Chappie

Started by ace3g, Feb 21, 2013, 11:08:34 PM

Author
Chappie (Read 72,121 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'm very curious for how the mutant thing fits into all of it.

Aspie

Quote from: Omegazilla on Sep 28, 2013, 09:57:25 PM
I'm very curious for how the mutant thing fits into all of it.

exactly what I was thinking.

The hype...it is building....

ace3g

SpaceMarines

Fantastic.

Blacklabel

Sigourney + Die Antwoord on the same film

This is next level!  :laugh:

Alienseseses

The cast on this thing is magnificient.

Nightmare Asylum

Gilfryd

Wonder if she does more than in Paul and Cabin in the Woods...

Vickers

So they're filming in South Africa at the moment and a friend of mine just went for a random walk and walked onto the set. He had to leave but he did snap a quick photo and managed to see a little of what they were filming.

There was a Mercedes that was hit with a wrench by a guy who my friend thinks is a villain. Sharlto punched this guy and he went flying (there was a crane with a wire attached for this stunt).

I don't want to take the photo from my friend's Facebook page and post it here. There's not much to be seen except a lot of crew standing around and the crane. And then there's a guy in what seems to be a black cape but I can't really make that part out too well.

Nightmare Asylum

Very cool. Does it look like it is going to have a similar visual style as District 9 and Elysium?

Also, I'm gonna guess your friend wasn't lucky enough to stumble on set on one of Sigourney Weaver's days :D

Rong

The Villain is this guy vickers

Dat ninja

Vickers

Quote from: Rong on Dec 03, 2013, 06:35:25 PM
The Villain is this guy vickers

Dat ninja

:laugh:

Die Antwoord is certainly the most interesting casting I've seen for a movie in some time.

But apparently it could have just been a common criminal hitting the Mercedes with a wrench (which makes a bit more sense). I'm still trying to figure out who that mysterious caped person is that was in the photograph.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 03, 2013, 04:48:18 PM
Very cool. Does it look like it is going to have a similar visual style as District 9 and Elysium?

Also, I'm gonna guess your friend wasn't lucky enough to stumble on set on one of Sigourney Weaver's days :D

It's difficult to tell from the set photo because it wasn't a huge set piece. It was just taking place on a road near what appears to be a residential area. Honestly, from just that single set photo, it looks like it fits comfortably in between District 9 and Elysium. Not as gritty and run down as District 9 and not as lush as Elysium. But it's early yet and that could change.

All I know is Chappie is kidnapped (and possibly raised?) by 2 criminals as a baby. Chappie has supernatural abilities and is also a robot.

And here's a photo of Die Antwoord's Yolandi Visser in her trailer:

ShadowPred

HNNNNG!

ace3g

Hugh Jackman Sports A Mullet For His Role In Neill Blomkamp's CHAPPIE

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=92646#IIAzjKPcQioJKuXM.99

Vickers

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 09, 2014, 06:59:07 AM
Hugh Jackman Sports A Mullet For His Role In Neill Blomkamp's CHAPPIE

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=92646#IIAzjKPcQioJKuXM.99

I still would.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed