Who would win?

Started by reptileboa, Jan 28, 2007, 01:26:07 AM

Who would win in a no weapons fight with 1 pred, 1 alien and 1 marine?

Predator
34 (40%)
Alien
39 (45.9%)
Marine
3 (3.5%)
Depends
9 (10.6%)
Don't Know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author
Who would win? (Read 24,595 times)

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I still say I would win.  :D

Punk19

Punk19

If the predator is experienced enough, he could defeat anybody. Even a marine and an alien.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

like Broken Tusk for example  ;D

and some notable mentions the Pred from CJ and the Preds from the AVP and AVP 2 games.

yauntja

yauntja

Alien

afallendevil

afallendevil

The alien would win - after all, in the AVP movie, grid alien managed to kill two armed preds in about 5 minutes!! Which wasn't very good in my opinion...

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

^ true, but Celtic and Chopper aren't good examples of what the Predators are capable of.

Sgt Apone

Sgt Apone

I think the Predator would win in a one-on-one, but if there're a bunch of Aliens, and it's their environment, forget it. At least that's what I hope for - the aliens are just so much cooler than the predator.

-deeje-

-deeje-

in my opinion the predator would win as it has more strength and has a variety of weapons to kill aliens with and it can take alot of damage

Stalker

Stalker

The deciding factor here in my opinion would be the experience level of the predator. An unblood or young blood wouldn't stand much of a chance in hand to hand combat with an alien, although an elder or higher ranking hunter would more than likely walk away the victor. The marine on the other hand obviously wouldn't stand any chance of physically besting either creature, so there would be almost no hope for them. As far as the fight between the alien & the pred, it could quite easily go either way. The predator would more than likely be a better overall fighter & even more powerful, while the alien would use its own natural weapons to its advantage.

SM

SM

Alien.

In less than 20 seconds.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Firstly, we do NOT know weather an Adult Alien or Predator is stronger. We have never seen them go side by side at a powerlifting meet.

Hand to hand, the marine, even a UFC fighter, while tough by human standards, is still just a human. You could take a huge 6'7" 330 pounds of muscle human, a WSM competitor/winner like Magnus Samuelsson, train him with the best fighter UFC coaches on earth for 5 years straight, and he would still get killed by a Lion in combat unarmed and hand to hand. Even the strongest and toughest humans, are still human.

Both the Predator and Alien have been shown to be exceptionally strong. The aliens have been observed doing such feats as punching through solid steel, and the Alien has enough strength to lift a Pred with its tail.

The Predators can lift a human off the ground like he weighs nothing, and jump 25 feet vertically from a static position.

Predators are about 7'6" and 400 pounds on average, and all muscle too. They would also be, most likely, comparatively much stronger and more agile than would a human of equal size and build.

The Alien is hands down more flexible and agile.

The Alien has much harder skin.

The Alien has acid blood.

The Predator "may" have a slight strength advantage.

Completely unarmed, I would say the Alien would win at least 80% of the time. It just has too many natural weapons to fight bare handed and have a high success rate.

With hand to hand weapons available, but no projectile weapons, I would put the advantage to a skilled hunter at least 80% of the time. With a blade a skilled hunter can avoid acid splash decently, and can cut an alien with enough speed to kill it in one attack.

There is no Proof that an Elder Predator is physically stronger than a younger Pred, more experienced with a melee weapon for sure, but still at a disadvantage completely unarmed.

I would not say that the Pred is guaranteed to loose, just it only has about a 20% chance of winning with its bare hands.

Now all of this is also dependant on the type of alien, or rather the host type. All of the above is assuming it is a normal adult alien, with a human host.

We have not yet seen for sure what a Pred-Alien will be like. We know it is still an Alien (or damn well should be), and it may be as strong physically to a Predator as a human hosted Alien is proportionately to us.

If that is the case a Pred-Alien (Alien who had a Predator for a host, not some mutant) would not be an option in barehanded combat any more than an Alien born of us is for us to take on barehanded.

Alien5

Alien5

I would have to say the Alien because given the natural physical feats the alien already possess it has an advantage in a no weapon fight. The predator may have smarts and physical stamina but that can only go so far, depending on the environment. The marine will probally not last that long, but there's always hope.

SM

SM

QuoteI would not say that the Pred is guaranteed to loose, just it only has about a 20% chance of winning with its bare hands.

20 times out of 100 is pretty good odds for a lifeform with no natural weaponry.  How could a Predator possibly beat an Alien hand to hand with no weapons?

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

there's always the chance of outsmarting the alien.

SM

SM

How?  Drop a log on them?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed