The Dark Knight Trilogy

Started by Sci, May 13, 2007, 09:19:38 AM

Author
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Read 2,592,898 times)

fluxcap

fluxcap

Well said Celticpred, well said. I look back and my only gripe was the action scenes, they were just too many cuts. Only when I got the dvd I could rewind the scenes to get a sense of what was actually happening and who was hitting who cause everyone wore black. Also those those forced humor scenes were shudder inducing, like all those dumb cops reacting to the batmobile during the chase.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: CELTICPRED on May 20, 2007, 09:03:50 PM
The hour of Bruce's backstory was well done.

1. It showed you his Batman's origins, something which most comic book movies take an entire movie to establish.

2. It gave you backstory as to why Bruce leaves Gotham in the first place.

3. It allows the development of Falcone.

4. It allows for the development of Ra's Al Ghul, and his eventual motivation to return to Gotham.

The Scarecrow was well done. Cillian Murphy played him almost perfectly. Incredibly intelligent, who has a far too dark and deep understanding of the human mind.

His mask did what it was meant to do, a gas mask. Did you honestly want to see him walking around with straw and hay stuck in his clothes like the old comics, even if it was just fabric?

Murphy was nothing but superb as Scarecrow.

The tumbler was a great Batmobile, I don't know if you were paying attention, but this Batman was going for nothing but realistic, and it did a great job doing so. 

Did you honestly want to see the old Batmobile from Batman 89??  It wouldn't fit the movie.

Ra's was an incredible villain. They gave him some of the best lines in the movie. He was meant to be a parallel to Batman. He had a loved one stolen, he had the same training, but their ultimate goals were different.

There wasn't anything wrong with the batsuit, he was meant to be stealthy, and that's what he was. The only gripe I had about it was the smaller ears, but that wasn't a problem.

This movie is the best comic book movie, and a damn good candidate for one of the best of the last 30 years.

There is nothing but strong acting, great effects, great dialogue, and a great storyline.

I just wanted to see the scarescrow with at least a different costume besides a damn business suit.

The batmobile...ok i know that it is supposed to be made to be realistic, but that Uber fast sherman tank that has no problem getting on top buildings and going over rooftops...i  just didn't like it, and no i did not want to see something like the oldschool batmobile, but at least not look like the damn tank that it looked like.

Yes i agree with that most movies do take forever to give you a backstory to the character/s (Fantastic Four)
But i just didn't feel that it was any good enough...or i guess it's because i just wanted to see Bruce Wayne as Batman, i don't know but i just didn't like it.

Ra's al gul, was not used right in that movie. I didn't like that Ken Watanabe was not the real one...(If i remember right) That's what really pissed me off about this move. Unless he became young or something...if that's the case then i retract the negativeness about him.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

the joker image has been removed from www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com and has been replaced with page not found in red lettering

but if you highlight the page it will show a bunch of hahahahahaha's

therre seems to be a bucnh of letters in the hahaha's

these are the ones i managed to find

s e y u i n d e c e b e   Obviousley it means    see you in december so i'm guessing that we'll see a trailer maybe or a promotional vid, who knows.

UPDATE

It seems that the same guys who created ilovebees.com is involved in this and the website http://www.seeyouindecember.com/ has just been registered...so let's see if anything happens

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Watanabe was, quote " a cheap parlor trick to disguise your true identity Ra's".

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

So he was a double that was equal to him? Nice

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I loved Batman Begins and I can't wait for The Dark Knight. I also love this viral marketing they are doing for the Joker. It's genius . It's like one, big joke done by the Joker himself.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Exactly, my dad is all telling me why i was sitting there looking at a bunch of HAHAHAhhahHa's and i'm telling "Because i'm trying to figure out what the damn Joker left for us to decipher!" ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Damnit you beat me to it.

Loving the big red smile and black eyes.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Damn, i just can't wait nearly another year for this movie...damn!!

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Where did you get the images for your sig ShadowPred?

EDIT: Found it.  ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Here are higher rez photos

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Aye.....you got some broken links there matey.

Saw them on Superherohype.

Can't really tell/see anything new.  Just more teasifying.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

well they show up on my comp. i'll just post a link for those that can't see it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20736

x-M-x

x-M-x

Saw these a while ago on IMDB, looks like teh g00ns are getting ready to get some Ca$h LoL :P

x-M-x

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed