Alien: Isolation Q&A with Creative Assembly

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2014, 03:02:38 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Q&A with Creative Assembly (Read 28,859 times)

ikarop

We are happy to announce that AvPGalaxy will be doing an Q&A with Creative Assembly very soon about the recently announced videogame, Alien: Isolation. As it’s a tradition now, we are giving you the opportunity to get involved and submit your own questions for the interview. Keep in mind that the Alien: Isolation team is still hard at work on the game and hence some aspects can not be answered yet.

news

You have until Friday, January 31st to send us your questions via this thread on the forums. A selection of the best and most common questions will be asked in our interview with Creative Assembly during an exclusive studio visit this February.

Aspie

Aspie

Regarding the atmosphere of the game, are you attempting to channel the horror genre for video games, as opposed to action?

What is your opinion of Aliens: Colonial Marines, and what are you seeking to do differently, if anything?

What are y'all seeking to accomplish/establish by utilizing Ripley's daughter as the main character?

It seems, from the limited footage we have seen, the game resembles the original movie in a lot of ways. Will there be any major distinguishing factors separating the two?

Is this meant to be the only installment?

thx17583

I got a question: how close are you looking at the desings made by h.r giger for the film? We will see another giger-designed creature or landscape besides the xeno?

Engineer

Engineer

Will there be multiple versions of the game (i.e., collectors edition, limited edition, etc...)?

Will there be any DLC packs of any sort?

Will there be any pre-order bonuses/incentives?

Is there going to be any sort of replayability after initially completing the campaign?

When will we get to see an achievement/trophy list?

Is there any references to Prometheus or the upcoming rumored Prometheus sequel?

Has Ridley Scott had any involvement or met with your team to talk about the vision behind the original alien film?

Is there any references to, and/or storyline tie-ins to, the new book "out of the shadows"?

After aliens: colonial marines was released, did you recieve any negative backlash from fox or sega? And was there any talk about canceling alien isolation as a result of aliens: colonial marines' poor reception?

Are there plans for, or a possibility for, an alien isolation sequel? I did not come up with this idea, I heard it from another community member here at avpgalaxy, but I think a similar style game playing as Newt prior to the arrival of Ripley and the marines in the second film could be very interesting and terrifying as well; is there a possibility for something like that?

Are there going to be different difficulty levels to the game?

Will there be any Easter eggs hidden in the game?

How fluid is the gameplay? Or in other words, are there distinct breaks between levels or will it feel like one long level from beginning to end?

Is fox endorsing your game as a true official sequel/cannon to the franchise the way they did with aliens: colonial marines?

If the alien bleeds, will there be permenant environmental damage caused by the alien's acid blood?

For the Xbox versions of the game, have you utilized the kinect in any way?

Are there any other next gen features the game will take advantage of?

For tablets and smart phones, will there be any second screen functions or companion apps to go along with the game? (i.e., second screen acts as motion tracker or something).

If I do something clever and trick the alien, but then a few minutes later I die before reaching a checkpoint, will the alien's "knowledge of my tactics" be reset to my previous check point? Or will it still have learned from my previous attempt?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Why did you think the 1979 Alien's more humanoid legs werent going to work in this videogame? Ridley and Giger wanted the creature to retain a fairly human stance because it came out of a human.

newbeing

newbeing

Were there any influences taken from Prometheus?

Will anything carry over from the AvP films, such as Karl Bishop Weyland? (Oh please spaghetti monster, say no...)

Is there any consideration toward the  younger generations of gamers that haven't seen the Alien films yet? How do you plan on introducing players with only basic knowledge of the franchise to this universe?

Considering Ripley never killed humans in the films. Can players use sneaking and distraction tactics to make it through the game without directly killing anyone?

How is the more humanoid AI similar or different to the ALIEN AI?

Prior Alien games have been pretty linear.How is the design team thinking about multiple paths to goals when gray boxing levels?

Can we expect an actual ending and not some forced cliffhanger ending?

In order to keep things fresh how can we expect the ALIEN AI to evolve over the course of the game?

It's been said that facehuggers, are not really in the game. Considering how iconic the lifecycle is in the franchise will we see it in some form during the game?

Thanks!

ikarop

Thank you all for your questions. Keep them coming!

Acid_Reign161

Is this game considered canon by 20th Century Fox?

Have the events of 'Alien: Out of the Shadows' and its two upcoming followup novels been taken into consideration or referenced?

Will there be a collector's edition in the same vein as 'Aliens: Colonial Marines collector's edition' and 'Aliens vs predator Ultimate Hunter Edition'?

Will fans get the opportunity to play a beta or demo prior to release?

Is 'Prometheus' referenced in any way besides the Weyland Corp logo in the family picture concept art?

Can we expect DLC and has this game been envisioned as the start of a series of games if successful, or designed to be stand alone?

What kinds of spec can PC gamers expect to be running in able to run this game in ultra settings?

Regardless of reception, did YOU consider the events of Colonial Marines canon, and did that have any influence on the game?

How long after this game is declared overdue can we expect a rescue? XD

The Dutch Ghost

Perhaps probably already answered but is there any weaponry in the game? Not weapons made from parts but stuff like the pistol and flamethrower from Alien.
And what role do these play during the game? Just to frighten of the creature, or just giving the player a false sense of security.

Can wounding the creature actually cause structural damage to the station as it was suggested in Alien, actually making it quite a risk when you manage to injure the creature?

NPC characters, can they actually undertake tasks on their own?

PVTDukeMorrison

How will combat against non-alien enemies work?

Are you looking to set up a franchise with this game, or is it a one and done?

Will there be a demo before release?

Valaquen

If I were to ask a question, I guess it would be: "are you concerned at all, regarding the storyline, that Amanda Ripley's survival is an already pre-determined outcome, given that we know she dies an elderly, married woman?"

PrivateHudson87

Any chance on adding the cocooning/transforming life cycle stage back into the alien series?

Are there gonna be any Prometheus/Space Jockey references in the game?
What kind of role does Weyland-Yutani play into the story?

Vrastal

Vrastal

Will there be any chance at playing as an alien?

Any plans for DLC?

Will any of the unreleased movie material come with the game?

How much of the game will take place on the space station?

Local Trouble

My questions: are you guys aware of the unpopularity of your design for the alien among the fans who know it best?  Are you even willing to consider changing it to better match HRG's original design?

Kimo

Kimo

My questions....? (some may of been asked)

I like the look of the new retro Motion Tracker... But will we get to use a similar device that Ash makes in the film "Alien" were it only picks up sound/air density and it has no screen to pin point movement. Maybe if the game has a hard difficulty you could replace the new motion tracker with the films sound motion tracker?

In the Alien film, when the beast in on screen you can hear the alien make a strange mechanical hissing cricket sound. Are you going to put this sound FX in the game? it is easily missed if you dont pay attention... But if you watch the film on Blu-ray you can clearly hear this strange sound that is unique to the alien from the the first film.

Will the be a level were Amanda explorers the derelict for clues?

You have to put a Cat and Hamsters some were in the game.

Please Egg Morphing.

Will the Alien do a Crab Walk some were in the game?

Is the creature going to be more sexual, then Bug like? i mean as in the way it acts towards humans. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed