Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 272,258 times)

Engineer

Agreed. Wachter's TMNT work in particular looked like it would be a good fit, stylistically, for Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: hawkangel on May 28, 2021, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2021, 08:49:24 AM

I'm still enjoying the story though.
Spoiler
Cool to see where the hosts of the hooved Alien now. I liked the callback to Alien 3 re: the marks on their faces, but having it carry to the human hosts didn't sit right with me. 
[close]

Didn't some comics do this too? I remember the first Superman/Aliens did the "marks on the face" thing as well unless I'm mistaken.

Nothing jumps out at me, but I can't say I've read the DC crossovers that many times. I just thought of Spike from Alien 3 immediately.

Voodoo Magic

Read issue #3. Not great. This series is progressively getting worse for me . And page two into the story just made me cringe in the worst way. Let's all stop shooting so we can have a conversation with an Alien. Oy.

Engineer

Spoiler

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 28, 2021, 09:43:06 PM
Read issue #3. Not great. This series is progressively getting worse for me . And page two into the story just made me cringe in the worst way. Let's all stop shooting so we can have a conversation with an Alien. Oy.

Lmao

"But... w- we shot you!" 😂
[close]

judge death

For making claims these aliens do so much new things and writing and will do new things, the alpha alien is a repeate of what we have seen earlier, shall not spoil it here but someone posted a link earlier somehwere were its mentioned what old ability it has.
Makes me wondering if the writer even realised it has been done earlier and according to me better, and it also creates the same issue as before with why bother with a queen then....

SiL

SiL

If you're talking about barfing, they were wrong.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Engineer on May 28, 2021, 10:04:01 PM
Spoiler

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 28, 2021, 09:43:06 PM

Lmao

"But... w- we shot you!" 😂
[close]

Indeed (smh)

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 28, 2021, 09:15:47 PM
Quote from: hawkangel on May 28, 2021, 04:04:22 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 26, 2021, 08:49:24 AM

I'm still enjoying the story though.
Spoiler
Cool to see where the hosts of the hooved Alien now. I liked the callback to Alien 3 re: the marks on their faces, but having it carry to the human hosts didn't sit right with me. 
[close]

Didn't some comics do this too? I remember the first Superman/Aliens did the "marks on the face" thing as well unless I'm mistaken.

Nothing jumps out at me, but I can't say I've read the DC crossovers that many times. I just thought of Spike from Alien 3 immediately.

Spoiler
Marks on the face goes back to Alien.
[close]

Local Trouble

Uh...

Spoiler
Did that alien just shrug off several direct hits from a pulse rifle?
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2021, 11:56:10 PM
Uh...

Spoiler
Did that alien just shrug off several direct hits from a pulse rifle?
[close]

Or it's bad aim.

Spoiler

SHOOT FOR THE SHOULDERS!!!!

[close]

SiL

SiL

Spoiler
For someone whose ribcage appears to have turned into a barbecue pit, that guy sure talks a f**king lot.

It's like they're trying to make it horrific by showing them suffering as much as possible, but it's just coming across as juvenile.
[close]

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on May 29, 2021, 12:18:10 AM
Spoiler
For someone whose ribcage appears to have turned into a barbecue pit, that guy sure talks a f**king lot.

It's like they're trying to make it horrific by showing them suffering as much as possible, but it's just coming across as juvenile.
[close]

Yup

BlueMarsalis79

"SKREEEEEEEEE!!!" -Neca or Hot Toys (Changes panel to panel) Big Chap

426Buddy

Wow thats terrible, those panels make me cringe.

judge death

WTF did I just read, was hard to keep track of what happened in the panels and then a guy with a ribcage thats molted like that still talks and shots his pulse rifle? Do I even need to say a person wouldnt be able to do that xD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed