Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 147,283 times)

Samus007

I don't think Hicks will be a clone. I know that's been mentioned here a few times as a guess as to what might be, but it makes no sense. He's had an artist draw up hicks with the burn marks on his face, why would a clone have those same burn marks? NB is a very creative guy and I am very excited to see how he pulls this all off. He doesn't strike me as the kind of director that will just do away with A3 and A4 via some dream sequence thing. For me, I really want to see Hicks again, he was my favorite character along with Ripley in the series, I just hope he finds a very creative way of getting them together again. It is Sci Fi after all.

predxeno

Maybe they'll follow the canon set by A:CM regarding Hick's revival, the game is canon after all.

Samus007

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 13, 2015, 05:34:43 PM
Maybe they'll follow the canon set by A:CM regarding Hick's revival, the game is canon after all.

That is very possible. I know NB has played Isolation so I'm sure he's played CM too. If that's the case though, then the story would have to take place before Alien 4, unless Hicks went to sleep for 200 years give or take.

marrerom

Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 13, 2015, 05:37:32 PM

That is very possible. I know NB has played Isolation so I'm sure he's played CM too. If that's the case though, then the story would have to take place before Alien 4, unless Hicks went to sleep for 200 years give or take.

I highly doubt that Neil Blompkamp has played or cares about A:CM.  The game was made terribly and was absolutely decimated by every media outlet upon its release and was the subject of almost universal ridicule.

the game is canon after all.

Is it? I'm not calling you a liar, but from what I've seen of the evidence no one affiliated with fox has said so.  Just the people at gear box trying to give their game brownie points.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ripley will still be dead between Alien 3 and 4.

Nightmare Asylum

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 13, 2015, 08:35:17 AM
Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Feb 13, 2015, 04:34:26 AMWho in his sane mind wants a CGI Alien?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a CGI Alien. So long as it's blended well with practical work, I don't see the issue.

that it will look like a comic book character like 99% of all CGI creatures.

And at one point, it will face the camera and roar while moving the head, with his saliva pouring out and a silly tongue moving around.

Also, will do incredible jumps and movements that will look silly. Because why hide it, if you can show everything you want? 

Its a horrifying idea.

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 13, 2015, 06:10:02 PM

I highly doubt that Neil Blompkamp has played or cares about A:CM.  The game was made terribly and was absolutely decimated by every media outlet upon its release and was the subject of almost universal ridicule.

Is it? I'm not calling you a liar, but from what I've seen of the evidence no one affiliated with fox has said so.  Just the people at gear box trying to give their game brownie points.

Oh yeah, the game sucked no doubt there, but lots of hardcore Alien fans still played the game, and he has said many times he is a huge fan of the series, always has been.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 13, 2015, 06:11:02 PM

Ripley will still be dead between Alien 3 and 4.

True. But who's to say she wasn't resurrected once already before A4, by WY or something. Not that thats what i want to see, just throwing that out there.

Mr. Clemens

I kind of have to agree with SOB. The #1 reason for using CGI is because you need your alien to 'do something a man in a suit can't do'. The thing is, as soon as an alien does something a man in a suit can't do, my brain tells me I'm looking at animation and the fear leaves me (exception: the rod puppet in Alien3 was creepy as hell, and it was only the compositing that spoiled the illusion).

That said, if you had to have a big wide shot of hundreds of aliens running along a la Lord of the Rings, then CG is obviously the only way to go.

Ulm

I have a strange suspicion that The Chappie directed by NB may crash and floppat the B.O. Do we think NB would be allowed to get his hands anywhere near the A franchise if this does in fact happen?

Nightmare Asylum

Doesn't make a difference to me. I'm infinitely more excited for Chappie than I am for this right now anyways. I doubt Chappie's going to bomb, though. It didn't have a very big budget and it doesn't seem to be getting related at a time with a lot of heavy competition.

predxeno

Quote from: marrerom on Feb 13, 2015, 06:10:02 PM

When the game came out, I believe Fox said themselves that the game was canon, I remember reading that here on the forum at the time.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2015, 08:09:10 PM

http://www.theterminatorfans.com/exclusive-david-woodruff-on-alien-5-hicks-revival-r-rated-terminator-movie-avp3-and-more/

Those guys are great. I love that they put out these little images for the fans  :laugh:

*edit*

I cant get the link to work. Any Idea what the article said?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2015, 08:09:10 PM
http://www.theterminatorfans.com/exclusive-david-woodruff-on-alien-5-hicks-revival-r-rated-terminator-movie-avp3-and-more/

That link isn't working for for some reason. All I am getting is a white blank page and it's indicating it's still loading. It's been ten minutes and nothing is showing up. Now I am getting a Database Error message.

So can someone copy and paste the article for me behind a spoiler here?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed