A mystery to be discussed (Spoiler filled topic)

Started by Space7Horror, Oct 28, 2014, 07:32:56 PM

Author
A mystery to be discussed (Spoiler filled topic) (Read 4,930 times)

ClockworkHorror

Now, this may be pure speculation on my part, but I do think it's significant. In the Alien: Isolation podcast, the gentlemen indicated that the comic had a very big reveal. After having read through it a few times I think it involves the last two pages involving Meeks.

Spoiler
One of the last panels in Meeks' dream state is this big Alien in a dress, iirc. (Don't have the book in front of me) And she hisses something along the lines of 'Mother's here.' The final panel showing that Meeks has a Facehugger firmly affixed to his face in a hive setting. I think this indicates, and it may be a stretch, that this is where the unseen Queen comes from. Where the facehugger that's on him came from, I don't know, but the xenomorph lifecycle is crafty. And adaptive. I mean, what came first? The Queen, or the egg?
[close]

That's my take on things. Again, it could just be speculation based on something that's meant to be perceived differently.

Corporal Hicks

The Egg as they were bio-engineered.  :P

But that's an interesting theory and nicely thought about.

thecaffeinatedone

So, basically the reasons for their decision is as follows:

Quote from: Creative Assembly Staff while making the story
"We can't show Eggmorphing guys, because only nerds know about that!"
"But, er, how will we get a nest and multiple aliens on the ship with only one Alien in our story?"
"Uh...well, people know what the Queen is, so um...she made it, somehow...er...somewhere"
"Then where did the Queen come from?"
"I've got it! We won't show either life cycles! The nest will just sort of appear!"
"Genius!"
"Bravo!"

HuDaFuK

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say there's a Queen somewhere and we just didn't see it.

We never saw the Queen in Aliens until Ripley went hunting right at the end. And showing a Queen wouldn't really fit with the less action-centric vibe of the game.

Corporal Hicks

...I dunno...Seeing a Queen whilst you're completely unarmed...

HuDaFuK

I'm sure it could've been awesome, I just think it would've been too Aliens for a game based solely on Alien.

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 10, 2014, 09:55:03 AM
I'm sure it could've been awesome, I just think it would've been too Aliens for a game based solely on Alien.

I actually agree, I like that we couldn't wrap our heads around the hive. It allows for speculation. A sequel, though, shouldn't be afraid of using the Queen in an interesting way (and not as a reskinned T-Rex.)

Samus007

Quote from: Queen7 on Oct 28, 2014, 07:32:56 PM
I know this is being discussed in other topics but I thought it could use its own. Okay so I know the game is meant to focus on the first Alien movie, but there are no signs of eggmorhoing present in the game.  The whole hive sequence got me thinking of multiple scenarios to how it started.  Marlows wife gets facehugged and carrys the first alien with her, I assume after that this alien eggmorphed a few people or one, creating a queen egg that would then produce a queen to start creating more eggs for all the people on the station. This is what I thinked happened, But then theres the fact that there was a facehugger on marlows ship which dosent make much sense so where did that come from? Anybody have and solid theroies to how the hive started and the lone facehugger?

That's exactly how I like to think it happened as well.

Xenoscream

I'm leaning towards egg-morphing.

Last time I was in the hive I took a really good look around, there were two distinct ways that people were stuck to the walls:

1. Upright

2. Curled into a ball

I propose that the curled into a ball people could be ready for egg morphing, although there are no physical signs they are turning into eggs. To support this theory I noted the following points:

1. They were not chest bursted
2. They did not appear to be alive
3. Bret and Dallas appeared to be folded up / in a ball position in the DC of Alien
4. There is no sign of a Queen anywhere
5. It doesn't make any sense for an Alien to curl someone up into a ball when imprisoning them since surely that would make them more difficult to facehug / chestburster to get out

Thoughts?

HuDaFuK

I'm content to just leave it as unexplained. There's no evidence of a Queen, but by the same token there's no real evidence of Eggmorphing either. OK, so some people are cocooned curled up. So why aren't they turning into Eggs if they're being Eggmorphed? The Alien DC shows us the process doesn't take long, so at least some of them should be turning.

I'll be honest, the lack of explanation for more Aliens didn't really bother me at all.

GQSioux

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 08, 2014, 03:14:06 PM
There's no egg morphing in the game. The devs said back in February (in an article I wrote for AVPG) that they wouldn't be doing it since only the more hardcore fans know about it, and a good deal of fans and casuals know about the Queen and they don't want to throw those folks off by appealing to a deleted scene.

Kind of strange they would say that considering they used Amanda Ripley. A character that came from a deleted scene!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: GQSioux on Nov 17, 2014, 09:36:15 PMKind of strange they would say that considering they used Amanda Ripley. A character that came from a deleted scene!

The Aliens SE has been around a hell of a lot longer though. And is James Cameron's preferred version.

windebieste

Not an 'ALIENS' game...  No Queen.  Thank God for that. 

-Windebieste.

Jango1201

I think its both actually. A few egg morphed people in the beginning stages of the infestation and one of the eggs produced a queen. Perhaps the conditions of creating a queen egg from morphing has something to do with an individuals hormones or how aggressive a person is by nature. I think back on the Doom movie as an example, where some people were turned into super humans while others turned into demons when introduced to C24 based on they're mental state.     

Keg

Thing is we don't actually know where the Queen came from in Aliens either. Weve got the crashed derelict with all the eggs and no sign of any life besides those presumably long dormant eggs. Newts parents stumble across the derelict and one of them is infected and it all escalates from there. Was the Queen on the Derelict the whole time and only showed up once all the colonists started making a good old racket? Or does it come from a queen facehugger or some other method like one of the aliens growing into a queen? We simply dont know.

I like to think one of the first aliens born in the creation of a new hive simply grows into a queen with enough time gone by, in order to then increase the size of a nest and create eggs quicker. So in the right circumstances Kanes "son" may have become a Queen (erm i realise that sounds stupid). Its the simplest and easiest way to explain both the Queen in Aliens and the hive in Isolation. In Aliens its simply one of the first xenos to be born has developed into a queen and in Isolation one of them has done the same but we just dont see it.

Problem with this though is that Alien 3 then goes on to establish that a Queen isnt just  an ordinary xeno originally and a Queen is always a Queen from the get go. Dammit. Im confused.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed