Legend of Zelda (Netflix Series)

Started by MudButt, Feb 06, 2015, 10:20:33 PM

Author
Legend of Zelda (Netflix Series) (Read 1,829 times)

MudButt

MudButt

QuoteThe Wall Street Journal reports that Netflix are looking to develop a live-action TV series based on The Legend Of Zelda video games. According to them, the idea is to produce a more family-orientated version of Game Of Thrones. Writers are currently being sought, and though Nintendo are on board, it's all said to be the very early stages.

There can't be many people that haven't heard of Zelda, but for the uninitiated the games are set in the fictional land of Hyrule, and tell the story of an adventurer named Link (who looks a lot like an Elf but is actually a member of the Hylian race) as he attempts to rescue Princess Zelda from the clutches of the evil wizard, Ganon. The games have spawned everything from comics, to toys, to a short lives animated series, and Zelda is one of the most popular, revered properties out there. What do you think of this news?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=114919

I am in.

Nightmare Asylum

huh

Tangakkai

Wow... that's darned difficult to pull off. If it works, it would be amazing. But I always thought it's impossible to write a story that would fit a cinematic narrative.

xeno-kaname

Feels weird to me.

KiramidHead

I am so in. The story is so loose that all they have to do is get the basic elements together and craft their own narrative around it. I trust Netflix. As long as Nintendo doesn't do what Capcom did with the 90s Street Fighter and insist that every single character be included, there's no reason this wouldn't work.

Tangakkai

Erm... there are quite a few reason's this couldn't work. Casting link is probably the most unthankful job a casting-executive could face. Also Zelda is so heavy on the fantasy, it could easily turn into something cheesy.

They have to treat this franchise very delicate and build a solid world for it to work.

King Rathalos

hyrule warriors live action pls

Magegg

Magegg

And don't forget Link is one of the most boring protagonists ever.

This could work as an adventure movie, but let's admit the story has been nothing but a pretext for the game, there's not much of a plot and little relationship between support characters.

Right now they're announcing it as a "kind of Game of Thrones"? I cannot but predict this will be an over-written mess. Let's better let the game stay a game.

T Dog

T Dog

Charles Dance for Gannondorf!!!

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 07, 2015, 06:30:12 PM
Charles Dance for Gannondorf!!!
OK, I'm suddenly sold D:

KiramidHead

Quote from: Tangakkai on Feb 07, 2015, 04:56:00 PM
Erm... there are quite a few reason's this couldn't work. Casting link is probably the most unthankful job a casting-executive could face. Also Zelda is so heavy on the fantasy, it could easily turn into something cheesy.

They have to treat this franchise very delicate and build a solid world for it to work.

Sure, and Lord of the Rings was completely unfilmable. :P

I agree about casting Link, to an extent. They'd have to find a really good child/teen actor to carry the movie, depending on what version they draw from. And to be completely and utterly honest, I'd be perfectly okay with Link talking. I don't see why that is such a big deal for some people.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I rather see a live action movie instead. This could work as long if Link does not talk.

KiramidHead

Even though it's implied that he talks in the games...

Local Trouble

Will he be mute Link from the games or 80s cartoon Link?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed