Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 77,330 times)

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 17, 2016, 06:13:18 AM
Looking at the hands, suggest that this isn't a human disguised as a Predator.

You mean the pointy thumb?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Comics Pro 2016 is going on now, and Randy has apparently taken the stage to talk about upcoming Alien and Predator comics:
QuoteVP of Publishing @Randy_Stradley takes the stage to talk about #AliensDay, the 30th Anniversary of Aliens! #ComicsPRO2016
https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/status/700381160157786112

Should get some good info today.

New Prometheus: L&D variant cover:
https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/status/700382404842643456
Spoiler
[close]

Some more Defiance interiors:
https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/status/700382832179326976
Spoiler
[close]

426Buddy

Defiance looking great! Thats quite a strange pic of the pregnant jockey

Corporal Hicks

Gah. Is Defiance out yet?!

Quote from: 420Buddy on Feb 18, 2016, 06:41:16 PM
Defiance looking great! Thats quite a strange pic of the pregnant jockey

It reminds me of some strange art you'd have seen before Prometheus.

The Alien Predator

I wonder what that pregnant Jockey picture is implying.

Could it be a symbolic message about Engineers being bringers of life? Or could that Jockey looking thing merely be a birthing chamber housing a baby Engineer?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 18, 2016, 10:58:24 PM
I wonder what that pregnant Jockey picture is implying.

Could it be a symbolic message about Engineers being bringers of life?

I'm imagine it's something along this vein.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Yeah, it's probably symbolic of the Engineers being the creators of mankind. It's definitely the variant I'm ordering, unless an even cooler one comes around.

Hopefully this time around the story focuses more on the mysteries of the Prometheus side of things, rather than Engineers pummeling people. Not that that can't be part of the story, but it would be neat if they explored some aspects of the Engineers terraforming (Tartarus and LV-223 are both jungle worlds, so maybe we're seeing a pattern of what type of atmosphere the Engineers prefer) or had one of them interact non-violently toward the human characters.

Corporal Hicks

I'd definitely like to see more expansion and explanation about the Engineers. Or just pick a potential new direction and go explore it.

Ultramorph

Tomorrow is In-Store Comic Con, and Randy Stradley will be speaking. Last year was when he first told us that DH was working on a Fire and Stone sequel, so maybe we'll get a nugget or two of info about what's ahead for Life and Death. The solicitation for Prometheus #1 maybe?

http://conventionkickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Program-Full-V8.pdf

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

We have our June 2016 solicitations, and they're a doozy!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/hellboy-in-hell-finale-prometheus-dark-horse-june-2016-solicitations

Aliens: Defiance #3
Spoiler
Riccardo Burchielli fills in on art duties.
QuoteAliens: Defiance #3
Brian Wood (W), Riccardo Burchielli (A), Dan Jackson (C), and Massimo Carnevale (Cover)
On sale June 29
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing
Mutiny aboard the Europa. After accessing a Weyland-Yutani network buoy which reprograms their directives, several Davis synthetics seek to take down the mysterious Davis 01 unit and take the ship back to Earth. Colonial Marine Zula Hendricks and Davis 01 must survive an organized tactical assault in deep space.
• Brian Wood brings his sharp storytelling to Aliens.
[close]

The Dark Horse Comics/DC: Superman TP
Spoiler

QuoteChuck Dixon (W), Dan Jurgens (W), Kevin Nowlan (A/Cover), Carlos Meglia (A), Jon Bogdanove (P/Cover), Mike Allred (P), Dave Stewart (C), Greg Wright (C), Laura Allred (C)
On sale Aug 3
FC, 416 pages
$24.99
TP, 7" x 10"
In the first ever collection of the DC/Dark Horse Superman crossover stories, the Man of Steel faces the universe's deadliest foe, but is he truly strong enough to defeat the xenomorph? Follow the Last Son of Krypton through the world of Madman and explore the jungles of East Africa with him alongside Tarzan, son of the jungle. Collects Superman vs. Aliens Volume 1, Superman vs. Aliens Volume 2: God War, Superman/Tarzan: Sons of the Jungle, and The Superman/Madman Hullabaloo.
• Over 400 pages of material contains four full Superman arcs from Dan Jurgens, Chuck Dixon, and Mike Allred, original covers, and pinup and sketchbook art from the original creative teams.
• In this 30th-anniversary year of Aliens, fans can rediscover the Man of Steel combating the xenomorph -- for the first time since 2002.
[close]

Predator: Life and Death #4
Spoiler
QuoteThe conclusion of the first Life and Death story arc!
Predator: Life and Death #4 (of 4)
Dan Abnett (W), Brian Albert Thies (A), Rain Beredo (C), and David Palumbo (Cover)
On sale June 1
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
The battle between the Colonial Marines and the Predators opens on two fronts as the humans attempt to split the enemy's force and take possession of the mysterious horseshoe-shaped alien spaceship! Getting their hands on the alien technology will be a huge victory for the humans... or will it?
[close]

Prometheus: Life and Death #1
Spoiler
A Dave Dorman variant cover!

QuoteRidley Scott's monster gods!
Prometheus: Life and Death #1 (of 4)
Dan Abnett (W), Andrea Mutti (A), Rain Beredo (C), David Palumbo (Cover), Sachin Teng (Variant cover), and Dave Dorman (30th anniversary variant cover)
On sale June 8
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
Colonial Marines have commandeered a mysterious alien ship -- wresting it from the savage Predators who also wanted it. But now the owner of the vessel has awakened, and the marines find themselves trapped in space with an angry god!
• Chapter two of the Life and Death story cycle!
[close]

HuDaFuK

That Dorman Prometheus variant is f*cking sweet, excuse my French.

Judging by the layout it's another of those 30th anniversary jobbies designed to mimic Dark Horse Presents.

Interesting as well how the résumé paints the series as
Spoiler
a direct sequel to the Predator one.
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'm definitely getting that Dorman variant.

I like how Prometheus #1 comes out just a week after Predator #4. I was dreading a month-long wait between series.

Also, based on that summary
Spoiler
I'm guessing that the Engineer ends up flying them to LV-223, hence the "intersection" between this and Fire and Stone.
[close]

Also also, started looking into Andrea Mutti, who is doing the art for Prometheus: L&D, and starting to find a bit.
Spoiler

Corporal Hicks

Holy shit! That Dorman piece is simply gorgeous! That is just fantastic. I need to make sure I get a copy of that variant!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Dorman cover is amazing, I can't wait to see the other covers. Good time to be back into the comics thats for sure.

Man that is a sweet Dorman cover for prometheus, all the details on the engineer are glorious.

Ultramorph

Interesting to note that Rain Beredo is doing the colors for Prometheus: L&D, too. So each series will have different art, but a consistent color palette, it seems.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed