NECA's The Predator Figures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2017, 01:20:37 PM

Author
NECA's The Predator Figures (Read 90,968 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

From an aesthetic standpoint I don't hate their design (ok I kind of love the damn pop toys they came out with) but no doubt the hounds in Predators have a more creative and vicious looking design. They were also utilized better in Predators, which is where my frustration mainly comes from with the hounds in The Predator.

When they initially posted the Ollie pop toy that didn't have the dreads I was really digging it. They should have done quills all over the body if anything. 

I think why I like their general design so much is because they remind me of my brother's Frenchies- complete with the snorting and round head.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 19, 2018, 02:16:50 PM
They should have done quills all over the body if anything. 

I believe that would've been the correct design decision.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 19, 2018, 02:16:50 PM
From an aesthetic standpoint I don't hate their design (ok I kind of love the damn pop toys they came out with) but no doubt the hounds in Predators have a better and more vicious looking design. They were also utilized better in Predators, which is where my frustration mainly comes from with the hounds in The Predator.

Wahen they initially posted the Ollie pop toy that didn't have the dreads I was really digging it. They should have done quills all over the body if anything. 

I think why I like their general design so much is because they remind me of my brother's Frenchies- complete with the snorting and round head.

And that's where I thought they were going to end up going with it. Sort of disappointing when they, idk, backtracked (maybe) from that idea.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2018, 01:16:24 PM
They're awful on the PredAliens and they're an awful idea for the dogs or the cut hybrids. It's just a lazy design shortcut to denote Predator influence.
Yip. I sort of tolerate them on the predaliens because of the dna reflux thingy, but just slapping dreads on anything is nothing but lazy.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2018, 01:16:24 PM
They're awful on the PredAliens and they're an awful idea for the dogs or the cut hybrids. It's just a lazy design shortcut to denote Predator influence.
Going to have to disagree on the Predalien part
I love them on the Predaliens.
They've been there since the first time we ever saw one.

The Old One

The Old One

& They were awful there too.

Give me phallic heads or give me death.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Dreads on Space Dogs > Dreads on Predalien

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, and if you can gather with how much vitriol I hate them on the hounds- then multiply that tenfold for the PredAlien.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 20, 2018, 02:01:56 AM

The point ruins the phallic head. And too many spikes.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: SiL on Sep 20, 2018, 06:04:36 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Sep 20, 2018, 02:01:56 AM

The point ruins the phallic head. And too many spikes.
agreed. The again, ths is vey crude art.

The Old One

The Old One

I believe the spikes are intended to be quils, carried over from the Predator.

I can take or leave the head turning into a spike, it's still very much phallic right up until then.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I think the PredAlien from AVP2010 was the best design for one so far. It had dreads though which I could do with out.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't think I've seen Dorman's topped yet.

The Old One

The Old One

I believe Shaun Noetle's design was headed in the right direction, excluding the quils on the back of the head.

I can appreciate the body of Dave Dorman's, but I don't appreciate the head one ounce.

I really admire this head-foreskin idea, although again- quils on the back of the head are unnecessary.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I've never seen that one till just now...good lord, if it was done right then I'd say seeing the head peel back on film would be one of the creepiest things in either franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed