A theory on the ship (spoilers)

Started by Xeros Kore, Jul 13, 2010, 12:45:04 AM

Author
A theory on the ship (spoilers) (Read 1,515 times)

Xeros Kore

Xeros Kore

I'm not going to re-open the debate on just who the ship belonged to - either Classic or Beserker, but I do want to pose a thought that occurred to me.  I think its pretty obvious that RR and NA were trying to go a separate rout than AvP, and they even poked fun at the concept with the whole "the enemy of my enemy... is not neccessarily your friend".  With those lines being tossed around earlier in the film, I think its pretty plausible that Classic actually USED Royce as a distraction for Berserker.  Knowing that the larger, tougher pred was going to be a lot to handle, Classic "thanked" his human savior by letting him hop on a ship that he knew would instantly get destroyed, in hopes of turning the Berserker's attention from him so he can move in to strike.

Axlotl

Axlotl

Yeah, I can't really see being so grateful to a creature that I normally brutally and sadistically kill, as to give him my spaceship.

Maybe the classic hacked the BSP's ship as an escape plan, but got caught in the act, and the BSP's had not realized classic had gain some control of the ship. Much later, the BSP has to then activated self destruct on the ship once he saw it was rogue, and he could not control it.

Maybe access to the self-destruct is hard-linked only to the owner's gauntlet, as a last resort measure in case a ship is taken.

Le Celticant

Or maybe the ship belong to the classic.
Berzerker installed a bomb in case of...

Alienseseses

When the ship blew up, I genuinely thought Royce died for a moment. He was being set up as a jerk, after all.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jul 13, 2010, 12:55:43 AM
Or maybe the ship belong to the classic.
Berzerker installed a bomb in case of...

It's possible it was a bomb. Maybe the SP's had a different ship or they were dropped in and had to be picked up. He only pushed two buttons, One seemed to activated something, and the other had a different beep. So to me it seems like he put a bomb on it. But then again it was cloaked also, but still I think it was a bomb.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

I'm going to have to say the "super" predators. Noland said it was their ship referring to the predators on the current hunt, who were camped near it. The classic pred being their captive, probably knows codes to activate it or is perhaps actually wearing the wrist gauntlet of a super predator defeated earlier.

Weasel

Weasel

If classic won the fight though that ship would have still been going to Earth. The ship belongs to BSP because Noland mentioned that they had a ship when they asked how they got onto the planet. I'm thinking the ship belonged to the BSP but somehow the classic programmed into it.

I don't think classic had any desire either to really care about the ship. Getting revenge and restoring his honor was his #1 priority.

Mutha_Brucka

Quote from: Weasel on Jul 13, 2010, 05:26:47 AM
If classic won the fight though that ship would have still been going to Earth. The ship belongs to BSP because Noland mentioned that they had a ship when they asked how they got onto the planet. I'm thinking the ship belonged to the BSP but somehow the classic programmed into it.

I don't think classic had any desire either to really care about the ship. Getting revenge and restoring his honor was his #1 priority.

^^ I agree with this guy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed