The Dark Knight Trilogy

Started by Sci, May 13, 2007, 09:19:38 AM

Author
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Read 2,591,459 times)

Sci

Sci

http://thedarkknight.warnerbros.com/

Nothing is on there but a promotional image of the Batman symbol partially shattering.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

I cannot wait for this film to come out.

fluxcap

fluxcap

That looks slick already, glad they are keeping that same bat graphic opposed to all that bastardization they did with the bat-sign for Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

x-M-x

x-M-x

http://one.revver.com/watch/247845/flv/affiliate/83874

Posted that over at AXP, might as well post here eh?  :o

There's some footage of the joker's g00ns at 1:11

x-M-x

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Damn, I was gonna post a thread for this a couple days ago.

Very excited, I was going to make a run to Chicago for a casting call, but decided not to.

Friend of mine did though.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

The Joker believes in Harvey Dent too!!

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

This is all part of a viral campaign.

Every few moments, a pixel would be removed, and once there were enough removed, you saw the outline of a face and red mouth, like a clown.

This is what it looks like when it's nearly all uncovered:

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

AND HERE HE IS:::::

fluxcap

fluxcap

That reminded me of Misfits logo. That scarring around his mouth is awesome. Kinda like Ichi The Killer.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

If that's how the Joker looks like, then this movie will be better than what i thought was a crap movie: Batman Begins.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

How is Batman Begins crap?

It is THE BEST comic book movie so far.  In my opinion.

fluxcap

fluxcap

I share your hatred towards Ghost Rider ShadowPred, but Batman Begins crap?
Quote from: CELTICPRED on May 20, 2007, 06:50:48 AM
It is THE BEST comic book movie so far.

You have to admit though, the score to Batman Begins is divine.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well i just didn't like it...it wasn't my kind of batman movie...things that i didn't like was that the whole movie spent an hour to show how batman is stealthlike and then they show that he trained as a ninja...awesome, but an hour of that is too much. Scarecrow..."sigh" when i heard that he was going to show up, you can imagine i was going crazy, then i see the actual scarecrow in the movie, and it was crap...seriously a potato bag for a "costume" is not scary or in lack for a better word cool...and then he throw mashed potato mix at Katie Holmes and i'm sitting there going...this is what people got excited for? Then Qui-gon Jin goes evil and he becomes the crappiest villiam in the movie along with...the rest of the damn villians...and then...the..."Batmoblie" that fast moving sherman tank was the dumbest load of horse$#!t i have ever seen in a movie, then it goes on the rooftps, the hell?! Alfred...got Micheal Caine is a cool actor but i just didn't buy him as alfred (not hating him as alfred though) The only good thing was that they at least changed the Batman costume a bit so that it wouldn't look like the same person (Micheal Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney all looked like the same person in the suit) but they still managed to make him look ridiculous.

But hopefully the Joker looks exactly like my avatar, this is the only thing that is getting me excited to seeing the movie, at first i though that Heath Ledger was a dumb choice and that it was going to be worse than Batman Begins, i guees not after seeing the promotion image....

Now Aaron Eackhart (i think it's spelled correctly?) I thought, not another guy who just doesn't look like as if he would be good as Two-Face, but seeing the Joker i am now having second thoughts...so good luck with this movie

And if the rumors are tru...thank god they blow up the sherman tank.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

I saw the post about that Joker site on BOF just as it has opened up. Man I was happy. He doesn't except hotmail though.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

The hour of Bruce's backstory was well done.

1. It showed you his Batman's origins, something which most comic book movies take an entire movie to establish.

2. It gave you backstory as to why Bruce leaves Gotham in the first place.

3. It allows the development of Falcone.

4. It allows for the development of Ra's Al Ghul, and his eventual motivation to return to Gotham.

The Scarecrow was well done. Cillian Murphy played him almost perfectly. Incredibly intelligent, who has a far too dark and deep understanding of the human mind.

His mask did what it was meant to do, a gas mask. Did you honestly want to see him walking around with straw and hay stuck in his clothes like the old comics, even if it was just fabric?

Murphy was nothing but superb as Scarecrow.

The tumbler was a great Batmobile, I don't know if you were paying attention, but this Batman was going for nothing but realistic, and it did a great job doing so. 

Did you honestly want to see the old Batmobile from Batman 89??  It wouldn't fit the movie.

Ra's was an incredible villain. They gave him some of the best lines in the movie. He was meant to be a parallel to Batman. He had a loved one stolen, he had the same training, but their ultimate goals were different.

There wasn't anything wrong with the batsuit, he was meant to be stealthy, and that's what he was. The only gripe I had about it was the smaller ears, but that wasn't a problem.

This movie is the best comic book movie, and a damn good candidate for one of the best of the last 30 years.

There is nothing but strong acting, great effects, great dialogue, and a great storyline.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed