A line that did bother me in the film....

Started by echobbase79, Jul 10, 2010, 04:17:55 AM

Author
A line that did bother me in the film.... (Read 3,455 times)

echobbase79

I loved the Stans character. The actor that played him did a great job. Very funny and good comic moments, well for the most part.

But there was one line that really just didn't sit well with me and that was the line about raping women. I wish the filmmakers just would've said the whole "I'm going to snort a whole shit load of cocaine when I get back to earth" and left it at that. Because that got a laugh but when he said the ladder the theater got very quiet.

I don't know I thought that wasn't really needed. And I understand it was a black humor kind of thing that RR has gone for in the past but I just didn't like it.

jonny boy

Why does that really bother you I think it great line
everyone laugh in the cinema

darkbladeclan6438

Same here the theatre did get quiet, but then edwin said the 5 o clock bitch raping time, and everyone began to laugh.

RakaiThwei

Dude, you weren't the only one who was bothered by the whole line in that movie.

To me, it just sounded so effing juvenile.

-Rakai'Thwei

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: jonny boy on Jul 10, 2010, 04:19:57 AM

Well for one I don't like the idea raping women. Maybe I'm being to serious but I thought it was in bad taste and kinda of cheap.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 10, 2010, 04:21:30 AM
Dude, you weren't the only one who was bothered by the whole line in that movie.

To me, it just sounded so effing juvenile.

-Rakai'Thwei

Exactly.

jonny boy

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 10, 2010, 04:21:39 AM

Well for one I don't like the idea raping women. Maybe I'm being to serious but I thought it was in bad taste and kinda of cheap.

I think your taken this too seriously

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: jonny boy on Jul 10, 2010, 04:23:33 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jul 10, 2010, 04:21:39 AM

I think your taken this too seriously

Oh well.

Gate

Considering the shit spewed by Stans by this time, you don't expect this? He was the entire reason the movie was comical at all..

jonny boy

Quote from: Lumine on Jul 10, 2010, 04:34:04 AM
Considering the shit spewed by Stans by this time, you don't expect this? He was the entire reason the movie was comical at all..

This

echobbase79

Quote from: Lumine on Jul 10, 2010, 04:34:04 AM

Yeah, it makes sense character wise but I still think they should've cut it. There were plenty of other moments where he was funny as shit. This was not one of them.

Gate

That didn't stop people in my theater from laughing, but then they were all fat f**ks who laughed at their own chair squeaking..

echobbase79

Quote from: Lumine on Jul 10, 2010, 04:39:43 AM
That didn't stop people in my theater from laughing, but then they were all fat f**ks who laughed at their own chair squeaking..

LOL!!!!!

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

I don't get it.  The line doesn't come from some upstanding citizen, it comes from a scumbag.  Should characters like that only get to say things that are nice?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jul 10, 2010, 04:42:25 AM
I don't get it.  The line doesn't come from some upstanding citizen, it comes from a scumbag.  Should characters like that only get to say things that are nice?

yeah, I get that. I bitching damn it!  ;) It's more personal than it is about the movie anyway.

Spoon

Yeah its 5pm its time to rape.

Freaking amazing!  best line in movie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed