ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1)

Started by Darwinsgirl, Jun 01, 2013, 03:49:43 AM

Author
ALIEN: Out of the Shadows (Novel 1) (Read 147,997 times)

Darwinsgirl

Cvalda

QuoteThe massively acclaimed Alien franchise is one of the most successful of all time, beginning with the first film in 1979. In a dramatic twist, this novel will return us to that time, to Ellen Ripley, and to never-before-revealed secrets of the Weyland-Yutani Corporations...secrets that lead into the events of the second film, Aliens...and beyond!

It ain't gonna be canon, but it might be an interesting read. Quite an early preorder -- doesn't come out til next year :S

Darwinsgirl

^^^

I noticed that too.

I'm not familier with the author but from his bio he wrote the novelization of "Thirty Days of Night" along with 30 other books.  So he's no amatuer writer.

predxeno

Awesome find, Darwinsgirl!!!  Send Corporal Hicks a PM (he's the guy who does Literature News) and you can get your name mentioned in the news section.

It sounds like this novel will explain why WY forgot all about the Derelict between the two films. :-\

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 01, 2013, 03:53:20 AM
It ain't gonna be canon, but it might be an interesting read.

Don't get me started on that. >:(

Kimarhi

You know who is a sucker for sometimes poorly and cheesily written professional fan fiction involving the Alien universe?  This guy.

Corporal Hicks

Whhhhaaatttt? So Titan is doing this, not Dark Horse? Interesting. I'll get it popped on the website page shortly.

Jay Thomas

Jay Thomas

This news just made my day! 

Interesting and cool that its "Alien" and not "Aliens".

Hudson

Sounds like one of those books in the Resident Evil series that randomly take place between the game adaptations.

I thought Aliens: Original Sin blew, personally, but something trying to insert itself within the films gets my attention way better than some anonymous story like most of the other novels.

predxeno

Quote from: thewoozy on Jun 01, 2013, 08:33:35 PM
This news just made my day! 

Interesting and cool that its "Alien" and not "Aliens".

That's what I thought, too; everything is written under the Aliens logo these days, even Aliens vs. Predator.

Sexy Poot

Aliens Colonial Marines promo art is that u?!

Hudson

I'm pretty sure that's a different one.

Sexy Poot

Nope it's the same. Juts given that steel blue tint, which is weird cuz that's for ALIENS not ALIEN. I always think of ALIEN as greens and blacks. For some reason that's the colors that are given to the movie.

Cvalda

The book isn't out til next year, I'm sure the cover art on Amazon is just preliminary.

Sexy Poot

It's not a mock up it's the cover guys.

Cvalda

You do know Titan regularly changes and revises their cover art before release, right? They did it last year with both their ALIEN: The Illustrated Story and Colonial Marines Technical Manual reprints.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed