Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 272,252 times)

Engineer

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 31, 2021, 05:45:27 AM
And, just in case anyone missed it...their version of goats are traced from deformed goat pictures.

Jfc
And I had just complimented that ONE part 🤦‍♂️

BlueMarsalis79

It undermines their terror.

This whole affair continues to be a joke.

SM

SM

I don't see much difference in a hugger leaping in slow-mo to an Alien getting shot to bits in slow-mo in Aliens.

SiL

SiL

There was a lot risible about the slow-motion facehuggers (bullet-time facehuggers as people were saying at the time), but using slow-motion to let the inevitability of a bad situation sink in doesn't undermine anything.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I dug that first slo-mo Facehugger shot.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 31, 2021, 07:14:42 AM
I'm confused that most comic reviews don't seem to think so. It seems like the majority is eating this series up.

I'm just glad we have a TV series to look forward to...

BlueMarsalis79

It's really really sad.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Nukiemorph on May 31, 2021, 10:57:45 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on May 31, 2021, 07:14:42 AM
I'm confused that most comic reviews don't seem to think so. It seems like the majority is eating this series up.

I'm just glad we have a TV series to look forward to...

The majority seems to be enjoying it for sure. It's only here where I see people complaining about it. Thus for the sake of these boards I really hope they change the creative team for the next arc so folks here can enjoy them. The only caveat is that the comics are selling so good that Marvel doesn't have much incentive to change a thing. The fact that Alien is out selling Star Wars is just unheard of.

SM

SM

If the comic is selling well and getting good press there's no need for them to change anything.  It's seemingly able to shrug off all this lazy tracing garbage.

Sabres21768

I'm not going to lie, I like this series a lot so far.
I hate that the tracing is happening because there are several AMAZING unpublished artists who could really do some amazing work on this.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on May 31, 2021, 03:45:11 PM
The majority seems to be enjoying it for sure. It's only here where I see people complaining about it. Thus for the sake of these boards I really hope they change the creative team for the next arc so folks here can enjoy them. The only caveat is that the comics are selling so good that Marvel doesn't have much incentive to change a thing. The fact that Alien is out selling Star Wars is just unheard of.

To be fair we have to see where Alien as a series bottoms out first and maintains a steady readership. Alien's debut issue (with its huge collectible value and onslaught of variant covers) debuted #2 in both units & dollars, but Alien issue 2 already dropped to #14 in units and #17 in dollars. So we have to wait and see.

judge death

Hmm a bit early to say but after seeing this comic and the one off one coming, it seem all of these comics will take place in aliens time frame and involve colonial space marines vs xenos, but I guess that is what people want and marvel and maybe disneys plans with the movies later will be that. Bit early but is worried this might be the case.

SiL

SiL

I don't see this maintaining its lead after the novelty wears off

Xiggz456

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 31, 2021, 11:57:06 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on May 31, 2021, 03:45:11 PM

To be fair we have to see where Alien as a series bottoms out first and maintains a steady readership. Alien's debut issue (with its huge collectible value and onslaught of variant covers) debuted #2 in both units & dollars, but Alien issue 2 already dropped to #14 in units and #17 in dollars. So we have to wait and see.

I agree but the last original Aliens issue was the 278th best seller. Even in its heyday Alien has never broken the top 20 so the point stands that it's still selling better than it ever has in its comic history. I'm eagerly awaiting issue 3's numbers.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 01, 2021, 12:08:33 AM
I don't see this maintaining its lead after the novelty wears off

This will probably be the case. It'll be interesting to see how well the one shot sells.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: judge death on Jun 01, 2021, 12:00:49 AMHmm a bit early to say but after seeing this comic and the one off one coming, it seem all of these comics will take place in aliens time frame and involve colonial space marines vs xenos

Again, bit early to be saying things like that.

The first few Dark Horse comics were set in the Aliens period and had the USCM, it didn't stop us getting stuff like Vikings vs. Aliens or a bunch of completely Marine-less stories.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed