Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 14, 2016, 05:57:07 AM

Author
Alien 5 Will Be Delayed By Avatar Sequels and The Gone World (Read 37,340 times)

HuDaFuK

Covenant didn't hinge on actors who will be pushing 70 in a few years.

Corporal Hicks

It's not been cancelled yet. It's just no longer in active development. We don't know what kind of scheduling stuff might be going off behind the scenes to get this done.

Whiskeybrewer

Well atm I think the backburner is getting cooler and cooler.

If it is to happen, it'll need to happen in the next 5 years. If it doesn't, then they need to continue the story after Resurrection and we can continue the canon from there

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 22, 2016, 01:31:21 PM

If it is to happen, it'll need to happen in the next 5 years. If it doesn't, then they need to continue the story after Resurrection and we can continue the canon from there

Here's hoping that is the case. I'd love to see the era of Resurrection or beyond be expanded upon.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 22, 2016, 09:41:37 AM
Finally - and this is really important - I'm not entirely without sympathy for those fans that desperately wanted to see this Project get green-lit by Fox.  I can appreciate their disappointment.  It really is too late to bring back Ripley, Hicks and Newt and this News comprehensively puts an end to that idea.  For those people who really wanted this to happen, it must be a serious let down  Here's to hoping that critical elements of the movie proposal, mostly plotting and conceptual content, can be salvaged and Blomkamp can still be in a position sometime in the future to make an 'ALIENS' movie. 

Erm... except that it has already been officially green-lit. By Fox. The films official status is currently In Production - On Hold.

Quoteand this News comprehensively puts an end to that idea.

Where did they say it was cancelled?  ???

Quote from: Kelgaard on Sep 22, 2016, 01:18:13 PM
It's too early to close the book on this.   Covenant took years to develop and seemed like a dead project for a while (Ridley made another movie in the interim, just as Blomkamp is doing now) .  It's the same with Alien 5.

Indeed, Covenant was put on hold by Ridley Scott so that he could do The Martian first. But now that Ridley Scott has done the same with Alien 5 everybody seems to think it's been cancelled.  ???

BishopShouldGo

Stop muddying the conjecture waters with facts, The Eighth Passenger!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Scorpio

Alien 5 isn't happening until it goes before the cameras.  Alien Covenant has already been filmed.  Very rarely does a film get shelved after that.

whiterabbit

The only thing older than the Weaver and Biehn is Sir Riddles.... so please do not put any time frames on here guys.  :'(

Well I guess I shouldn't have said "dead, dead, dead" either.  ???

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

whoa damn shocking news

didn't expect

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 22, 2016, 01:42:35 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 22, 2016, 01:31:21 PM

Here's hoping that is the case. I'd love to see the era of Resurrection or beyond be expanded upon.

Same. My idea for Alien 5 is set after Resurrection lol. Also some comics set in the gap between 3 and Res would be good as well

Master

There is still a possibility for Alien set after A3 and Resurrection on lv426, with Derelict, W-Y Commando and such. One can dream  ;D

SuicideDoors

We're still getting a 5th Alien movie. Just not a 5th chronological one. Alien Covenant is the fifth genuine instalment of the franchise. I know I've just pointed out the obvious BUT HOW EXCITING IS THAT?! I can live with Aliens 2 going on the backburner as long as Ridley brings back the Big Chap in a new, exciting and inventive way.

Xenomorphine

Well, if you're going to go down that road, it would technically be the sixth, as it's a direct continuation of the film which came before it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed