-early-work-on-his-third-film-chappie/

scarhunter92

Take my money.

Aspie

District 9 sequel or I'm boycotting.

Cal427eb

scarhunter92

Quote from: Aspie on Feb 21, 2013, 11:29:17 PM

He's going Del Toro (Hellboy 3) on us.

Aspie

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Feb 21, 2013, 11:31:49 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Feb 21, 2013, 11:29:17 PM

He's going Del Toro (Hellboy 3) on us.
God. Damn. It.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm intrigued.

ShadowPred

This sounds interesting.

SpaceMarines

Gilfryd

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Feb 21, 2013, 11:31:49 PMHe's going Del Toro (Hellboy 3) on us.

He wants to make it it's just a matter of financing.

LarsVader

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I loved those virals back when I first saw them.

Maybe it's a dark sci-fi comedy?

orchidal

orchidal

^it better be

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 31, 2013, 10:10:43 AM
I loved those virals back when I first saw them.

Maybe it's a dark sci-fi comedy?
One can only hope.

Well, as opposed to played straight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed