Chinese Edit of Covenant Has No Aliens?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 06, 2017, 02:40:29 PM

Author
Chinese Edit of Covenant Has No Aliens? (Read 47,317 times)

Ash 937

I bet they'll sell a lot of Blu-Ray copies because it will have the deleted scenes.

Adorianu

@Scorpio He is shitting on his own franchise thats why peopel are mad.Covenant was shit.And he is doing with those prequels what Lucas did with SW.

juxtapose

juxtapose

i thought covenant was f**king fantastic not a 10/10 or perfect, but it had some breathtaking visuals, action and plenty gore. .and the acting was top notch, i would not cut one second. .i would rather add those 20 minutes that was cut. .and i will never get the hatred for the xeno or the final 20 minutes. . .so it felt a bit rushed. .?. .so lets remove it completely. .?. .whaaaaat?. .lol. .that will fortunately never happen. .and the hatred that is now flung at covenant is getting toxic. .i wish the people that enjoyed the movie like i did would be more vocal. .

. ,and if the movie never get a sequel cause of bad B0 it would be a tragedy. .but at least we got covenant and thats something. .a movie that for me was up there with the first 2.

newagescamartist

Quote from: juxtapose on Jun 09, 2017, 08:12:57 AM
i thought covenant was f**king fantastic not a 10/10 or perfect, but it had some breathtaking visuals, action and plenty gore. .and the acting was top notch, i would not cut one second. .i would rather add those 20 minutes that was cut. .and i will never get the hatred for the xeno or the final 20 minutes. . .so it felt a bit rushed. .?. .so lets remove it completely. .?. .whaaaaat?. .lol. .that will fortunately never happen. .and the hatred that is now flung at covenant is getting toxic. .i wish the people that enjoyed the movie like i did would be more vocal. .

. ,and if the movie never get a sequel cause of bad B0 it would be a tragedy. .but at least we got covenant and thats something. .a movie that for me was up there with the first 2.

I loved it too. The criticisms are extremely varied from the fanbase. Some hated that it destroyed the mythos from Prometheus. Others are pissed that David is the creator of the xeno. Others are mad about pacing. And some people are even upset about cgi monsters. The movie certainly isn't perfect, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Jonesy1974

Quote from: juxtapose on Jun 09, 2017, 08:12:57 AM

You can only say why you like Covenant so many ways and have people hit back with your wrong and its shit before you just give up.

To be fair most forum members on here who didn't like the film articulate this in an adult, reasonable way whilst still respecting the views of those who do like the film.

Unfortunately you will always get those who just make base, sweeping statements and believe everyone who disagrees are wrong but I think they are a minority and just try to ignore them as difficult as that may be.

I loved the film just as you did and no one can change my view no matter what they say.

juxtapose

. .i guess if u don't like a movie u simply don't like it. .and if u really enjoyed something then thats not gonna change either. .at least thats the way i am. .i did not like intersteller much. .i don't care if the critics thought it was brilliant made 20 billion at the box office, but if someone really loved it. .i would not try and spoil it for them either or change their mind and get them on my side. .i guess if i also loved it i might try and get others that did'nt like it that mich to give it another shot. .i would never tell people that insteller was crap and the directer is a hack just because it did not fall into my particular taste. .going to the extend of joining a forum to do that . .here is is looking at you ridley hater.. . So f**k you to!

Jonesy1974

Quote from: juxtapose on Jun 09, 2017, 09:30:15 AM
. .i guess if u don't like a movie u simply don't like it. .and if u really enjoyed something then thats not gonna change either. .at least thats the way i am. .i did not like intersteller much. .i don't care if the critics thought it was brilliant made 20 billion at the box office, but if someone really loved it. .i would not try and spoil it for them either or change their mind and get them on my side. .i guess if i also loved it i might try and get others that did'nt like it that mich to give it another shot. .i would never tell people that insteller was crap and the directer is a hack just because it did not fall into my particular taste. .going to the extend of joining a forum to do that . .here is is looking at you ridley hater.. . So f**k you to!

lol, yeah well his Tag tells you everything you need to know, he just wants to provoke a reaction. That's why I ignored his posts.

Intersteller didn't float my boat either and I usually love Nolan's movies.

Sagit

No worries. They will see more aliens while assembling toys and figures.

Corporal Hicks

And deleted. ridleyhater, 100% differing opinions are great. However, that kind of immature behavior and language is not. See ya.

Alas, poor ridleyhater has left this veil of tears.

juxtapose

well good riddance. .!

MnTd

So we don't get to see the stupid little CGI creature that comes out of the guy's back bounce
around while the lady so obviously kicks the air that they superimposed the cartoon on...
Or listen to it's awful predator type noises. God, the more I think about it the more I get angry at this movie.
I really wanted to love it so bad and I really love so much of it but they fuсked up the most IMPORATANT
PARTS, which are the fuсking ALIENS!!!

bummer

bummer

yea, well it wont make a difference cause they already butchered our version first by removing 20 minutes of scenes.    there better be a restored directors cut when the bluray is released.   what an outrage, could have been a really good film.    :-[

0321recon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2017, 11:40:01 AM
And deleted. ridleyhater, 100% differing opinions are great. However, that kind of immature behavior and language is not. See ya.

https://media.giphy.com/media/mLfgSwPpmZ2ww/giphy.gif

Alas, poor ridleyhater has left this veil of tears.

hehehhe

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

How can someone compare the 79's Alien with the latest Alien Covenant? Oh, Ridley Scott is not good enough at this time? His first Alien was simply the first one, audience never seen something like that until Scott made it, the first one was original and miracle in many ways. . everything after that was just another continuation, or expansion. That doesnt mean that other Alien movies was bad or worst, I just pointing out the fact, that with every next movie the whole surprise element slowly losing its potential, its harder and harder to made another Alien movie better than before, esspecialy after the first Alien and second Aliens. Personally, I love mostly the first one and the second one, but on the other hand. . I found every Alien movie interesting for multiple different reasons. So, maybe I love the first two, but I also like the rusty, dark atmosphere in Alien 3, I like the characters there and the whole change of overall movie theme. Alien Ressurection is on the other hand a little bit depraved, deviant. . I found that as both unique and original. Prometheus is my third favourite movie in this franchise, it is somehow different. . and I appreciate it a lot. It expand the whole Space Jockey theory in very unexpected way, once again I really appreciate it. What about Alien Covenant? Well, I like it. . not as much as the first two movies, but I still like it. . yes, I totally dont like some of the few things in Covenant, and believe me. . there are a lot of the stuff I found. . weird. But when I think about the Alien Covenant as a whole, I have only one, major, serious problem with this movie. . and that is the Lope death. He has the facehugger in his face for about 12 seconds, I dont understand how he can impregnate Lope so quickly, yes David could change the things so the Alien is now growing faster, and its born immediately without chesburster form. I can understand everything, but I dont buy how they manage to execute it. It feels so rushed, I have a really bad, super bad feelings about this. . this fact just killing me. It would be much better if Lope would be infected with the spores. . its gonna be a bigger surprise, and it would be atleast more logical. The Neomorph in the end would be much better. So, I like Covenant, but I have also mixed feelings about it, not to mention that the film itself could be even longer. Ridley needs to made another movie no matter what, Covenant have open end. . everything is pointless if we dont get another continuation. Sorry for my English, Im from Czech Republic, its not my language. Thanks for reading this.

Scorpio

Quote from: Adorianu on Jun 09, 2017, 07:46:26 AM
@Scorpio He is shitting on his own franchise thats why peopel are mad.Covenant was shit.And he is doing with those prequels what Lucas did with SW.

But Lucas actually changed the original movies to fit with his prequels, adding digital characters and what not (but thankfully fans have restored the originals and are available to download, if illegally).  The original Alien films are still intact.  You have to appreciate that this is a new story and not a continuation of the old films.  But if you don't like it, I feel sad for you, because there is so much to like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed