Gamespot Reviews AvP

Started by Darkness, Feb 15, 2010, 06:44:11 PM

Author
Gamespot Reviews AvP (Read 17,014 times)

dachande89

dachande89

I call bull shit on this review. This game is freaking awesome from the demo alone.

AJMARTINecu

AJMARTINecu

Gamespot my ass    ;)  

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

You know what? When it comes right down to it, I could give a rat's ass about game critics and their reviews. From ANY source. You'll never truly know how much you like a game until YOU play it. For Pete's sake play a demo, rent it, or borrow it from a friend.

Bottom line, I've never trusted critics. To think about all the games I would've missed out on had I listened to some of these bone-heads... sooooooo much fun would've been missed.

Some of the gripes critics have, are just plain ridiculous. Sometimes I wonder if they're even gamers. Case in point: the complaints regarding AVP's controls. If they ARE gamers. They must suck at games horribly...

Lamplight

Lamplight

I cannot really figure it out. There's a substantial difference between 5.5 and 8.5...

Ephemeriis

Ephemeriis

Honestly, I'm not terribly concerned about some abstract number assigned by a "critic" on some website.  I may agree with them, I may not...  But I'm not going to let some number make my purchasing decisions.

I also think a lot of these reviews are having a hard time judging this game on its own merits.  It isn't really a FPS, at least not like Modern Warfare 2, as so much of the game involves stealth and melee.

Plus, if you aren't a fan of the source material, you're missing out on at least half the fun.  The high-pitched whine of a motion tracker is enough to set my nerves on edge, even if I'm just hearing it coming from a television in the other room.  Having that integrated into a video game that I'm playing seriously heightens the tension.  Something that's largely lost on someone who's never really cared for the Aliens movie.

heady89

heady89

It's funny , either it's the reviewers fault or you blame the site or something. It's maybe time to realize that this AVP is far from as good as it could've been and accept the low scores.

I think this score is more vaild than 8.5,9 that's just too high this game doesn't hold up in all departments by far. Our local (country-wize) review sites gave it 2/5 , and where heavily disappointed as well.

mocafrost

mocafrost

I didn't enjoy the demo because of the controls.  They don't feel quite right.  But the game overall didn't deserve such a low score.  I wonder how the PC version feels compared to the 360.  It was the feel of movement (tilt/turn) on the 360 that bothered me.

Drakolowe

Drakolowe

your tellin ME i have to say to myself tht THIS game is gonna be POOR, becuase of some idiot out there. no chance...I LOVED THE DEMO and seen some of the offical game already and its fantastic. screw these guys who give it a low score. Ignore them guys.. you love the game, dont let a lame revier change your feelings about this game. cant wait till friday   :D      :D  

Pelax

Pelax

Wait a sec - last game of ALONE IN THE DARK gets 5/10 and that game was unplayable! So if the AvP3 is playable but maybe not perfect so it must get +7/10!

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

1....i think there is a little problem with the controls compared avp1,avp2 but after some hours you get use of them.
2....its amazing to watch aliens and predators so wonderfull made in a game finnally but..they are right about the graphics
(always compared with other new fps).
3....about a part of a review where it says that after the first or second level of the marine campain,most of the areas are open and well lit: jungle+alien shooting=bad idea/
jungle+predators=amazing.the 1999 avp was amazing because 99% of the game was in small dark corridors-rooms.
4....LAMPLIGHT said something good.''I cannot really figure it out. There's a substantial difference between 5.5 and 8.5''
BUT althought i will enjoy the game because i love avp universe i think they made it with their mind on xbox,ps3. and it looks more like an action fps and not so scary like the first avp.
5....keep in mind that their review is written not only for us,the diehard fans of avp but also for people that havent played an avp game before.
6....i hope the game will be better than it seems to be.

KaizerDan

KaizerDan

god i love reality... every modern game that has come out has been scored way too high. Its nice that some people still pick games apart even if you dont agree with it, its for the average buyer and the die hard avp fan isnt average when it comes to this game.

ROARGATHOR

ROARGATHOR

I think the PC reviews will be better, based on controls and visuals alone.  FPS are not make for consoles... Sorry.  I cant imagine playing as an alien with anything other than a mouse and keyboard.  When these reviews come out, you can tell they are bitter toward anything other than COD or Halo.  THis game will have a strong and devoted following for multiplayer.  Anyone who comes in thinking they're gonna wtf pwn you becuase they played COD, is in for a rude awakening.  f**kem.

Rob27

Rob27

I dont care im still getting it its an alien predator and marine game.  Who cares if its sh1t.  
  >:D    
Rob.

freshbreath3

freshbreath3

I going to get it anyway because it beats the hell out of those avp movies.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

See, I don't get the negative comments about the controls, or worse, the graphics. I've been playing both the 360 & PC demos like crazy, and I gotta say both control very well and both are gorgeous. Granted, they're the DEMO versions, but I highly doubt the full versions are going to be worse than the demo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed