NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,093 times)

Predwars24

Predwars24

I will admit that's another reason I'm not so interested in NECA so much anymore. When I was younger I jumped out of my seat to try and find some Predator figs, but after finally obtaining one, after none of them showed for so long at my local toys r us, a weapon would break (My Jason's Machete), Joints were loose (Most of my figures I had), and in the case of my Xenomorph ultimate I recently obtained it wouldn't stand properly. I know most other companies are bad about quality control but at least I don't fear for my Jurassic World collection.

bobcunk

bobcunk

I'm not that interested on neca much anymore, I just got Mothra and she was missing a wing. The inky ones I'm realy interested in are the kenner style besurker predator and the neomorph.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jun 17, 2019, 02:12:52 PM
I will admit that's another reason I'm not so interested in NECA so much anymore. When I was younger I jumped out of my seat to try and find some Predator figs, but after finally obtaining one, after none of them showed for so long at my local toys r us, a weapon would break (My Jason's Machete), Joints were loose (Most of my figures I had), and in the case of my Xenomorph ultimate I recently obtained it wouldn't stand properly. I know most other companies are bad about quality control but at least I don't fear for my Jurassic World collection.
'sup fellow Jurassic World fan, Mattel's toys have been absolutely fantastic.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Yes, the best jp line since the 90s.

Predwars24

Predwars24

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 19, 2019, 01:21:10 AM

Not right now with thw current John Hammond news unfortunately.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I'm curious if we'll see the Predalien at SDCC. I hope it's the right size. Neca does well with its scale, but sometimes does a few wired things. Their alien's compared to humans are a bit bigger than we usually see in the movies, which is grate as far as I'm concerned. But then they make the Engineers pathetic in scale to the rest of their figures instead of adding a bit more size to them like they do to their aliens. The AVP predator bodies are also a bit enlarged compared to the movie.
Now from the pics it seems the Newborn is huge, so I'm just hoping to see the Predalien a bit bigger than the original. It'd be pathetic if the Rez aliens, Isolation body, or the Dog alien are larger than a Predalien which should be larger and bulkier than the AVP predators.

I'm quite curious and hopeful they get this right. If it's not big enough and the figure doesn't any new cool features besides the basic articulation, I might pass on this guy.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 19, 2019, 12:32:58 PM
The Requiem PredAlien design already is pathetic, an enlargement won't help.

True, but if it's underscale compared to the other aliens they've put out then you can't even do a body swap to try and make it better

The Old One

The Old One

The entire thing is a disaster, unless you're able to resculpt the head and chest, I don't see the point.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Gotta make do with what you're given

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 19, 2019, 01:26:45 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jun 19, 2019, 12:32:58 PM
The Requiem PredAlien design already is pathetic, an enlargement won't help.

True, but if it's underscale compared to the other aliens they've put out then you can't even do a body swap to try and make it better

Exactly this. I prefer the designs of other Predaliens, but this is the nearest one we're getting so I hope it's okay enough and that I don't have to do too much work on it. If it's large enough, and the mandibles are done decently, then I can work with whatever we're given.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 19, 2019, 02:03:58 PM
The entire thing is a disaster, unless you're able to resculpt the head and chest, I don't see the point.
Some people like the design and wouldn't mind an update.

Quote from: Predwars24 on Jun 19, 2019, 06:47:00 AM

What do you mean?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 19, 2019, 11:51:03 PM
Quote from: Predwars24 on Jun 19, 2019, 06:47:00 AM

What do you mean?

I think he was talking about...

Spoiler

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I don't know what that has to do with Mattel's kickass JP toys though. ???

Also I got the Dutch/Linn two-pack and it's better than I feared it would be, or at least mine is a lot better than the one in the video I posted. Dutch's robot arm isn't floppy and loose, the head sculpt doesn't look like a sandblasted mess, all around it's a pretty neat set and I like the novelty of getting figures of two of the more visually unique player characters from an awesome arcade game. I agree with Anthony that Linn should be able to hold the sword in one hand and the pistol in the other, instead of being forced to choose one weapon.

Predwars24

Predwars24

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 20, 2019, 05:23:51 AM

Also I got the Dutch/Linn two-pack and it's better than I feared it would be, or at least mine is a lot better than the one in the video I posted. Dutch's robot arm isn't floppy and loose, the head sculpt doesn't look like a sandblasted mess, all around it's a pretty neat set and I like the novelty of getting figures of two of the more visually unique player characters from an awesome arcade game. I agree with Anthony that Linn should be able to hold the sword in one hand and the pistol in the other, instead of being forced to choose one weapon.

No you guys haven't heard about John Hammond being an sdcc exclusive? It made me kind of upset, when I confronted Mattel they said that the only other way to obtain it was if they had any stock after sdcc.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 20, 2019, 05:23:51 AM

Nice! Glad your version is a good one and you're happy with the figures. I'm so eagerly awaiting my Arcade Aliens, to see them in person finally, though I'll probably be waiting for awhile...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed