New EW Still

Started by ace3g, Jul 14, 2018, 12:02:17 AM

Author
New EW Still (Read 27,866 times)

yautjapet

yautjapet

I'm in total agreement that our concepts of gender-based personality or behavioral traits don't automatically apply here. Not only are they an alien species, they have a vastly different culture. If we ever see female predators on screen, I'd personally be happy if it the audience learns it at the beginning and then story moves along without it being really relevant and without a big show of "looky here at the lady predator!" It doesn't have to be a big deal.

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

From Predator star to The Predator director, Shane Black on creating the most dangerous predator yet

EW

chatted with Black about why he dove back into the Predator universe, finding his own cast instead being a part of it, and if there's room for more films.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/17/the-predator-shane-black-ultimate-predator/

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

So a bulky, bigger and badder predator is compared to a cheetah, say what now?

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 18, 2018, 08:35:04 AM

Spoiler
He is compared to a cheetah in the script as well (when he is running), so it's not accidental.
[close]

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Not sure if I should be worried about what I just read or not... but it takes a little bit of the steam out of the concept. Glad I didn't read anything from the leaked scripts.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

It sure steers clear of a tribal based, massai inspired warrior hunter most of us seemed to like a lot...

Wweyland

Wweyland

So it runs on 4 legs like a cheetah?

azamultic

azamultic

I think Shane was talking about AVP predators who looked like Football players, clumsy, also they body felled more puffy like a bodybuilder between competition seasons, or straight up Powerlifters. Where Upgrade does look like bodybuilder, and huge, but his proportions look more like Frank Zane then Ronny Coleman. Also the use of CGI does help to make Upgrade moves to be elegant, compare to the guy in the suite.   

felt* sorry for my grammar, not a native speaker.  ;D

bibouisback

bibouisback

Sorry, unrelated, but will Thomas Jane have an important role or will he die quickly ? Because we almost don't see him at all in the trailers.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

He's one of the main characters. All deaths from the previous leaks have been reshot so we don't know anything for certain at the moment, we just one he's one of the main players.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: azamultic on Jul 18, 2018, 09:29:18 AM
I think Shane was talking about AVP predators who looked like Football players, clumsy, also they body felled more puffy like a bodybuilder between competition seasons, or straight up Powerlifters. Where Upgrade does look like bodybuilder, and huge, but his proportions look more like Frank Zane then Ronny Coleman. Also the use of CGI does help to make Upgrade moves to be elegant, compare to the guy in the suite.   

I know he's refering to the AvP ones as those are the only ones truly looking like football players.

But I just find it very ironic when he mentions them, wanting to go for a cheetah and ending up with a roided out predator 1.5x the size and thinking it will be scarier than the original. It just cements that you didn't get the creature at it's core at all. And I say this not having read the script so I might be surprised and I hope I am. But I'm afraid I won't be.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 18, 2018, 10:28:14 AM
Quote from: azamultic on Jul 18, 2018, 09:29:18 AM

I know he's refering to the AvP ones as those are the only ones truly looking like football players.

But I just find it very ironic when he mentions them, wanting to go for a cheetah and ending up with a roided out predator 1.5x the size and thinking it will be scarier than the original. It just cements that you didn't get the creature at it's core at all. And I say this not having read the script so I might be surprised and I hope I am. But I'm afraid I won't be.

I actually noticed that Upgraded doesn't have a very huge chest, or abs muscles, the only thing is really huge is his arms, and I guess legs, but we didn't see it yet, but his torso looks pretty athletic nod roided up, not counting that he is 10 feet tall. And I think he is like a lion(not cheetah),  huge lion, and Lions are freaking buff, but they can look elegant too.

Lamb

Lamb

Those noticing the vast difference between this Pred and a cheetah - He's talking about the way it moves, not how lean it is, or anything. When it hits the ground I'm imagining it will absorb the impact gracefully, rather than just slam down like a solid lump, as seen in AVP. To me this is a very good thing, because those stompy guys from AVP were ridiculous.

kokoro

kokoro

He looks like Kotal Kahn from Mortal Kombat X

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

We haven't seen him move yet, how do we know he won't be moving elegantly ? Muscle mass on a frickin' alien would mean he isn't capable of being fast and graceful ? Just because he's big ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed