Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project

Started by Jenga, Jan 02, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

Author
Neill Blomkamp's (cancelled?) Alien 5 project (Read 149,925 times)

Corporal Hicks

^ Fox freaked out. Which was a terrible idea.

If it continues with Ripley 8 I'll be happier.

Then we get a cloned Hicks. And I will be a sad panda. Leave Hicks alone!

HuDaFuK

Despite Resurrection being kinda gash, I'd actually be pretty excited by the prospect of more Ripley 8. As a character, she could be very interesting, with the part-Alien vibe she's got going on. Let's be hoenst, that angle was never really explored all that thoroughly in the film, apart from finding the odd use for her acid blood and having her sense the Aliens occasionally (but completely sporadically).

With some more thought, it could be really cool to expand upon her inhuman traits. What's more, the +200 years timeframe could be fun to explore.

Corporal Hicks

Exactly.  I think her connection to the Aliens will allow for some really interesting developments with her character and with the species itself. And it'll give Weaver something interesting to play with.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 12, 2015, 04:15:17 PM
If it continues with Ripley 8 I'll be happier.

Then we get a cloned Hicks. And I will be a sad panda. Leave Hicks alone!

I suppose I would be fine with this prospect rather than the whole Ripley's Nightmare angle going on as far as speculation/discussion is concerned.

And yes, please.. leave Hicks alone. We have to suffer Colonial Marines enough as it is.

hfeldhaus

Agreed. Carry on the Ripley 8 story. Leave Hicks dead. No nightmare Bullshit. People say it's the best way to retcon but it's still a terrible ideas and a cop out.

Kel G 426

Why is a Ripley clone acceptable but a Hicks clone isn't?

marrerom

I hope that they incorporate some of the concepts from Prometheus into Alien 5.  A large part of the film revolved around the Engineers using the black goo to transfer Alien genes into other organisms (ie. Worms, fifield, Holloway.) as a bioweapon.  Well what would happen if the Engineers discovered Ripley?  She has alien genes in her due to the cloning process, so what would the implications of that be? Would she be immune to the black goo?  I find the possibilities compelling.

T Dog

Quote from: Kelgaard on Feb 12, 2015, 06:58:36 PM
Why is a Ripley clone acceptable but a Hicks clone isn't?

Because the Ripley clone worked for story purposes as a means for the company to get their hands on the Alien. WHo would bother cloning Hicks and why?

Bio Mech Hunter

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Vrastal

continue the ripley 8 story or just do something new.

I do prefer practical effects over cgi though. i always thought it was cool seeing the physical Alien suit and always wanted one of my own

The nightmare i a cop out and is almost as bad if not worse that the colonial marines/hicks crap.

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: Nazrel on Feb 12, 2015, 07:59:43 PM
continue the ripley 8 story or just do something new.

I do prefer practical effects over cgi though. i always thought it was cool seeing the physical Alien suit and always wanted one of my own

The nightmare i a cop out and is almost as bad if not worse that the colonial marines/hicks crap.

I vote something new if I have a choice between continuing from Alien Resurrection or something new. There is 200 years between Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. I'd like to know what the company was doing in that time that they weren't able to secure a sample of the organism in 200 years. You'd think they would have moved on, perhaps created their own genetic monstrosity if the had the capability to clone two organisms, one within the other.

Vrastal

That or who else was unlucky enough to find the aliens hidden somewhere, theres got to be more than just ripley

Russ

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 12, 2015, 03:50:38 PM

You'll have to excuse me using a Ninja Turtle as an emoticon but there is no emote on the board which has the reaction I have towards your post, which is a crushing feeling of acknowledged defeat. Why? Because it's true.

It could be good, you never know. Here's a good article:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/02/neill-blomkamp-theres-a-high-possibility-of-another-aliens-film/

that again weaves together some interviews. This one though has a quote from Blomkamp saying that he was considering an idea that didn't involve Ripley, but whilst working with Sigourney on "Chappie" he was blown away by her (interesting as Ridley Scott says a very similar thing in one of his commentaries).

It looks like there's some acceptance on here as this may well happen and there are two distinct camps: Team Retcon and Team 8.

Chose your side... *lol*

(I'm Team Retcon)

Visceral_Mass

Quote from: Russ on Feb 12, 2015, 08:32:48 PM
It looks like there's some acceptance on here as this may well happen and there are two distinct camps: Team Retcon and Team 8.

Chose your side... *lol*

(I'm Team Retcon)

If we're choosing teams, I'm on Team Retcon.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm hoping if Alien 5 does happen then Blomkamp will have Alien 3 and Resurrection not canon. Just have them to be consider to be What If stories to the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed