Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 916,955 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Other than a lot of Fireteam, I'm playing Paradise Lost, because I'm a huge sucker for WWII alt-history stuff.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/982720/Paradise_Lost/

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Just now getting around to Shadow of War.  I replayed Shadow of Mordor first just as a refresher.

It's obvious that these games are meant to exist in the Peter Jackson movieverse, not the Tolkien legendarium.  In fact, knowledge of the books only seems to be a detriment to enjoying these games since there are so many glaring lore contradictions.  Not so with the movies, though.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 18, 2021, 11:00:42 PM
I was twelve or eleven years old when Origins released, it's one of those things I can never see objectively.

Does the Game Pass version of Inquisition come with all the DLC?  You're going to want it to get the complete experience.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I did buy the GOTY Edition.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I want regular comprehensive status updates.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Warframe
[PROTOTYPE]

Wweyland

Wweyland

Catching up on Star Wars games with the Fallen Order.

Stitch

Stitch

Still playing Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 2, but also started Moons of Madness and The Signifier

Stitch

Stitch

Doom Eternal: TAG Part 2 is starting to annoy me. I realise what the problem is, and it's not this DLC, it's the previous one. TAG part 1 was so frustratingly, bang-your-head-against-a-brick-wall difficult that it's spoiled the rest of the game for me.

I put the difficulty back up to Ultra Violence (which is what I played the main campaign on) after lowering it to get through part 1, and for the first 1/3 it was fine. Then I got to an encounter which was really hard (mainly because of the tight arena layout and loads of huge enemies) and I was spending hours on it. I dropped the difficulty down to Hurt Me Plenty (normal) and finally got through it, so brought it back up to UV again, only to be met by another encounter in even closer quarters.

At this point I've now just dropped down to easy and I don't really care about playing it for the challenge anymore, I just want to get done with it. Considering I loved the main game and spent ages retrying every tricky encounter, to finally get the satisfaction of beating it by the skin of my teeth, to realise that I'm just getting fed up is very disappointing. I think the difficulty of TAG part 2 is closer to the main game, and that if I hadn't got burnt out playing TAG part 1, I'd probably still be enjoying it. Probably the most annoying thing is that I want to enjoy it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Making my way through Inquisition for the first time and, surprisingly finding myself enjoying it a great deal, just don't ever ever ever do Requisition missions.

I find a lot of the characters irritatingly twee with each passing hour though, (despite this Inky ended up romancing Sera somehow) I really do not like the new camera perspective for most conversations or certainly the dialogue system of ticking boxes at times, got a serious case of bloat as I'm 100+ hours in with only just now having finished the Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts quest line but I have not tackled anything else yet in terms of the main quest.

It's a pity because I feel it might be much stronger had certain areas got condensed or merged, for example I really enjoyed the Emerald Graves, but the Exalted Planes? Just the aforementioned but insufferably dull.

It's also bizarre right after recently playing the previous entries how I rarely feel as though I'm making choices in any of the secondary or tertiary quests this, makes it feel more like an action adventure, outside the primary quests and I do not see myself replaying this ever possibly for that reason mainly.

You simply don't get many opportunities to define who your Inquisitor might be outside of the major decisions, I don't begrudge Bioware trying something a bit different here but I hope the following game manages to strike a balance between this and Origins' razor sharp focus, oh and I will appreciate more authentic armors back also thank you.

I know that's a lot of complaining so far but, I genuinely am enjoying the gameplay loop for the most part though, I think it mostly strikes the right balance between the two prior entries and with refinement could be truly great in addition the variety's a massive step up (the dragons, the wildlife, the environments) from prior Dragon Ages in everything you can think of apart from diversity of playstyles themselves that feel quite limited compared to Origins but that's something true of both II and III.

Oh and I want to throw Vivienne off that balcony, just a bit anyway, but that's just on the money for things this lacks compared to Dragon Age in terms of roleplaying I don't really have the option to give them a stern talking to about the constant insults even after helping them considerably.

I actually really like the crafting, that I can say for not many of this genre, it could do with a slight bit of simplification but for the most part I really enjoy it, blowing an entire afternoon farming the Demon's Advocate to make excellent armor for everyone's a hoot.

I don't feel awful about that because I'm playing this on Nightmare for the Achievements and it is still plenty tough in places here and there.

I have done everything available in Ferelden but the DLCs that I'm saving for before the main quests, now I'm tackling what I assume to be three bloody deserts and the Emprise Du Lion, I will let you all know if anything noteworthy springs to mind at a later date- I'm not very good at conciously chronicling adventures.

Huggs

Huggs

Alien Isolation

Dirty b@$tard got me twice already.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 23, 2021, 10:22:16 PMjust now having finished the Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts quest line

How did you react when she showed back up?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I thought that gown looks massive on you.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, it was funny, but also kinda cute to see her unusually dolled up.

Also, that was a very comprehensive update.  Thank you.  I look forward to your next report.

Spoiler
[close]

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I don't think a game has ever managed to be as simultaneously excellent and awful as that was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed