Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 149,090 times)

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 03, 2015, 11:58:45 PM
Wow, there's so much negativity on this thread, I'll sign it if just to say I want an Alien movie that isn't a cheap Prometheus rip.

Exactly! This looks cool as hell. Whoever thinks otherwise...I just worry about  :laugh:

SiL

It looks like the same dumb fanfiction people have been writing for decades. Just cos it's Blomkamp doesn't mean it would have been any better.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah. I love most of the design stuff a lot,but I can't say I'm fond of the idea of Ripley and Hicks coming back.

I'd love to see some of these ideas used in a non-Alien project, though.

Thomas

if anyone is going to tackle a new alien movie i want it to be a new storyline with new caracters. If that is to much to ask for then i wouldn´t mind seeing an "alien isolation the movie" with some plot changes and twist so that we get something familiar and new at the same time. Those of us who play alien isolation still want to be surprised.

A side note : The space jockeys were bio engineers which in my mind means that the xenomorph of the alien movies is one version of a bio weapon and the mutation in prometeus is a different version. Meaning we could be introduced to other versions of the bio weapon.

tmoldovan

At the end of Alien 2, the escape pod with Ripley, Newt and Hicks is intercepted by WY.
The company clones them and sends the originals back on their merry adventures in A3 and A4. Or they keep the originals and send the copies off.

In either case you now have new Ripley and Hicks to play with.

Maybe the company planted those eggs and sent them to the penal colony to see how things develop.

Love those shots of Derelict and Facility.

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: tmoldovan on Jan 04, 2015, 03:42:57 AM
At the end of Alien 2, the escape pod with Ripley, Newt and Hicks is intercepted by WY.
The company clones them and sends the originals back on their merry adventures in A3 and A4. Or they keep the originals and send the copies off.

In either case you now have new Ripley and Hicks to play with.

Maybe the company planted those eggs and sent them to the penal colony to see how things develop.

Love those shots of Derelict and Facility.

Why would they clone them?

WinterActual

Kel G 426

The pics are interesting but I'd like to hear the actual pitch before signing anything.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Chronicle on Jan 04, 2015, 12:46:39 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Jan 03, 2015, 11:58:45 PM
Wow, there's so much negativity on this thread, I'll sign it if just to say I want an Alien movie that isn't a cheap Prometheus rip.

Exactly! This looks cool as hell. Whoever thinks otherwise...I just worry about  :laugh:
That kind of desperation is what got us AVPr!   :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmoldovan on Jan 04, 2015, 03:42:57 AMAt the end of Alien 2, the escape pod with Ripley, Newt and Hicks is intercepted by WY.

:laugh:

No.

WinterActual

Look how hard it was to clone Ripley in A:R. And it takes place WAY after A3. There's no way WY to clone Ripley and Hicks with the tech present in that time period.

T Dog

I think that although A3 was disappointing initially it has become a flawed but pretty good film in my mind.
Once you get over the deaths of Hicks and Newt I think the series would have probably ended the way it did anyway with Ripley dying or sacrificing herself. You can maybe assume that Hicks and Ripley would have died in 3 regardless of what movie came about.

I think a retcon or an alternative storyline just seems a bit silly and will muddle things even more than bringing Ripley back in Resurrection already did. I'd love to see Michael Biehn in another great role/movie and it pained me as a kid how he was rubbed out of A3 but bringing him back would just seem silly now.....how did they do it in Colonial Marines btw?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Jan 04, 2015, 01:44:19 PMhow did they do it in Colonial Marines btw?

We're expected to believe a man wearing bandages in exactly the same place as Hicks somehow ended up on the Sulaco, and then managed to get thrown into Hicks' cryotube during a fistfight with W-Y soldiers and get locked inside, and then was lucky enough to get mangled in such a way that his injuries disguised who it really was.

None of which addresses how the hell hicks' dog tags get to Fiorina - they're visible in Alien 3. Or why the ship's black box didn't know there were soldiers on board, but thought there was a fire which literally never happens in the game.

WinterActual

Quote from: tmjhur on Jan 04, 2015, 01:44:19 PM
I think that although A3 was disappointing initially it has become a flawed but pretty good film in my mind.
Once you get over the deaths of Hicks and Newt I think the series would have probably ended the way it did anyway with Ripley dying or sacrificing herself. You can maybe assume that Hicks and Ripley would have died in 3 regardless of what movie came about.

I think a retcon or an alternative storyline just seems a bit silly and will muddle things even more than bringing Ripley back in Resurrection already did. I'd love to see Michael Biehn in another great role/movie and it pained me as a kid how he was rubbed out of A3 but bringing him back would just seem silly now.....how did they do it in Colonial Marines btw?

The whole idea of A3 is crap. Hicks being dead is the last problem of the movie. One of the most high security prisons in the universe - yet, not a single weapon on it - what the f**k. If it was some colony or something like that, a place with normal people, yeah it may lack weapons, but a prison without weapons? Yeah.. no.

Personally I would love to see Alien 3 set in some space station ala Omega from Mass Effect. With mercs, bandits, and other scum, security forces, civilians. Just imagine how much xenos they can get in that movie and what massacre they can represent. Epic last stand and battle scenes. Also Hicks and Newt would be alive. I don't mind Newt being the sole survivor in the end of the movie though. I can imagine a shuttle with Newt on board and the station blowing up behind it.

But Alien 3 was just talking 99% of the movie, CGI xeno (wtf bro) and overall the xeno was not that frightening like in the first movie. What I mean with this is that even one xeno can be scary but they couldn't pull that off again in A3.

Nightmare Asylum

Most shots of the Alien in the third film were either a suit or a rod puppet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed