Alien: Blackout First Impressions Are In & They’re Pretty Good!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 11, 2019, 07:56:37 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout First Impressions Are In & They’re Pretty Good! (Read 32,081 times)

426Buddy

Thank you for articulating that so well Schrödinger.

I agree

newbeing

I really wouldn't be surprised if they release some sort of DLC if this does well enough, which I'm sure will piss some people off.

I don't know if anyone here played the Dead Space game on mobile, but I remember that game being pretty good, and pretty intense in some parts.

Are a lot of mobile games cash grab casual gamer crap? Yeah they are, but doesn't mean someone can excel beyond those expectations. Just don't go in expecting a AAA level of experience.

What would be cool is if they could somehow support mobile vr devices such as GearVR or Google Daydream.

The Kurgan

Quote from: AlienDestroysPredator on Jan 12, 2019, 03:23:24 PM
It's official. Mr. H is more in touch with the fanbase than half the people in these forums that are now defending this new mobile game.

So baselessly ranting over a game, knowing next to nothing about it, makes one being in touch with the fanbase?

Schrödinger

razeak

I just discovered Mr. h. In his defense, mobile has an exceptionally spotty history with quality, far beyond PC or console. Being wrong isn't a bad thing in this case.

newbeing

Quote from: razeak on Jan 12, 2019, 05:46:33 PM
I just discovered Mr. h. In his defense, mobile has an exceptionally spotty history with quality, far beyond PC or console. Being wrong isn't a bad thing in this case.

So have games based on popular franchises. Which might have been why so many people passed on Isolation in the first place.

acrediblesource

This is just speculation about gameplay:
1. Your are Amanda and you're at some kind of command centre security system where you can turn things on and off (open doors, turn on lights,etc) thereby alerting the alien
2. you have crew members who have to do some work for you such as locate things and collect
3. As Amanda, you must keep your people safe as well as yourself as the alien can locate an entrance to your location
4. There is limited amount of power to your station or ship and you have to allocate power to the area where your crew is to keep them safe or keep places isolated.
5. lots of story and dialogue here to keep it entertaining
6. although they say it is mobile, it also has 1080p out put hense the quality screenshots and quality models and lighting. So its safe to say it is also for PC or even a portable PS pocket.

This would make a very cool mini game if it were included into Alien:Isolation as a DLC.

SiL

It's official. Mr. H is more in touch with the fanbase than half the people in these forums that are now defending this new mobile game.
"Mr H is more in touch with the fanbase than the fanbase."

... what the f**k?

Samhain13

Maybe he means the youtube fanbase.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 13, 2019, 02:27:22 AM
"Mr H is more in touch with the fanbase than the fanbase."

... what the f**k?

Intimately?

Local Trouble

I'm seeing a lot of microaggressions in this thread.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jan 13, 2019, 03:43:51 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 13, 2019, 02:27:22 AM

... what the f**k?

Intimately?

Is there any other way?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 13, 2019, 04:26:45 AM
I'm seeing a lot of microaggressions in this thread.

Born from the possibility of micro-transactions. Just think about the irony.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 13, 2019, 01:56:04 AM
This is just speculation about gameplay:
1. Your are Amanda and you're at some kind of command centre security system where you can turn things on and off (open doors, turn on lights,etc) thereby alerting the alien
2. you have crew members who have to do some work for you such as locate things and collect
3. As Amanda, you must keep your people safe as well as yourself as the alien can locate an entrance to your location
4. There is limited amount of power to your station or ship and you have to allocate power to the area where your crew is to keep them safe or keep places isolated.
5. lots of story and dialogue here to keep it entertaining
6. although they say it is mobile, it also has 1080p out put hense the quality screenshots and quality models and lighting. So its safe to say it is also for PC or even a portable PS pocket.

This would make a very cool mini game if it were included into Alien:Isolation as a DLC.

Sounds like a Ricardo mini-game tbh.
I wonder to what extent it'll have a narrative.
Or whether it did need Amanda Ripley at all.

Predwars24

From the people that hates games that people love *cough*cough Alien Isolation *cough*cough. Comes a good review of a Five Nights at Freddy's clone, just repackaged to look and feel like it's in the aliens universe. Great. At the same time I may be a little harsh but it's a phone game, the idea a game that storywise is a tie in to a triple AAA game is ridiculous.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed