i09 Describes Prometheus Footage

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 21, 2011, 11:53:36 PM

Author
i09 Describes Prometheus Footage (Read 23,859 times)

Prize

Prize

The concept behind the film sounds good, but I am majorly disappointed, in the news that this film will be rated PG-13!! I mean; H-E-L-L-O!! W-T-F??? Just how the hell, is Prometheus supposed to "scare the living shit out of us" when the films PG-13? I dont want to hear that B.S, about how; if the original "Alien" were released now-a-day, it would get by, with a PG-13 rating! It would not!!! And neither would the sequel "Aliens"!! Prometheus should be the same. A few months back, we were told that the creatures in Prometheus, do "Very bizzare things!". Well, sorry to rain on your parade Ridley, but in PG-13 movies, nobody will be doing anything, that would be even remotely bizzare! The suits want a PG-13 rating, so they can market the merchandise at a target age group.Nobody wants to go see PG-13 rated horror movies. This, in my view, is a very sad state of affairs indeed! PG-13 and in 3D?? In the immortal words, of director David Lynch, when asked for his opinion, on the idea of watching films on your i-phone - GET.... F***KING REAL!!!!

I apologize for my use of swear words in this post.

maddriver

maddriver

A PG-13 horror movies nowadays = horror movie with a shitload of jumpscares and EXTREEME! closeups.
And that is a rather discouraging thought.

Lonely Universe

Damn. No buttsex.

ThisBethesdaSea

Mad driver....you might have a point with some lesser known filmmaker at the helm. People....have some faith for christs sake! That's like presuming a story written for children is inherently flawed because of its intended audience. You guys are whining over milk that hasn't even spilt.

SpaceMarines

Exactly. I'm reserving judgment until I, y'know, actually see the goddamn thing. A film doesn't have to be R to be scary; Invasion of the Body Snatchers was PG, I believe, and though I haven't seen it, I've heard that it is downright unsettling and an incredibly effective piece of horror.

Infected

Infected

The part that they find a cilvilization but that is nuts or crazy and probably freaky reminds me of a part from Event Horizon.
When they all get mad.
I bet this and what we are gonna see is gonna put chills to us,
just cant f**kin wait.

m138jewski

m138jewski

how has the footage not leaked yet?

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: Prize on Jul 22, 2011, 04:39:11 PM
The concept behind the film sounds good, but I am majorly disappointed, in the news that this film will be rated PG-13!! I mean; H-E-L-L-O!! W-T-F??? Just how the hell, is Prometheus supposed to "scare the living shit out of us" when the films PG-13? I dont want to hear that B.S, about how; if the original "Alien" were released now-a-day, it would get by, with a PG-13 rating! It would not!!! And neither would the sequel "Aliens"!! Prometheus should be the same. A few months back, we were told that the creatures in Prometheus, do "Very bizzare things!". Well, sorry to rain on your parade Ridley, but in PG-13 movies, nobody will be doing anything, that would be even remotely bizzare! The suits want a PG-13 rating, so they can market the merchandise at a target age group.Nobody wants to go see PG-13 rated horror movies. This, in my view, is a very sad state of affairs indeed! PG-13 and in 3D?? In the immortal words, of director David Lynch, when asked for his opinion, on the idea of watching films on your i-phone - GET.... F***KING REAL!!!!

PG 13 just means they're not using as much language as a rated R film. Many people have said that if you take away a lot of the curisng and gore in ALien, you'd be left with a PG-13 film.

Federick Gonsa

Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Jul 23, 2011, 06:11:44 AM

PG 13 just means they're not using as much language as a rated R film. Many people have said that if you take away a lot of the curisng and gore in ALien, you'd be left with a PG-13 film.

Many movies, if they were rated now instead of now, would lose a rating level (like R becoming PG13). Times change and sensitivities too. A movie's rating is should not be a discouraging factor. Its like saying, if its not for adults, its not good. Just look at current shows on cartoon network, even if you are not a child, you may find the shows entertaining and funny. The same should go for pg-13 movies.

maddriver

maddriver

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on Jul 23, 2011, 07:30:34 AM
Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Jul 23, 2011, 06:11:44 AM

Many movies, if they were rated now instead of now, would lose a rating level (like R becoming PG13). Times change and sensitivities too. A movie's rating is should not be a discouraging factor. Its like saying, if its not for adults, its not good. Just look at current shows on cartoon network, even if you are not a child, you may find the shows entertaining and funny. The same should go for pg-13 movies.

Are f-words considered to be PG-13? Because there's a lot of those in all the Alien movies.

SiL

SiL

You can only have one or two in a non-sexualised manner (Oh f**k, rather than motherf**ker, go f**k yourself, etc.)

modprecar

modprecar

charlize is a android & she is evil one that's steal's tech from the gods

Marr

Marr

I think it's a little mean that they don't release the footage from Comic-Con. Regretably not everyone has the funds, time or resources to go.

psychonaut25

i think it will be only a matter of time before it will be leaked on youtube and then deleted and then uploaded many many times again

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Yet another description revealing some new detail:
QuoteI've seen thing you people wouldn't believe. Ridley Scott's greatest hits. Blade Runner, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Thelma And Louise, and of course Alien. "Ridley Scott returns to the genre he redefined": Prometheus. Bridge of a ship, very Alien ship-looking set, and what look suspiciously like small eggs scattered on the ground of an alien-looking set. Fassbender opens an egg and finds some kind of black film on his fingers. Hard not to see this as an Alien tale thus far; even the font is pretty much the same. Fassbender and his crew emerging from deep sleep. A bit of a first-person view, looks somewhat like the Marines segment of Aliens, although this crew looks more like the original Alien, more scietific, although there is gunfire and a woman looking down at her chest...which isn't shown. "They find dangerous elements that are capable of eviscerating them." Very Giger-esque set designs. "Has the DNA of the original Alien, but that's as far as it goes. All I want to do is scare the living shit out of you."

http://www.screened.com/news/comic-con-2011-ridley-scott-talks-prometheus/2625/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed