Windows 10 Issues

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2017, 10:54:55 AM

Author
Windows 10 Issues (Read 1,323 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I've just upgraded PC and moved onto Windows 10. I've re-installed AvP2 and for the most part it seems to be working except it'll crash when I try and load a saved game but will load up a new level just fine and it wont let me click on the menus so I have to navigate with the arrows and click enter. But it lefts me shoot fine in game.

Anyone ran into these issues before?

I also can't type in game so can't communicate on in-game chat or change my name.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2017, 10:54:55 AM
So I've just upgraded PC and moved onto Windows 10. I've re-installed AvP2 and for the most part it seems to be working except it'll crash when I try and load a saved game but will load up a new level just fine and it wont let me click on the menus so I have to navigate with the arrows and click enter. But it lefts me shoot fine in game.

Anyone ran into these issues before?

I also can't type in game so can't communicate on in-game chat or change my name.

That's an odd one.

Try as full re-install and keep everything patched updated and also make sure nothing is blocking lithtech.exe and co

(i'm on windows 10 and avp2 has been fine no problems at all)

Wweyland

Wweyland

Also installed it on Windows 10 and it seems to run fine. The only problem is that I cannot get the widescreen resolution (1920x1080) to work. Tried modifying the autoexec.cfg but nothing is changed. Seems the resolution is stored in some other config file (it's still 1280x960).

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 03, 2018, 06:25:21 PM
Also installed it on Windows 10 and it seems to run fine. The only problem is that I cannot get the widescreen resolution (1920x1080) to work. Tried modifying the autoexec.cfg but nothing is changed. Seems the resolution is stored in some other config file (it's still 1280x960).

Keep trying as it seems your windows 10 is blocking you from saving the autoexec.cfg (it's a common issue that)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I decided to use the All in One download and I left all the installation paths as default rather than trying to shift to my spare drive and it seems to be working okay now. I can actually change my name!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed