Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 147,651 times)

Vrastal

No retcon no ripley 8. new story.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, since when were retcon or Resurrection sequel the only two options?

Vrastal

knowing fox they will ok whatever it is as long as a name is tied to it, lance in avp, beihn in colonial marines.  ripley in all the books.

At this stage shes become a sell point. which is really disappointing becasue i find it hard to believe that only one woman is unlucky enough to encounter aliens so many times.

Ash 937

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 09:01:28 PM
knowing fox they will ok whatever it is as long as a name is tied to it, lance in avp, beihn in colonial marines.  ripley in all the books.

At this stage shes become a sell point. which is really disappointing becasue i find it hard to believe that only one woman is unlucky enough to encounter aliens so many times.

Though it didn't start off that way, you could even make the argument that Alien3 was FOX's first attempt to "cash out" the series.  What started off as an interesting idea, turning into production hell, and ultimately left FOX salvaging what they had to cut a profit out of the mess.  People anticipated it because it had name recognition and Sigourney's star power attached to it.  After that, it was a film that was largely forgotten by casual fans of the series...much like the AvP films and Resurrection.

As much as I've enjoyed Alien3 over the years, I don't think I'd mind if Blomkamp does indeed make a sequel to Aliens and rejects the notion of Alien3 and Alien: Resurrection entirely...as long as the story is good enough, of course.  I mean, Alien: Resurrection was, in essence an attempt by FOX to rewrite the ending of Alien3 and bring back Ripley...why not take that idea one step further and bring back Hicks, Bishop, and (possibly) Newt?

Vrastal

It would just make more sense to have a new plot with new people

whiterabbit

The Queen from Aliens is still out there, floating around in space... they could use her instead of Ripley for a round about perfect sequel.  :laugh:

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 10:07:20 PM
a new plot with new people

+1

But if Sigourney has to be in it, then it hurts me to say I'm in Team 8.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2015, 04:59:02 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Feb 12, 2015, 04:53:34 AM
The ADI effects guys need to stay away from any Alien sequels, unless Blomkamp really pushes them stylistically.

They need to stay away period.  Tom Woodruff is awful in the costume.

Woodruff is actually very good as the Alien.  A lot of the crap scene's in AvPR were stunt guys not Woodruff (the alien crawling on hands and knees on the hospital rooftop is a good example)

Also, I'm not 100% against the idea of Hick's coming back. He's a good character and I like him. It's just that he, you know, died.  If they can figure out a way to incorporate him into an Alien 5 that doesn't use lazy writing (such as Alien3 being a dream or other such nonsense) then I wouldn't have a problem with it... I just cant think of a way to do it   :-\

Vrastal

you must not have played stasis inturupted

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 12, 2015, 08:42:58 PM

This.. Why have team retcon or team eight? So many options here.

Throw in Team Stand-Alone while we're at it.. and just for me being the minority here-- Team Reboot. If there is one guy who can do an Alien reboot just fine, it would be Blomkamp.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2015, 12:02:01 AMWhy have team retcon or team eight?

It's based on the assumption that Sigourney will be involved.

Vrastal

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 13, 2015, 12:02:01 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 12, 2015, 08:42:58 PM

This.. Why have team retcon or team eight? So many options here.

Throw in Team Stand-Alone while we're at it.. and just for me being the minority here-- Team Reboot. If there is one guy who can do an Alien reboot just fine, it would be Blomkamp.

But we dont need a reboot we just need a standalone spin off that can become its own thing

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 13, 2015, 12:52:41 AM
It's based on the assumption that Sigourney will be involved.

I recognize and acknowledge that. And it's a strong assumption.

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 13, 2015, 12:56:47 AM
But we dont need a reboot we just need a standalone spin off that can become its own thing

I am also strongly for this!

marrerom

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 11:07:51 PM
you must not have played stasis inturupted

I haven't played it but i know all about it.  The way they shoe horned Hicks into that game was contrived and senseless.  It didn't further the plot or serve the story, it was just done for the sake of it.  Just so people could go "ohhh hicks is back, yeah!".  If they could come up with a novel way to reintroduce him to the series that's actually integral to the plot and not a blatant attempt to appeal to butt hurt fanboys I'd be all for it.

Doggo33

Oh. I read another article based on this interview and it showed presented she said in a much more positive light. Having seen this whole video it now seems as if she's not really that interested. She's just not closed-minded about it.

I think if it happens, it will likely be bad, and it will probably mess with the previous content.

In terms of an unrelated film - I think that will be quite ignorable. The only reason a sequel is really asked for is so that it can be added on to the story of Ripley. Of course if it is an unrelated film, and it is destructive of previous content, it will easier be able to be ignored, than if it was part of the series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed