ACM at Comic-Con 2012

Started by ikarop, Jul 05, 2012, 11:32:38 PM

Author
ACM at Comic-Con 2012 (Read 34,797 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I'm hoping the comic shows up on eBay. Wonder if they'll be bringing anything else out towards release time.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 14, 2012, 12:30:00 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/comic-con/videos/dppt8s/sdcc-12--xenomorph-multiplayer-gameplay--cam-

That looks pretty good! It is smooth and navigating on the ceiling looks easier than AVP 2010.

Dovahkiin

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: ikarop on Jul 14, 2012, 12:30:00 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/comic-con/videos/dppt8s/sdcc-12--xenomorph-multiplayer-gameplay--cam-

Looks very playable and intuitive. But the running animation looks really silly. I think AvP2010 did Alien movement a lot better.

DJ Pu$$yface

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Where the f**k is all the single player game play at? Don't tell me that shitty developer walk through we got a long way back is all we have on that?

WickerMan

WickerMan

Are they kidding? No acid blood in singleplayer? I mean, the fans were upset over red dots on the motion tracker, how do they think we'll react to that? The excuse is even more puzzling, "because it made the game too hard". Wouldn't want the game to be challenging, we want a game that force feeds us a static corridor shooting experience. I don't remember the acid blood being frustrating in every other Aliens games.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: WickerMan on Jul 16, 2012, 11:41:40 PM
Are they kidding? No acid blood in singleplayer? I mean, the fans were upset over red dots on the motion tracker, how do they think we'll react to that? The excuse is even more puzzling, "because it made the game too hard". Wouldn't want the game to be challenging, we want a game that force feeds us a static corridor shooting experience. I don't remember the acid blood being frustrating in every other Aliens games.

Is that actually said in the video? No f**king way...I'm going to have to watch it now.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

It's in the article that Omega quoted from Ikarop.

SM

SM

QuoteI don't remember the acid blood being frustrating in every other Aliens games.

I don't remember FPP Aliens being disorienting either.  On the first two AvPs at least.

As for "However, the acidic blood would not affect players in the campaign because it proved too frustrating and took a lot of the 'fun factor' from the game when "seven dead aliens would bottleneck players & kill them."

Don't get this.  Alien blood neutralises very quickly after the Alien's death, as per the movies.  So have a dead Alien capable of doing acid damage for a short time, and if you step in it during that time - stiff shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed