Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 149,013 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 02, 2015, 09:12:59 PM
Hell no, it does NOT need a remake.  But the if scenario still exists.

Never say never, because it's bound to happen.. Although I wouldn't bet in our life time.

And if it does happen.. and that's a big IF.. I'm willing to bet maybe another twenty years time.

Elmazalman

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 02, 2015, 09:19:16 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 02, 2015, 09:12:59 PM
Hell no, it does NOT need a remake.  But the if scenario still exists.

Never say never, because it's bound to happen.. Although I wouldn't bet in our life time.

And if it does happen.. and that's a big IF.. I'm willing to bet maybe another twenty years time.
I wouldn't want to see a remake of ALIEN.It was about 30 years between The Thing From Another World and John Carpenter's version.It could happen sooner than another 20 years.

T Dog

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 02, 2015, 08:04:45 PM
Quote from: tmjhur on Jan 02, 2015, 06:33:51 PM
Couldn't they just use the Ripley Clone and say that Hicks was cryogenically frozen?

He was a mutilated corpse.  What good would it do to freeze him?

Should have elaborated.
I meant that he wasn't actually dead after 3 and that the company took him and put him in some sort hibernation stasis. I'm not going to bother ironing out potential plot holes but just a thought on how they could link Hicks up with the Ripley clone from Resurrection.

My idea for Alien 5 would be somehow to link Shaw up with Ripley on the engineer world.

MrSpaceJockey

Except ALIEN still pumps out new material.

whiterabbit

AlienĀ³ and A|R was just a really crappy dream Ripley had.

Elmazalman

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 02, 2015, 11:10:05 PM
Not much of it up to the same high standards set by the original film though.Imo.

Ratchetcomand

I would like to see Neil Blomkamp do Alien 5 after Fox does Prometheus 2. They need to finish where they start before ditching another movie seeing that Prometheus was plan to have two sequels early on.

felipescado

mmm, honestly, prometheus, was awesome, (even more with the deleted scenes)
and i loved alien resurrection but, honestly alien 3, was as bland as its title, i think THAT was the worst alien movie, and while i still love resurrection i wouldnt mind a new sequel to alienS, any reboot, remake, re....something would be good, but lets be honest, no matter how awesome they end being, people only will be comparing it to the original, will be critizising anything they can(even in the case it ends being even better than the original), thats the way things are, for me, something that continues from where resurrection ended, would be awesome, as well as this concepts, anything but that honestly i dont know

Jman

Maybe the Ripley's Nightmare concept would work if the Weyland Corporation somehow interfered with Ripley's cryosleep status after ALIENS, taking her, Hicks, and Newt into custody--to suit their research, and then implanted false memories or "dreams" about the events that transpired in ALIEN 3, maybe even of Ripley's own death on Fury 161. Since the Xenos were most likely wiped out on LV426 after the nuclear explosion, the only useful and detailed information Weyland could be able to pursue would be through the experiences of first hand encounters with the creatures--and maybe some leftover alien dna found on board the dropship or the Sulaco itself. Could they have kept her, Hicks and Newt alive and in extended cryosleep or in a drug induced coma for decades, while they picked and probed their minds for any useful Xeno details through their memories? Maybe one of them--Ripley or Hicks-- wakes somehow, realizes what is going on and wakes the other survivors from the Sulaco, then they have to escape the Weyland laboratories and thus encounter many of their experiments, like on one of the levels in the game ALIENS: Colonial Marines. As for the aliens returning, could the memory research, plus some actual DNA from the Queen's tissue resulting from her battle with Ripley in the powerloader, maybe stuck to the powerloader's loading claws work for cloning a Xeno--maybe a slightly different creature(s) due to experimentation with not only human dna, but also from various animals--sort of like the runner alien from Alien 3? Maybe a tiger-alien hybrid, or a bulky and muscular bear-alien mix. Not sure where all this is going, or whether it makes sense to most. Just my thoughts.   :-

Jman

I need to correct one thing I said about the alien tissue on the powerloader claws. The powerloader was sucked out into space after the queen, so the tissue possibly ripped from her during the battle would have to be found on the Sulaco floor.  Interesting concept

Crazy Rich

I won't be signing. The concept art is interesting at the least but it's not something I'd want in the form of a movie.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Speculating a bit, I think Neil Blomkamp had the idea that Weyland Yutani discovered that the pilot of the ship from LV-426 was a giant man in a spacesuit. Then, the company manufactured its own version by reverse engineering. And considering that Neil Blomkamp loves everything related to robotic suits (see Distic 9 and Ellysium), perhaps he wanted to explore more about the technology of the  Engineers, a technology that can be very important to pilot the alien spacecraft.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 03, 2015, 12:18:08 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 02, 2015, 11:10:05 PM
Not much of it up to the same high standards set by the original film though.Imo.

That's not my point.

Immortan Jonesy

viendammage

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Jan 02, 2015, 07:44:12 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 02, 2015, 04:43:36 PM
Quote from: viendammage on Jan 02, 2015, 04:39:35 PMExactly, anyone who enjoyed X-Men Days of Future Past can attest to that as it essentially rebooted the series while taking it in a new direction.

Except time travel fits in with a silly comic book film. A serious Alien universe, it does not.

Quote from: viendammage on Jan 02, 2015, 04:39:35 PMNobody complained much when Prof X came back w no explanation of his death/return.

Speak for yourself, crap like that annoys the hell out of me. It's like they're saying, "Screw it, the audience are idiots, we don't need to explain it, they'll just accept it."

Only there totally is an explanation for Prof.X's return. It's at the end of X-Men: 3 TSL

You'll have to remind me, his consciousness is in another body then what?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed