Leaked Alien Romulus Audition With Spoilers

Started by Gimitko, Feb 19, 2023, 01:29:59 AM

Author
Leaked Alien Romulus Audition With Spoilers (Read 18,935 times)

Gimitko

Gimitko

Three different auditions for the role of Bjorn, all from african-american actors, indicating the character himself is also african-american:
https://vimeo.com/798284492
https://vimeo.com/798202125
https://vimeo.com/798636064

Full summary of the scenes from the audition, SPOILERS ahead:
Spoiler
SCENE 1: Bjorn is playing a videogame with another person and trashtalking, a character named Rain walks into the room and Bjorns demeanor turns serious. Rain pays respect to Bjorns dad who has passed away and says "between hailstorms and new diseases every f**king cycle, its getting harder and harder." Bjorn deflects the subject by saying "yeah, yeah everybody is dying." Bjorn urges Rain or the person he is playing with to report something and they do: "last week we are loading the southeast tower about a mile above ground", Bjorn interjects "and suddenly beep beep, the holo(?) picks up this beacon, Navarro tracks it and spots this big WY ship drifting away right above us, probably damaged or obsolete, like dumb dumb over here." Rain says its cheaper to leave it floating up there than to scrap it, Bjorn doesnt seem to agree. Bjorn finally admits what he wants: to send the WY synthetic named Andy up there to access the network of the ship. Rain is apprehensive, suggesting they "wait another cycle". Bjorn, with panic in his voice, tells Rain to wake the f**k up. Rain suggests they go with Andy, because Rain sees Andy as their brother and doesnt want to send him on a potential suicide mission. Bjorn doesnt buy the familial bond, calling Andy "WY damaged goods your dad used to own, thats all he f**king is".

SCENE 2: Bjorn and Andy are in a place together that gives Bjorn "the heebie jeebies". Andy makes a joke "Why cant shrimps never give you money? Because they are shellfish/selfish." The joke makes Bjorn livid and begs the synth to turn himself off. Andy continues repeating the joke, seemingly not detecting Bjorn is mad, then realizes it and apologizes. Bjorn says he cant wait to never see Andy again. Andy reminds him they will be going to a vacation resort together after this. Bjorn objects, claiming synthetics are not allowed there.

SCENE 3: Bjorn saves a character who is begging "get it off me" from the thing that is on him. The saved character declares he is okay, another character responds "I am not so sure" and asks Andy what are the odds the creature has finished his job, Andy responds the odds are 60 to 40. Bjorn begs/yells at them to shut up and go. Someone starts blocking Bjorns path and Bjorn pulls a gun on them, urging them to get out of his way. He then says "You see, this is what I meant by a funny idea", indicating he noted something like this would happen. The other person begs Bjorn to put the gun down. Bjorn quickly points the gun at Andy and shoots him. The other person yells "Andy!" in a caring way, indicating they possibly are Rain from the previous scene.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Explicit mentions of Weyland-Yutani, so this is definitely after Prometheus, and before Resurrection. Hope it's in the post-Alien 3 timeframe, but closer to 3 than Resurrection.

Also wouldn't be opposed to that derelict craft they find being the Covenant....
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 19, 2023, 02:07:58 AM
Spoiler
Explicit mentions of Weyland-Yutani, so this is definitely after Prometheus, and before Resurrection. Hope it's in the post-Alien 3 timeframe, but closer to 3 than Resurrection.

Also wouldn't be opposed to that derelict craft they find being the Covenant....
[close]

Andy's jokes remind me of "Father" from RBW.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 19, 2023, 09:36:45 AM
Spoiler

[close]

Spot on! ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 19, 2023, 09:36:45 AM
Spoiler

[close]

Yeah, I'm getting very similar vibes from that particular scene. A lot of this corroborates some other information I've got too.

Potentially big spoilers with
Spoiler
Andy taking a bullet.
[close]

Darkness

Did anybody save the videos. Last two have been removed.

I'm surprised he would just post them publicly. It could of course be completely unrelated to the story and just examples of scenes.

Corporal Hicks

It was 3 different actors doing the same scenes. From what else I know, those scenes featured character names and even the joke, that are legit.

Ar-Durinn

Ohohoh, cant wait to see the new film, omg :'(

CainsSon

Hmmm... Curious detail, this WY ship floating around... It would be interesting if this took place between Alien and Alien 3.

Nightmare Asylum

CainsSon

CainsSon

Or...

David Weyland

Could fit an opportunity to tie up the egg but I dont think its the Sulaco anyway on basis of the words as it was not a WY ship.

As much as I want it to be the Covenant, have to accept more likely it's not

CainsSon

CainsSon

I was thinking about that - the Sulaco not being a WY ship - and I couldn't confirm it. It does seem plausible and in step with themes that WY would be a monopoly that makes military ships and weapons/bioweapons, and the ship is full of WY logos on things. Is there some resource that anyone knows of to confirm this? I found blueprints of the Sulaco with WY logos and the like...
But I suppose you could argue that it would most likely be ID'd in conversation as a "military" or "marine ship," but this could also depend on how the beacon was broadcasting, possibly.
It's also a draft/audition and this is obviously just speculation for entertainment purposes.
I would love it however, if the film took place on board the Sulaco and its was a midquel. A series of midquels has been my pitch for how to repair this franchise for a long time. It's also never been done before as a series, and makes for a nice new buzzword.

As a side note, I'd just like to add that I hope that one actor whose audition hasn't been removed, doesn't get the part. No offense, I'm sure he is a nice person.

Nightmare Asylum

To be completely honest, I would imagine that whatever derelict craft the film's characters find is likely an original ship called the Romulus (which makes more sense to me than the Romulus being the ship the characters start on)... as much as I would love for it to be the Covenant that is found.

Kradan

Kradan

At this point, I'd like Covenant to become a sort of mythical ghost ship (a Flying Dutchman of the Alien universe, if you will) that keeps going through space without ever reaching it destination. Idk, maybe a navigational malfunction prevents it from ever landing on Origae 6. Ripley managed to do just that for nearly six decades. I don't want a continuation of that story unless it's a full-on third prequel directed by The Sir but wouldn't mind some subtle references to the ship's fate in the EU here and there

Ah, a perfect little biomech nightmare world ruled by David

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed