Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 272,235 times)

SiL

SiL

We got a story based entirely around a diseased chestburster for God's sake :laugh:

SM

SM

A dude made a prog album of Alien noises. Nearly.

SiL

SiL

Alien: Pig is an actual thing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jun 02, 2021, 10:00:32 AM
A dude made a prog album of Alien noises. Nearly.

I really want someone to make this.

BlueMarsalis79

I shout across the room:

"[Cancerblack]!!!"

Still Collating...

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 31, 2021, 05:45:27 AM
And, just in case anyone missed it...their version of goats are traced from deformed goat pictures.

That is the creepiest thing I've ever seen! Good idea to use them as inspiration, they do look out of this world. But not a good idea to copy the pics verbatim. So this means the artist can't draw at all, not a single thing it seems like, right? Or not very well at least. Now I fear that literally every scene in the comic is traced... Even if he continues to do that, at least the artist needs to get better at showing action scenes.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 02, 2021, 11:24:26 AM
I shout across the room:

"[Cancerblack]!!!"

Would be a natural progression after having the Nostromo ambience layered through an entire EP.

SM

SM

Years ago I was going to try and do sampling thing that mixed Alien sound effects with the soundtrack of each film - until I realised that I'm really bad at that sort of thing.

Engineer

I recall someone complained that the artist drew himself into the comic, the main character "Cruz" specifically,  using his own face for the character's  likeness...

Well I just found out that this isn't the first time he's drawn himself into a comic/franchise. Look up the character named "Dr. Cylo" from marvel's Darth Vader series and compare his face to Cruz from Alien.

(PS. I'm less bothered by this; at least it's not stealing artwork from someone else... but I could see how this might take someone out of the story/experience).

SM

SM

Animators often have mirrors at their desks so they draw facial expressions (or at least they did with hand drawn animation).

It wouldn't surprise me if comic artists did the same - and if you make yourself the hero of the comic you can easily get any expression you like.

Laroccas rather soulless offerings would lead me to believe that's not what he's doing here however.

Engineer

Quote from: SM on Jun 03, 2021, 02:14:08 AM
Laroccas rather soulless offerings would lead me to believe that's not what he's doing here however.

My thoughts too

BishopWantsIt

Despite the marines, I get an Alien: Isolation vibe. People hide in lockers, aliens don't  die, they run away through vents in the ceiling, the mystery of what gas happened on the ship...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BishopWantsIt on Jun 03, 2021, 08:25:29 PM
Despite the marines, I get an Alien: Isolation vibe. People hide in lockers, aliens don't  die, they run away through vents in the ceiling, the mystery of what gas happened on the ship...

Acknowledging both Alien and Aliens and featuring Colonial Marines, I do think though that Johnson has to do a much better job writing conditions that logically fit and earn that Isolation vibe in light of what's already been established, rather than armed Colonial Marines with bad aim shooting an Alien in the shoulders, just so it can survive and be the recipient of a one-way conversation with a scared Marine.  :)

Still Collating...

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 03, 2021, 08:49:51 PM
Quote from: BishopWantsIt on Jun 03, 2021, 08:25:29 PM

Acknowledging both Alien and Aliens and featuring Colonial Marines, I do think though that Johnson has to do a much better job writing conditions that logically fit and earn that Isolation vibe in light of what's already been established, rather than armed Colonial Marines with bad aim shooting an Alien in the shoulders, just so it can survive and be the recipient of a one-way conversation with a scared Marine.  :)

That scene was so confusing and bad. I can't believe how unconvincing it was.

RidgeTop

Had a guest appearance for this channel and expressed my displeasure at issue #3. Read off a few of your comments from here also to give a sense of how the hardcore crowd is feeling, with credit of course.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed