NEW Ridley Scott talkes Prometheus (Empire Article)

Started by Gazz, Dec 16, 2011, 12:50:10 PM

Author
NEW Ridley Scott talkes Prometheus (Empire Article) (Read 22,403 times)

Mr. Clemens

Feeling so good about this movie!  8)

Engineer1

You tought that he was gonna shoot all his load in a 1/2 mins trailer and spoil the movie?

BonesawT101

something familiar? The Alien as we know it perhaps? or maybe the spacejockey

zuzuki

Quote from: Gazz on Dec 16, 2011, 12:50:10 PM
New article in this months issue of Empire.

QuoteThe crew of the Prometheus (the ship's name designed to echo the Greek myth) follow a perplexing message to a planet that will open their eyes and their chests to a new alien race.

Source: Empire Magazine Issue 272 - Feb 2012

yes please ;D

JayHy17

Awesome read! I mean really, this is connected. Its connected so much that it does make it a part of the franchise. SO PUMPED!

Mustangjeff

Quote from: zuzuki on Dec 16, 2011, 02:48:02 PM
New article in this months issue of Empire.

QuoteThe crew of the Prometheus (the ship's name designed to echo the Greek myth) follow a perplexing message to a planet that will open their eyes and their chests to a new alien race.

Source: Empire Magazine Issue 272 - Feb 2012

yes please ;D

Although I would feel better if that was a quote from Ridley Scott.

tonton

Amazing article.

I can't freaking wait for the trailer.

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 16, 2011, 02:38:02 PM
You tought that he was gonna shoot all his load in a 1/2 mins trailer and spoil the movie?

How many movie trailers in hindsight have given away pretty much the entire movie?  Further what has the leaked trailers provided us with...

1. Ampules/Urns
2. Giant Head
3. Dead Body / Abandaoned Space Suit
4. Egg which is extremely similar to the egg from Alien even down to the opening at the top
5. What some will argue is "creature" footage
6. Impregnated Female
7. Green Goo presumably from Ampule/Urns

If one through seven doesn't even count as the "sweet stuff" R. Scott was mentioning than I'm extremely excited for the movie.  I assumed he would keep the good stuff under wraps, but when that much stuff is provided in the trailer it makes you worried that to much has been given away.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Dec 16, 2011, 04:48:19 PMAlthough I would feel better if that was a quote from Ridley Scott.

Yes, I think that's a case of a writer trying to be clever without actually knowing anything.

Xenomorphine

"A crew of scientists embark on a journey somebody else is paying for,"

'Jurassic Park' in spaaaaaaaaace!

QuoteBoth are going to have a lot to swallow.

Oh, Ridley, you card...

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Dec 16, 2011, 05:05:18 PM
Egg which is extremely similar to the egg from Alien even down to the opening at the top

According to some interpretations. Not one I'd agree with. The only thing anyone can definitely agree upon is that it's 'something'.

Infected

74 years old? gotta respect this guy.
I am certain he will bring for me the best movie of 2012.

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: ryanjayhawk on Dec 16, 2011, 05:05:18 PM
Egg which is extremely similar to the egg from Alien even down to the opening at the top

According to some interpretations. Not one I'd agree with. The only thing anyone can definitely agree upon is that it's 'something'.
[/quote]

I should have clarified the egg was not from the trailer... it was from one of the production stills they released that was enhanced for clarity.

MrSpaceJockey

Yeah, and so?  I know what you are referring to, and those are still some shady interpretations.  They aren't eggs, as far as I'm concerned.  They look like they're made of rock.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

There is a fair bit of stuff in the article that is not Ridley's actual words, mostly insinuation by the article's author. Scott doesn't say much of anything in here that we haven't heard before, however...

QuoteHe talked about bioengineering and biological warfare as potential themes. Has he been able to satisfy his curiosity in that respect? "Definitely."

That's good. Thanks for the transcription Gazz!

-Chris

T Dog

By the way who wrote the article. Was it the author of Alien Vault, Ian Nathan by chance?
If so, that guy is definitely in the know of things to expect in Prometheus, so he would have a greater license to accurately fill in the gaps in the article.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed