Aliens Turn In Fortnite Now?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 24, 2021, 03:13:33 PM

Author
Aliens Turn In Fortnite Now? (Read 9,908 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

So, Ripley had to retreat from the hive and abandon Newt?  :o

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 26, 2021, 07:33:06 AM
They forgot the pulse rifle though.
I doubt those assets will go unused, we can expect an Aliens event down the line, maybe even a Queen boss

Quote from: Drukathi on Feb 26, 2021, 08:05:27 AM
So, Ripley had to retreat from the hive and abandon Newt?  :o
Seems to be an alternate timeline, there was a reality log that came 2 days ago from Jonesy (the blonde Fortnite guy), and it said he joined the Nostromo crew, seeing how the Jonesy cat is involved and he is a Colonial Marine in the trailer, seems like he messed with the timeline alot, just like how when he was looking for other Hunters the Predator from the first Pred movie followed him, lmao.

Got some prints I took

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 26, 2021, 06:39:13 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 26, 2021, 06:37:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFNeG0F2nDk

That announcement trailer is pretty cool.
Best piece of Alien content we got since 2014

Lmao f**k off honestly

(Slightly mean but c'mon)

Corporal Hicks

Tis a slight bit hyperbolic.

EpicGamer

EpicGamer

As an epic gamer I feel I have the legal obligation to say that fortnite is the LAST place to want alien. The game is a bunch of 9 year olds raging over a game nobody plays anymore. They're also gonna be like "ItS tHe AlIeN fRoM fOrTnItE"

SuperiorIronman

While Fortnite would've been the last place I'd expect this to happen it's not the worst thing. People become fans a myriad of different ways. Some people come from the toys, comics, novels, or games. Not everyone comes from the movies due to how niche they are and how irregularly they come out. If Fortnite is somebodies introduction to Alien or Predator then so be it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: EpicGamer on Feb 26, 2021, 12:31:55 PM
As an epic gamer I feel I have the legal obligation to say that fortnite is the LAST place to want alien. The game is a bunch of 9 year olds raging over a game nobody plays anymore. They're also gonna be like "ItS tHe AlIeN fRoM fOrTnItE"

I would check YouTube. Adults o' plenty are playing this game too and seem to be having a blast with it. I was late to the party myself, jumped in for a Predator check out, yet came out enjoying the battle royal solo matches.

And I would dial back just a bit on that nobody plays it anymore angle.  :) You'll still find it sitting pretty.

https://www.gamesradar.com/how-many-people-play-fortnite/

https://gamerant.com/fortnite-most-played-game-ever/

For me, I like the exposure it brings Predator and Alien. I see this as only a good thing.  :)

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 26, 2021, 07:33:06 AM
They forgot the pulse rifle though.

I felt this way even more about the Predator's plasma caster!

I didn't have time to play them but I purchased the Alien & Ripley skins/"outfits" and took a quick look, and I must say I'm pretty happy with them!  :)

Purebreedalien

I don't play Fortnite myself but looking at the comments on the AvPGalaxy Facebook page and in the AvPG Facebook group you'd have thought that Disney jettisoned the franchise out of the airlock  ::)

I bet half of the franchise fans saw these movies when they were the same age as some of the Fortnite kids they seem to hate and they grew up fine (besides the aggressively hating children part)! I saw AvP when I was 11 and got really into the franchise because the monster designs were so cool - then I crashed onto these boards at a probably too young age.

If even one person sees Alien and Predator in Fortnite then decides to read Marvel's new comics or get into the movies and give the franchise more love and money then I consider it a complete win. Nothing bad can come from this at all in my book.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Feb 26, 2021, 02:44:48 PM
I don't play Fortnite myself but looking at the comments on the AvPGalaxy Facebook page and in the AvPG Facebook group you'd have thought that Disney jettisoned the franchise out of the airlock  ::)

I wonder if some of them are demanding high budget Alien ~ Predator movies / series  :laugh:

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

@ Purebreedalien

I don't think anyone is really losing any sleep over it lol, taking an iconic horror character and a creature that's an allegory to male rape and throwing it in some bubble gum video game made for kids, and then making a big deal out of it is just really goofy.I don't think I've seen any comments here indicating that anybody hates kids, the complaints are against the fortnite platform turning xenomorphs into dancing pricks with pinata chest burster llamas

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 26, 2021, 04:23:34 PM
I don't think anyone is really losing any sleep over it lol, taking an iconic horror character and a creature that's an allegory to male rape and throwing it in some bubble gum video game made for kids, and then making a big deal out of it is just really goofy.

From my pov, the masses don't see this allegory, hence why something like this is possible.

Quoteturning xenomorphs into dancing pricks

:laugh:

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

@voodoo

The main goal of gentrification is appeal to the masses. I mean I hope this peaks interest for a lot of kids and they end up exploring alien and predator, sure. I just watched a video of someone playing wearing the alien skin, carrying a giant popsicle hopping around a forest while the YouTube gamer shouts "omg omg this is so cool" haha, fortnite is the Minecraft of multiplayer shooters and It's easy to see why most AVP Galaxy fans don't get off to it.

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 26, 2021, 04:23:34 PM
@ Purebreedalien

I don't think anyone is really losing any sleep over it lol, taking an iconic horror character and a creature that's an allegory to male rape and throwing it in some bubble gum video game made for kids, and then making a big deal out of it is just really goofy.I don't think I've seen any comments here indicating that anybody hates kids, the complaints are against the fortnite platform turning xenomorphs into dancing pricks with pinata chest burster llamas

These forums are more grown up than the Facebook comment sections, it's the Facebook folk who are definitely kicking up a fuss about it & complaining that it's too "kiddified"!

All I'll ask: is a dancing Xenomorph really anything new when for 30 years we've seen Predators dancing in the the behind the scenes of Predator 2? They're going back to their roots ;)

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

@Purebreedalien

Ah, that explains it. Facebook is generally atrocious anyways, I've had mine deactivated for about 6 months now. I don't think I was super active on AVP Galaxy, but I was on Alien gateway station (whatever it was called) and there was some cool stuff on there sometimes, but it mostly seemed like alien fans perpetually shitting on eachother lol. I still have insta, and this forum is pretty cool.

Don't get me wrong, aliens dancing in the correct context is pure jubilation, and maybe if fortnite had created alien and predator characters that had relative abilities and controls, or made them computer AI and actually act like aliens and predators instead of just being skins, they would be more appealing. Fortnite dancing is considerably less hypnotic than lost tribe dancing

razeak

razeak

It's a fun skin in a fun video game. Why cry about it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed