Figure Photos

Started by SiL, Jul 31, 2016, 11:46:59 AM

Author
Figure Photos (Read 4,421 times)

SiL

SiL

I done took some photos of some AvP figures and these are them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looking good! I do really like that tribute set.

It's nice to see some more figure photos. Don't get enough of them these days.

Nostromo

Nostromo

That is one well detailed Alien!!

SiL

SiL

Nothing compared to this guy:

I was screwing around with long exposures but I'll get a clearer shot soon. He's about two thirds the size but more detailed, more articulate and more accurate.

windebieste

windebieste

Sooo cool.  Looks like everyone is having fun with action figures these days.  You've obviously been having way too much fun with these.  Keep it up!

-Windebieste

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Which brand is that?

SiL

SiL

S&H Monsterarts Alien big chap.

His friggin' upper chest is articulated. And they made the tail in linked segments rather than rubber-covered wire, so it's slightly less posable but a hell of a lot more stable, and less likely to rot.

And here are those better images!

Like I said, super posable. Lookit those knee joints. I was wrong about more accurate -- it is in places, but that tail blade is ADI all over.

He actually comes with two sets of hands, one neutral, one clawing. I didn't get any photos of the "attack" hands.

The dome is obviously too transparent, but at least they didn't give the eye sockets an angry expression like everyone else does.

Trying out the old VHS rear-cover image, taken from one of the promo shots. They actually specifically demonstrate this pose in the promotional and packaging imagery for the figure.

Olaf.Brunson

Olaf.Brunson

Personally, I think the Alien's pose would have been better if the inner jaws were still mostly inside it's mouth, revealed. Otherwise, it gives the look like it's kind of just gently brushing the Pred's face with it, with no real imminent sense of danger.

Otherwise, pretty cool!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

These are awesome!
How do you like the SHMA figures for the Aliens and Predators? I love them for the Godzilla themed figures, but I haven't committed to anything else of theirs.

SiL

SiL

I've only got the Big Chap but I really like it, it's probably my favourite. Love the sculpt and the posability of it.

Quote from: Olaf.Brunson on Aug 10, 2016, 03:16:03 PM
Personally, I think the Alien's pose would have been better if the inner jaws were still mostly inside it's mouth, revealed. Otherwise, it gives the look like it's kind of just gently brushing the Pred's face with it, with no real imminent sense of danger.

Otherwise, pretty cool!
Gravity was against me and it kept sliding out, so I just rolled with it :P

SiL

SiL

The original Kenner Big Chap always looks kind of goofy in most images you see of it, but there's actually a lot of really nice detail on the thing if you look closely.

The Old One

The Old One

Sexy.

SiL

SiL

I dusted off some small Alien figures to try out a new macro lens. Unfortunately I did not take the term "dust off" literally.

Kradan

Kradan

SiL

SiL

Thank you!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed